Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

More NASA UFO's?

Alisdair.MacDonald

Are these UFO's?  

51 members have voted

1. 1. Do these videos contain images of UFO's?

That's the best place to look for it, and i've found enough stuff of genuine interest --

not THE prize, perhaps, but many more-than-merely-consolation prizes, to keep looking.

Besides, stands to reason, one of the best opportunities to detect traces of another spacefaring civilization would be what we come across on our own spacefaring. Always be prepared to be astonished.

I suppose I am not unlike many believers of the ETH, in that I am always trying to read between the lines of statements made by persons with your level of exposure to spacetravel. I am always prepared to be astonished, but I never expected to hear you make the entire statement which I have highlighted in bold above.

Makes me think you may be alluding to recent statements from NASA regarding their upcoming announcement of exciting data from Curiosity.

Have to admit, I formulated an opinion of your stance on the possibilities of ET existance after watching and episode of (IIRC) Larry King? in which you were presented as somewhat of a bullheaded skeptic. That wasn't exact said but I recall drawing that conclusion myself. No offence intended, at the time I had no prior knowledge of your experience in the subject.

Interestingly, last night I was watching a video in which you appeared immediately after Story Musgrave made a statement regarding the likelihood of ET existance. Of course you will be familiar with it, but for the benefit of others, I am posting the link here. Actually, not the link, (as it is likely copyright material) but the title, which can be searched on Youtube.

You certainly sound more like an open-minded believer, who is simply seeking the elusive Exhibit A.

Since I typically describe myself in the same fashion, the past 24 hours has been an awakening of sorts for me since I have had eye opening experiences both within this thread and the TT thread, where I can see that unbounded enthusiasm for the ETH can lead directly to bias facts analysis and influenced interpretations of pareidolia.

View this video on Youtube at 6:05 and at 36:40.

Riddle of the Skies Episode 1 (Full)

• Like 1

There has been at least one case where NOT seeing a 'UFO' may have led to fatal consequences -- Columbia, in 2003. The broke-off piece of the wing leading edge SHOULD have been naked-eye and/or camera detectable as it drifted away, but nobody was looking.

Surely, the impact happened during the boost phase so the piece of RCC (Reinforced Carbon-Carbon) would have fallen quickly to Earth, not drifted.

Edited by validator

Surely, the impact happened during the boost phase so the piece of RCC (Reinforced Carbon-Carbon) would have fallen quickly to Earth, not drifted.

Nope. The impact stove in a dinner-plate-sized segment of wing leading edge, and it wedged into the cavity for the rest of the ascent.

After the disaster, USAF radar analysts went over all their raw radar tracks of the shuttle, and discovered that halfway through the second day, the segment worked its way loose and drifted slowly away. At that time the crew and cameras were all observing activation of the portable science module in the payload bay, and nobody was looking outside.

I wrote about this incident in my NBC story, 'Why NASA Watches for True UFOs', which I recommend.

On other missions, out-the-window views provided first indications of a fuel leak on the Apollo ferry craft for the Skylab-3 mission.

• Like 3

Nope. The impact stove in a dinner-plate-sized segment of wing leading edge, and it wedged into the cavity for the rest of the ascent.

After the disaster, USAF radar analysts went over all their raw radar tracks of the shuttle, and discovered that halfway through the second day, the segment worked its way loose and drifted slowly away. At that time the crew and cameras were all observing activation of the portable science module in the payload bay, and nobody was looking outside.

I wrote about this incident in my NBC story, 'Why NASA Watches for True UFOs', which I recommend.

On other missions, out-the-window views provided first indications of a fuel leak on the Apollo ferry craft for the Skylab-3 mission.

It was truly a heart wrenching disaster.

I recall with horror when watching a newcast of a portion of the debris recovery when a heat scorched astronaut helmet was shown laying on the ground where it was found. I'll never forget that image as it really drove into me the human loss involved. I know I'm not alone, Everyone that I know that saw it was left speechless.

NASA must spend staggering amounts of man-hours speculating and analyzing every possible scenario before, during, and after launches. No doubt it is a constant process.

I've heard it said many times that space exploration in a high-risk endeavor.

These astronauts were courageous heroes as are all the others before them who have both survived and lost their lives through their dedication to furthering humanity. And the 100's of thousands working for NASA and even private sector people doing things right down to working on an assembly line makeing nuts and bolts for the missions.

True heroes.

Every one of them.

• Like 3

As a little aside - that supposed ground-breaking NASA Curiosity announcement was just a reporter misreading/misinterpreting a poorly worded quote, and not checking the full context...

Herewith the story..

• Like 1

As a little aside - that supposed ground-breaking NASA Curiosity announcement was just a reporter misreading/misinterpreting a poorly worded quote, and not checking the full context...

Herewith the story..

Pay more attention to the presser tomorrow on the 'Messenger' probe at Mercury..

It might be the discovery of water ice at the planet's poles.

• Like 2

Pay more attention to the presser tomorrow on the 'Messenger' probe at Mercury..

Are you excited about that?

That would be impressive.

We would have to add *Mercury to the list of potentials for harboring life.

