Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Advise your Favorite Presidential Candidate

Raptor Witness

What could be more fun?

I'll start by saying that I'm not able to do much with the Democrats, because they've already picked Hillary.

My favorite candidate on the Republican side would be Marco Rubio.

I didn't watch his announcement, because I knew it would be filled with propaganda, and I didn't want to be disappointed.

However, I did see his interview with CNN's Jake Tapper today, and I was very pleased.

He smiled a lot, which is going to be his signature strong suit. I think he looks a lot better with a darker colored tie, than the light colored one he wore in this interview.

I don't think you want to overdo the boyish look. That could backfire on you later in the trenches. A little stronger tan would be helpful for this very same reason. The darker skin complexion will convey maturity, also. I wouldn't worry at all about any stereotypes related to Hispanic skin color. Go Hollywood all the way.

I would use the words "I care", a lot, without making it too obvious. The middle class won't believe the Republicans care about average people, with one exception. A youthful messenger can get away with that perceived "lie."

Focus on the " I care " because Hillary's greatest weakness will be the appearance of royalty.

I'll set up my bit coin account, later.

Edited by Raptor Witness
  • Like 1

I would tell Rand Paul to give up on abortion gay marriage. Actually, I would advise any republican of that because I honestly feel a majority of the youth vote cares too much about those two issues and will vote against anyone who is against gay marriage and pro-life.

• Like 1

What could be more fun?

I'll start by saying that I'm not able to do much with the Democrats, because they've already picked Hillary.

Bet she doesn't get the nomination. :whistle:

Who do you see as an alternative?

• Like 1

You'll have better luck saying that she's the woman, riding the back of a scarlet beast in the Book of Revelation.

Hillary Clinton:

Pick a female running mate, younger, prettier and smarter than you are

Instruct your forces to instigate the sexism/sexists wherever possible (women + gentlemen = victory).

Rand Paul:

Call your dad more often

Play old tapes of your father's speeches and think to yourself: "What the happened to me?"

How many more 180s is it going to take to run for President and win? I might be able to stomach a few more betrayals before you start to look like Benedict Arnold.

Marco Rubio:

Visit home. See for yourself how US trade can help families in Cuba like yours.

Jeb Bush:

Thanks to your family having such a wonderful family-to-family relationship with the Saudi royal family, such joy from all the rubbings, kisses and handholding, you should hang back in the pack and let the other people burn out early, and if/when one doesn't, then that will be who to focus your attack. You can summon mountains of oily bloody money at will. Unlike Tywin Lannister Saudi Royals really do $^+ gold.

• Like 1

Rand Paul: I actually though Yamato nailed it on talking to his Dad! He could learn a lot from his father!

Marco Rubio: Stop flip-flopping & Grow a beard to look a little older! :P

Jeb Bush: Drop your last name by claiming you're adopted. :P

Cruz: Stay the course and remain true to your compass.

Hillary: Clean out your closet via full disclosure.

Edited by KariW

Marco Rubio: Stop flip-flopping & Grow a beard to look a little older! :P

I can see him getting a lot of votes on cuteness alone. lol

• Like 1

Oh my ....this is a very good premis for a thread.

My advice is to appoint myself as supreme advisor to the president. Honestly I don't have the energy to type out how I would advise the next candidate. If it's just to get elected.... Then it's not so noble. Tell people what they think they want and if you are successful at your marketing to each group you will win.

For any candidate anywhere. Simply run on your own merit of what you will do for America.. Don't attack others running for the same office. That is the biggest turn-off for me. Leave the attackers alone and let them make fools of themselves.

• Like 4

If you like politics and haven't seen the television series put out by Netflix called "House of Cards," I highly recommend it.

It's a modern version of Game of Thrones.

I've always been a big Kevin Spacey fan, but the writing is way above par.

The only thing that it's lacking is supernatural activity.

Edited by Raptor Witness
  • Like 2

Thanks for the heads up Raptor! Also a big fan of Spacey. Looks like a role he would be perfect for. :)

I can see him getting a lot of votes on cuteness alone. lol

Michelle, I think you may be right! :)

Edited by KariW

For any candidate anywhere. Simply run on your own merit of what you will do for America.. Don't attack others running for the same office. That is the biggest turn-off for me. Leave the attackers alone and let them make fools of themselves.

That approach worked so well for McCain. It might win your, and a few other, votes but I think that many voters, who are choosing between "two evils" are more affected by attack ads than informative ads. Sad but true, IMO.

To all: If you are honest change what needs to be changed..... but I really don't expect to be that lucky!

Jeremy Clarkson. :tu:

To all: If you are honest change what needs to be changed..... but I really don't expect to be that lucky!

