Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Does Barack Obama really want to be prezz?

questionmark

Seeing our president hanging out at podiums in

and now Denver, his famous competitiveness nowhere to be seen, has left me with a question I wish I didn’t have: Does Barack Obama really want to be president?

His campaign team wants it, yes, and his party, and his wife. But if meeting donors and lawmakers is such a drag, and campaigning such a chore, maybe he’d rather be home in Chicago, spending time with his family and small circle of close friends. At work, only his students would press him for answers. And at parties, he could indulge his kindhearted inclination to seek out the oldest person in the room and settle in to hear his stories.

There are more introverts than you might think in his business, just as in mine, actually; both are chockablock with people who might never speak to anyone without a call list to get through or a notepad in hand.

Read more

I have honestly been wondering that for the last couple years. If you look at some of the remarks he made about congress and stuff like that he was clearly getting irritated. I mean would you want to go to work if no one wanted to work with you? Congress is so partisan right now nothing can get done. What is the point of trying to pass a bill if the Repubs just reject it?

• Like 3

Darnit, Hutton put my thoughts into better words then I could. He's probably just tired of the political fighting that gets nothing done in this country.

• Like 2

I said the same thing to my boyfriend the other day. We were discussing the debate and how poorly Obama performed. I made the comment that it didn't seem like he really cared whether he won or loss. He just looked so over it. Combine that with some of his other comments and I just think he's tired of it all. JMO.

Darnit, Hutton put my thoughts into better words then I could. He's probably just tired of the political fighting that gets nothing done in this country.

Sorry to take away your thunder lol. Here is a like for the thought ;)

• Like 1

Well, guess if I were in his shoes and had to deal with a Congress that has only one aim: make me look bad, no matter if the whole country goes to hell, I would continue only for one reason -- I am not a quitter.

• Like 1

I think that with the economy hanging in the balance from unlimited QE, Barack Obama would be wise to get the heck out of office before everyone pins that blame on him. Not only that, but the Iran deal too. I think we're at the era of 1 term presidents. If Romney wins, I bet he will only be in office for 4 years as well before people vote another democrat in. Sooner or later everyone will realize that the system is not working.

• Like 1

I don't think he's quitting, he is running for president again after all, it's more like he sees the writing on the wall: it's not gonna get easier.

• Like 2

I am more curious to see the second debate now. Will it be the same Obama we just saw or will someone splash some cold water in his face and tell him to wake up. And dare I say this...Do you think he just did not even have enough respect for Romney to even give him the time of day? Not to get an evolution debate started, but he looked how many biologists do when they are listening to young earth creationists...they are just so irritated and and unimpressed by the argument they just shake their heads. The rule scientists live by is not to do a live debate with a creationist. Unfortunately for Obama, we have presidential debates and he needs to get in there and get energized.

Does a sitting president have to run for a second term if he doesn't want the job anymore? Could he just opt out? That would be interesting to see.

I think that with the economy hanging in the balance from unlimited QE, Barack Obama would be wise to get the heck out of office before everyone pins that blame on him. Not only that, but the Iran deal too. I think we're at the era of 1 term presidents. If Romney wins, I bet he will only be in office for 4 years as well before people vote another democrat in. Sooner or later everyone will realize that the system is not working.

I kind of want Romney to win just so I can make jokes and complain about him for the next 4 years...regardless of who get's elected, I do not think it will make much of a difference as far as the economy and Iran goes...Things are not just going to suddenly shape up and sadly I see us going to war with Iran no matter what...

Does a sitting president have to run for a second term if he doesn't want the job anymore? Could he just opt out? That would be interesting to see.

Johnson was the last I've heard of to do it. The rest probably wouldn't dream of it. I hope Oby crashes and burns again, of course, but I really don't see it making any difference. This guy will hang on to that office if he has to kill to do it...figuratively speaking, of course.....

First off, an incumbent in any political office holds a huge advantage, so it would make sense to just go for it.

Second, not running would cripple the Dems because the Repubs would say "see, their policies do not work."

Johnson was the last I've heard of to do it. The rest probably wouldn't dream of it. I hope Oby crashes and burns again, of course, but I really don't see it making any difference. This guy will hang on to that office if he has to kill to do it...figuratively speaking, of course.....

That part made me chuckle...