It's clearly demonstrated that bacteria can survive in incredibly adverse conditions here on Earth...why not Mercury.

Somewhere between the numbing cold on Mercury's poles and darkside and the hellish heat of it's dayside, there must be reasonably temperate zones fluctuating somewhere.

Edit to add: Mercury's rotation is very slow compared to it's orbital period.

Edited by synchronomy

Are you excited about that?

Very much so. It's not only a valuable resource for exploration -- being able to refuel at the other end of a long, tough crossing -- but also would likely be in layers showing solar activity variations going back hundreds of millions, if not billions of years. Since we live so close to a fierce fusion furnace it behooves us to understand her mood swings.

That would be impressive.

We would have to add *Mercuryto the list of potentials for harboring life.

It's clearly demonstrated that bacteria can survive in incredibly adverse conditions here on Earth...why not Mercury.

Somewhere between the numbing cold on Mercury's poles and darkside and the hellish heat of it's dayside, there must be reasonably temperate zones fluctuating somewhere.

Edit to add: Mercury's rotation is very slow compared to it's orbital period.

The degree to which LIQUID water could persist over LONG periods in such an environment remains dubious, but as a general rule, liquid water implies potential biology on at least a dozen other worlds in this Solar System, a revolution in exobiology thinking over the past twenty years.

Mercury's DAY is two YEARS long, there. Work it out. Bizarro mundo, for sure.

• Like 2

Mercury's DAY is two YEARS long, there. Work it out. Bizarro mundo, for sure.

That'd play hell with the calendars, that's for sure. :P:tu:

• Like 2

Wow! That is something! Water on Mercury of all places! I have the NASA app on the IPhone, but the Curioity feeds take up any spare moment I have had, I will have to watch this one. Tomorrow for the release?

Interesting discoveries in tectonics too. Volcanoes in Mercury's past.

For anyone who might enjoy a shortcut -LINK - Chose this link because of the amazing picture of Mercury. Now my wallpaper :D I just love these images.

• Like 1

NASA Trick To Remove Alien Evidence From Moon, Mars Revealed

Now you see it now you don't

For many years America's National Aeronautics and Space Administration has been suspected of a massive cover-up concerning the existence of Unidentified Flying Objects and interplanetary alien artifacts.

Whistleblower Ken Johnston asserts NASA knows astronauts discovered ancient alien cities and the remains of amazingly advanced machinery on the Moon.

http://beforeitsnews.com/space/2012/04/nasa-trick-to-remove-alien-evidence-from-moon-mars-revealed-2020066.html

Wow! That is something! Water on Mercury of all places! I have the NASA app on the IPhone, but the Curioity feeds take up any spare moment I have had, I will have to watch this one. Tomorrow for the release?

Interesting discoveries in tectonics too. Volcanoes in Mercury's past.

For anyone who might enjoy a shortcut -LINK - Chose this link because of the amazing picture of Mercury. Now my wallpaper :D I just love these images.

indeed yes.. http://uk.reuters.com/article/2012/11/29/us-space-mercury-idUKBRE8AS17F20121129

Seems like while everyone's attention has been distracted by Mars, they've been quietly getting up to some interesting things elsewhere ...

• Like 1

Whistleblower Ken Johnston asserts NASA knows astronauts discovered ancient alien cities and the remains of amazingly advanced machinery on the Moon.

What does Johnston say about astronaut UFO sightings, and why should anybody believe him?

ICE!!!!!

On friggin' MERCURY!!!!

Wonderful.....

I think it incredible that anyone even thought to look for water that close to the Sun, finding it is nothing short of amazing. It's another feather in NASA's cap.

NASA Trick To Remove Alien Evidence From Moon, Mars Revealed

Now you see it now you don't

For many years America's National Aeronautics and Space Administration has been suspected of a massive cover-up concerning the existence of Unidentified Flying Objects and interplanetary alien artifacts.

http://beforeitsnews...ed-2020066.html

I'm wondering why you are quoting anything from "beforeitsnews"??

That's just a tabloid style bulletin board where anyone can upload an article.

Did you post it as a joke?

indeed yes.. http://uk.reuters.co...E8AS17F20121129

Seems like while everyone's attention has been distracted by Mars, they've been quietly getting up to some interesting things elsewhere ...

Organic material! Nice link mate, thanks. Chandra Wickramasinghe is going to be very happy about this news.

MESSENGER Finds New Evidence for Water Ice at Mercury's Poles

New observations by the MESSENGER spacecraft provide compelling support for the long-held hypothesis that Mercury harbors abundant water ice and other frozen volatile materials in its permanently shadowed polar craters.

LINK

• Like 1

According to Hoagland, this is definitely a collapsed apartment block. He's really, really insane.

Hoagland is an embarrassment to the human race.

I have never understood how a person can say they have an interest in the subject, and then give people like this the time of day. That alone is a contradiction.

According to Hoagland, this is definitely a collapsed apartment block. He's really, really insane.

0113MR0696001000E1_DXXX.jpg

It is getting close to X-mass That looks like Slab Toffee !