Yep... up here in Canada two dimes, a nickel and three quarters is still a 'loonie'!

• Like 1

For Marco Rubio's campaign,

I would treat Hillary as if she were the Queen Mother of England, in terms of criticism, because her greatest weakness is also her greatest strength.

I would place Hillary Clinton in the position of the Queen Mother of England, and imagine what I could get away with in terms of criticisms that would stick.

As I've have said before here, I don't like Hillary, but I respect her; so I may vote for her simply because of the respect factor, alone. Given this, how do you peel me away without disrespecting the Queen Mother?

Attacking her on the Benghazi debacle won't work, because most people in the real world don't care about that. For those that do care, ambassador Stevens was a real hero, leave it at that. In fact, if that issue comes up, I would repeatedly emphasize his hero status. Then, some of the blame might stick to her, but I would let the voter make that leap. Say nothing negative about Hillary, regarding Benghazi. She may have killed a hero, but you can never say that, or it looks like you're killing the hero.

Attacking her on the email issue also won't work, because most voters don't really care about sneaky politicians. They're all sneaky, and the Clintons happen to be the best of the best. She'll get credit for her sneakiness. If the issue comes up, I would immediately deflect to Lois Lerner's emails. Don't criticize the Queen Mother directly, criticize Lois Lerner, and then let the voter make the leap to Hillary, because everyone hates the IRS.

When it comes to chess, the Clinton's are always several moves ahead of everybody. Which is why picking a female running mate early, will be critical. Start looking for a princess.

Edited by Raptor Witness

When it comes to chess, the Clinton's are always several moves ahead of everybody. Which is why picking a female running mate early, will be critical. Start looking for a princess.

You stole my prediction, and now of course you'll play it like it's your own. Nicely done!

But let's go even further. Why not Michelle Obama for VP?

Act like Kevin Spacey, aka Frank Underwood, in HoC. Lie, cheat, kill, betray, backstab, blackmail and threaten and you'll become president without ever having a vote cast in your name. He did it flawlessly, hence initials FU. Thanks for pulling me in Raptor. I only wanted to second the kudos to the great show which is probably more realistic in some ways than we know and I'm also suprised it never gets brought up on these threads.

• Like 1

Marco Rubio on climate change and gay marriage. Face the Nation Interview yesterday ...

All in all I thought this was a good interview. Less boyish ... Great job!

I have no problem with the gay argument you've made, from a candidate's perspective. "Let the states decide" is an excellent out. Well done ...

Your climate change policy is going to backfire on you, big time, however. The reason ... California.

By the time elections are held, and it's another couple of dry summers in California, no one sane will WANT to believe climate change isn't somehow responsible.

This was Mitt Romney's mistake, and it came back to bite him, not once, but twice with well timed hurricanes Isaac and Sandy.

If the earth takes sides again, you're screwed, and I have it on good authority that she will. So whoever is advising you on climate change must be silenced or fired.

You will not beat the earth. She will destroy your campaign and drown Florida in the process, just to make you look bad.

Edited by Raptor Witness

I now welcome the hummingbirds in peril in Florida, to fly north to me. Cuba will also welcome you. The earth will prepare your provisions; for I have whispered in both of her ears, this call to arms.

Edited by Raptor Witness

I would tell Rand Paul to give up on abortion gay marriage. Actually, I would advise any republican of that because I honestly feel a majority of the youth vote cares too much about those two issues and will vote against anyone who is against gay marriage and pro-life.

Right, don't vote for anyone who has morals. :unsure2:

• Like 1

Right, don't vote for anyone who has morals. :unsure2:

Many "pro-life" people seem to love wars and electric chairs. So I can't be "pro-life" when I'm opposed to execution and also trying to save peoples' lives by preventing the next stupidazz war, because the only thing that misnomer means in political vocabulary is anti-abortion. Which I am also, but I'm not Holy See enough to presume that people who support abortion don't have morals. They do have morals, they just have self-serving ones. You're a male, so you're not treading on yourself here by prohibiting females.

I happen to believe that the superior moral is always to side -and even err- on the side of life, but I can't possibly know that for sure to be true. Even though I'm taking a much more comprehensive view of "life" than the garden variety Republicrat, (though solely focused on human life) there's plenty of life that tends to get crushed under our heels, when all the while we're patting ourselves on the back for being on the side of life on just one narrow issue. So the point is that no, Ogbin, you don't get to play the Holier than Thou card just for that. ;)

Many "pro-life" people seem to love wars and electric chairs.

That is easy a baby has yet to grow up and prove themselves an ******* yet.

• Like 1