We were discussing this on another "conspiracy site". A lot of people are wondering the same thing. Theories abound. The practical thoughts are as already said here...frustration with gridlock.

But some of the fun...and not so fun theories that he knows something bad is coming and those include:

An Israel - Iran war is inevitable and we WILL be sucked into it.

The Chinese are preparing to do something. They have started buying oil in their currency and not "petro dollars", this does no bode well.

He knows an economic collapse is going to happen very soon.

He knows of an upcoming terrorist strike but the details of when and where are unknown.

He knows of a upcoming natural disaster and science is not telling the public to keep absolute panic and chaos down. I.e. Incoming asteroid strike, build up of pressures in the breaking austro-indian plate= giant earthquake and tsunami, pop of a major volcano, etc.

Alien contact - The Gov has tried to keep them placated but they have decided they are going to make themselves known to the whole world now.

And my personal fav...He knows that on Dec 21st, 2012, according to the Popal Vuh, the 9 Mayan Gods are returning and all world leaders will soon be out of a job. Why put your heart into an election when you already know you will be the last POTUS?

I love conspiracies...the crazier the better!

There are tons more, from scary and plausible to outrageous and hilarious....weird to think about isn't it?

Edited by Jeremiah65
  • Like 2

We were discussing this on another "conspiracy site". A lot of people are wondering the same thing. Theories abound. The practical thoughts are as already said here...frustration with gridlock.

But some of the fun...and not so fun theories that he knows something bad is coming and those include:

An Israel - Iran war is inevitable and we WILL be sucked into it.

The Chinese are preparing to do something. They have started buying oil in their currency and not "petro dollars", this does no bode well.

He knows an economic collapse is going to happen very soon.

I will respond to the real threats ;)

I do think Iran and Israel will go to war, and we will be involved. It will be WWIII. I think it will happen in the next 3-4 years.

The Chinese won't do crap. We could be in debt 10 trillion to them, they can suck it. We would attack them before they attacked us. We spend twice as much money on our military and the next 5 countries COMBINED...think about that...

Yes, another economic collapse will happen in the next 10-20 years. I doubt it will be in the next term. It will be the student loan bubble.

I have to admit Romney was better rehearsed than Obama. I wish Romney didn't want to fire Big Bird. That was the end of his toddler support.

I have to wonder if Obama had something important on his mind during the debate, something we know nothing about. He often pauses during his speeches but he was worse that night for some reason.

post-86645-0-24695000-1349467841_thumb.j " I shall not seek, and I will not accept, the nomination of my party for another term as your President. "

As things stand.. if barrack or mittens have any sense,,, neither should want to be president !

I have to admit Romney was better rehearsed than Obama. I wish Romney didn't want to fire Big Bird. That was the end of his toddler support.

I have to wonder if Obama had something important on his mind during the debate, something we know nothing about. He often pauses during his speeches but he was worse that night for some reason.

I just think he got she'll shocked by the verbal onslaught from Mitt. Perhaps he'd have done better if he skipped shows like The View and did weekly interviews with the Becks, Limabughs and Hannitys. The fact is he has been coddled by a press who never really gets tough with him. Btw, I don't think any of the conservative talking heads would be as tough with him in person as they'd like to think but anybody would be a tougher than the lame stream media has been.

• Like 1

. He just looked so over it.

How one candidate or the other "looks" really? that's your criteria for voting? The other day I turned on the TV and Fox was bloviating about label pins. really? label pins? you can't make this stuff up..

How one candidate or the other "looks" really? that's your criteria for voting? The other day I turned on the TV and Fox was bloviating about label pins. really? label pins? you can't make this stuff up..

First thing, a big reason Obama was elected was based on "looks". Second, all the media is trivial. Don't act like the left wing media is innocent there. Just because I like certain pundits doesn't mean I give a crap about their trivial quips. I agree with certain ideologies but I'm not a sponge for all of their personality traits. Most of us can think for ourselves.

Edited by Is it for real

First thing, a big reason Obama was elected was based on "looks". Second, all the media is trivial.

First BS. He's ugly. Second, media is generally not trivial in today's society.

First BS. He's ugly. Second, media is generally not trivial in today's society.

The "messiah", ugly? Ninja, watch out for those lightning bolts.

Edited by Spid3rCyd3
  • Like 2