Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

Prophecy of St. Malachy

• Please log in to reply
51 replies to this topic

#1    ambelamba

ambelamba

Just an average guy who tries to be...NORMAL!!!!

• 3,329 posts

• It's good to be mildly skeptical to remain sane. But too much of it will make you a douche.

Posted 12 February 2013 - 10:32 PM

You can't destroy Rome without p***ing off NATO, period.

And there's not a single nation in this world that is willing to invade the Italian border and march into the Vatican to destroy it. Even more, There are 1.1 billion Catholics on this planet. How in the hell anyone can actively persecute them without facing massive resistance? A long time ago, I mentioned that Catholics won't easily abandon their faith just because the Vatican is destroyed.

If some one hell of a coincidence happens and someone or some entity is out to destroy Catholic church, it simply cannot be done by human hands. No nation in this world is capable of actively suppressing a global religion.

They came with a Bible and their religion. stole our land, crushed our spirit, and now they tell us we should be thankful to the Lord for being saved.

-Chief Pontiac (1718-1769)

#2    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 13,462 posts

• Because what came before never seems enough...

Posted 12 February 2013 - 10:38 PM

I agree that the church cannot be destroyed by human hands.  The city of Rome could be if a war touches it.  And I think the St Malachy thing is as reliable as the 2012 nonsense was.

We've cast the world, we've set the stage,
  for what could be, the darkest age...

#3    Sir Wearer of Hats

Sir Wearer of Hats

Is not a number!

• 10,036 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 10:40 PM

Nutbag extremist + suitcase nuke = Petrus Romanus' final moments.

#4    rashore

rashore

Telekinetic

• 6,761 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 11:05 PM

I caught wind of the Pope Prophecy only somewhat recently. I do think it would be interesting if the next Pope was a Peter.
And not knowing a heck of a lot about the subject.. I've also seen Jerusalem suggested as the city of seven hills to be destroyed.

#5    Eldorado

Eldorado

Unforgiven

• 10,293 posts

• I reckon so.

Posted 12 February 2013 - 11:28 PM

Ahh... but this Peter will be the devil in disguise.  *does best Elvis lip*

Not human!   (probably)

#6    OverSword

OverSword

Forum Divinity

• 12,810 posts

• When the power of love overcomes the love of power then humanity can evolve

Posted 12 February 2013 - 11:37 PM

View PostRon Jeremy, on 12 February 2013 - 10:32 PM, said:

You can't destroy Rome without p***ing off NATO, period.

And there's not a single nation in this world that is willing to invade the Italian border and march into the Vatican to destroy it. Even more, There are 1.1 billion Catholics on this planet. How in the hell anyone can actively persecute them without facing massive resistance? A long time ago, I mentioned that Catholics won't easily abandon their faith just because the Vatican is destroyed.

If some one hell of a coincidence happens and someone or some entity is out to destroy Catholic church, it simply cannot be done by human hands. No nation in this world is capable of actively suppressing a global religion.
You're assuming they mean the city of Rome.  In prophecy rome wuould be the Roman empire or in other words the EU.  Also the destruction does not have to be of a physical nature in my opinion, in the context of it being the Roman empire, or EU, it could be the financial destruction, and lets face it we're half way there now.

#7    Ashotep

Ashotep

Telekinetic

• 7,367 posts

• Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway-John Wayne

Posted 13 February 2013 - 12:14 AM

Maybe we can't destroy the catholic church but it could destroy itself.

#8    ambelamba

ambelamba

• 3,329 posts

• It's good to be mildly skeptical to remain sane. But too much of it will make you a douche.

Posted 13 February 2013 - 01:07 AM

View PostHilander, on 13 February 2013 - 12:14 AM, said:

Maybe we can't destroy the catholic church but it could destroy itself.

When hundreds of millions of Catholics are proud of their religious heritage, it's impossible for the church to be completely implode. It will survive in a certain form.

The prophecy mentions some form of global persecution, which is practically impossible for many reasons: too many Catholics, global politics, the sheer amount of logistics for persecution and etc.

They came with a Bible and their religion. stole our land, crushed our spirit, and now they tell us we should be thankful to the Lord for being saved.

#9    Bluefinger

Bluefinger

I am a Christian, and I understand many don't like that. .

• 4,807 posts

• "You'll know them by their fruits."

Posted 13 February 2013 - 04:43 AM

View Postrashore, on 12 February 2013 - 11:05 PM, said:

I caught wind of the Pope Prophecy only somewhat recently. I do think it would be interesting if the next Pope was a Peter.
And not knowing a heck of a lot about the subject.. I've also seen Jerusalem suggested as the city of seven hills to be destroyed.

I dunno.  Revelation 17 gives some insight on how the city of seven hills would be destroyed.  A loose union of nations would form an entirely new nation.  Those nations would hate the city and burn her with fire.  Seeing that it was named the city on seven mountains, I'm more inclined to believe it is talking about Rome.

Rome is most similar to Babylon.  Babylon, if you remember, destroyed Jerusalem.  So did Rome.  It makes snese to me.

It is not enough to have a good mind.  The main thing is to use it well.     - Descartes

#10    ambelamba

ambelamba

• 3,329 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 06:28 AM

Blue, I don't think one world government will happen within the reign of the next pope. My bet is...an invasion.

#11    jjphere

jjphere

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 63 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 03:32 PM

I have heard of a recent prophecy of the destruction of the Vatican City, and I
think Rome. Is it not likely to be a nuclear device or a chemical or biological attack smuggled into
the area by the murderers?

Surely the Catholic church will continue throughout the world in a more decentralized
manner.

May God give mercy and protection to all Christian believers through this difficult time.

#12    dannyboy52

dannyboy52

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 106 posts

• You Can Fool Some People All Of The Time,And All Of The People Some Of The Time, But You Cant Fool All Of The People All Of The Time

Posted 13 February 2013 - 05:00 PM

Just keeping my eyes on the north koreans ...... you never know!

#13    Bluefinger

Bluefinger

I am a Christian, and I understand many don't like that. .

• 4,807 posts

• "You'll know them by their fruits."

Posted 13 February 2013 - 05:22 PM

View PostRon Jeremy, on 13 February 2013 - 06:28 AM, said:

Blue, I don't think one world government will happen within the reign of the next pope. My bet is...an invasion.

Well, I didn't exactly say a one world government.  Even when the Spanish Empire reache its zenith to be the empire on which the sun never sets, the Ottoman Empire flourished in the Middle East and Asia Minor.

It is not enough to have a good mind.  The main thing is to use it well.     - Descartes

#14    odas

odas

Poltergeist

• 2,747 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 07:40 PM

View PostEldorado, on 12 February 2013 - 11:28 PM, said:

Ahh... but this Peter will be the devil in disguise.  *does best Elvis lip*

Not human!   (probably)
Hey, leave Elvis out of this.:)

#15    Eldorado

Eldorado

Unforgiven

• 10,293 posts

• I reckon so.

Posted 13 February 2013 - 08:13 PM

View Postodas, on 13 February 2013 - 07:40 PM, said:

Hey, leave Elvis out of this. :)

Elvis all shook up = Evils.

Hmm?  (lol)

Edited by Eldorado, 13 February 2013 - 08:14 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users