Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Scientists Discover A Massive Exoplanet

exoplanet massive kappa

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1    jimbur

jimbur

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 44 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 07:07 PM

Scientists Discover An Exoplanet So Massive They're Not Even Sure It's A Planet

You know we’ve found something new and interesting when scientists don’t really know how to classify it.

Kappa And b could be a super-Jupiter, or it could be a brown dwarf--the exoplanet orbiting a nearby star is so big scientists aren't quite sure what to call it.

http://www.popsci.co...sure-its-planet

Jim

#2    freetoroam

freetoroam

Honourary member of the UM asylum

• 7,635 posts

• If you didn't see it with your own eyes, or hear it with your own ears, don't invent it with your small mind and share it with your big mouth!

Posted 23 November 2012 - 01:27 AM

yeah,fascinating stuff, but as of now we know there are numerous planets and other galaxies which hold who knows what?
i might sound complacent here, but any chance of giving us the news when they do find something completely new, like life, as apposed to gases.....again.
They do not know what this is yet, so i be darned if i do.

In an ideal World a law would be passed were NO guns were allowed and all those out there destroyed, trouble is the law makers are not going to take a risk of trying to pass that without making sure they are armed first.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users