Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Author sees thylacine twice

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#16    marcos anthony toledo

marcos anthony toledo

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 223 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 11:30 PM

What I find interesting is what Bailey said about the Thalacine sense of smell. That might be one of the reasons it's hard to get a picture of Sasquatch and Oreng Penk and other mystery primates they know our smell and aviod the camers we set up to photograph them.

#17    csspwns

csspwns

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 642 posts

• "Give a man a fish, and you'll feed him for a day; give him a religion, and he'll starve to death while praying for a fish."

Posted 22 April 2013 - 12:57 AM

View Postmarcos anthony toledo, on 21 April 2013 - 11:30 PM, said:

What I find interesting is what Bailey said about the Thalacine sense of smell. That might be one of the reasons it's hard to get a picture of Sasquatch and Oreng Penk and other mystery primates they know our smell and aviod the camers we set up to photograph them.
Or maybe the reason why we can't find the Sasquatch and Oreng Penk is because they aren't real :rolleyes:

"If god doesn't like the way I live, let him tell me, not you." "A believer is not a thinker and a thinker is not a believer." - Marian Noel Sherman, M.D.

"Philosophy is questions that may never be answered. Religion is answers that may never be questioned."

#18    Domina Lucis

Domina Lucis

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 491 posts

• "I'm not dead, so I'm obviously doing something right."

Posted 22 April 2013 - 01:29 AM

I actually think that modern creatures that went extinct recently could still have a few members still out there. I mean, you don't know for certain that every single one of them is gone. There is a slim chance a few of them could still be out there, somehow breeding or surviving.

Posted Image

Domina Lucis

#19    Sundew

Sundew

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,527 posts

• Sic Gorgiamus Allos Subjectos Nunc

Posted 22 April 2013 - 02:02 AM

Primates are visual animals and generally have a relatively poor sense of smell, certainly when compared to dogs or even cats. So IF sasquatch IS real and IS related to apes, it probably would not rely on smell. Plus if the reports of its supposed stench mean anything, it had better have a poor sense of smell!. Also, there are things hunters used to mask their scent, so perhaps camera traps could be so masked against animals that might hunt by scent.

#20    AliveInDeath7

AliveInDeath7

Enlightened Seeker

• 2,712 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 02:44 AM

View PostCoffey, on 21 April 2013 - 10:57 AM, said:

It's sad when you know what the US civil war was about, their lives were *lost* for nothing now.

What does the Civil War have to do with this? Do you even know what is was about, is the simple question.
I could contemplate and read facts on the regions you dwell but I wouldn't see further proof unless I've lived in and studied the regions and actual testimonies themselves.

I can admit that the U.S. government, mostly the "president" Is disgusting and ridiculous now, but that is the government and their less thoughtful people.. the people out for their own good. The quantity gets the say over the quality now.. So sad that no one has sense these days.
There are quite a few real Americans left, so with them I am proud to salute the flag.
No lives are meaningless.
Way off subject, anyhow.

I would like to say that I've been following Thylacine sightings and history for quite some years now. I believe that they still exist, but in small numbers that wisely keep away from people.

Edited by AliveInDeath7, 22 April 2013 - 02:48 AM.

#21    Zeta Reticulum

Zeta Reticulum

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 353 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 04:05 AM

View PostSundew, on 21 April 2013 - 09:40 PM, said:

a few people kept them as pets and their comments were that the Thylacine combined the best traits of both dogs and cats
Although they are related to neither of these. Closer to a kangaroo than a K9.

#22    stevemagegod

stevemagegod

Psychic Spy

• 1,167 posts

• "That's one small step for man, one giant leap for mankind"-Neil Armstrong

Posted 22 April 2013 - 05:45 AM

Im getting page not found :cry:

#23    chopmo

chopmo

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 340 posts

• aaaah rabble rabble rabble rabble

Posted 22 April 2013 - 07:48 AM

I heard reports from old timers and others I have met in my time alive, I have heard of several different people with a Qld Tiger story (3 know of stories) even so my town has reports of wild panthers (3 personal accounts, 5 know of stories) that escaped years ago from a traveling circus.

Personally I think the thylacine's are still out there, we have too much land to be 100% certain about that. Especially if the cassowary's survived being rail gunned! (seriously... for bounties) to near extinct, thylacines should be able to bounce back the same. Keep in mind a cassowary is still critically endangered and sightings aren't as common as people think.

I wonder what would happen if they tried to breed with dingos, both are technically dogs (never understood the tiger reference except for maybe an ancient asain tribute considering the geographical location of the country) but one is a marsupial

#24    chopmo

chopmo

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 340 posts

• aaaah rabble rabble rabble rabble

Posted 22 April 2013 - 07:49 AM

View PostWatchingTheStars, on 22 April 2013 - 01:29 AM, said:

I actually think that modern creatures that went extinct recently could still have a few members still out there. I mean, you don't know for certain that every single one of them is gone. There is a slim chance a few of them could still be out there, somehow breeding or surviving.

Like the Javan Rhino?

why is everyone so &^%$ing concerned with "the end"...
new beginnings is what you should be concerned about...

#25    Coffey

Coffey

Majestic 12 Operative

• 5,671 posts

• "Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." - Winston Churchill

Posted 22 April 2013 - 07:58 AM

View PostAliveInDeath7, on 22 April 2013 - 02:44 AM, said:

What does the Civil War have to do with this? Do you even know what is was about, is the simple question.
I could contemplate and read facts on the regions you dwell but I wouldn't see further proof unless I've lived in and studied the regions and actual testimonies themselves.

I can admit that the U.S. government, mostly the "president" Is disgusting and ridiculous now, but that is the government and their less thoughtful people.. the people out for their own good. The quantity gets the say over the quality now.. So sad that no one has sense these days.
There are quite a few real Americans left, so with them I am proud to salute the flag.
No lives are meaningless.
Way off subject, anyhow.

I would like to say that I've been following Thylacine sightings and history for quite some years now. I believe that they still exist, but in small numbers that wisely keep away from people.

MasterFlint mentioned how the UK was so oppressed and the US is becoming the same.

The civil war was about American patriots fighting the British oppression and the Banking system.

The US now has the exact same banking system that the patriots fought against and the goverment is becoming more oppressive.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.

#26    Razer

Razer

Psychic Spy

• 1,361 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 08:16 AM

View PostCoffey, on 22 April 2013 - 07:58 AM, said:

MasterFlint mentioned how the UK was so oppressed and the US is becoming the same.

The civil war was about American patriots fighting the British oppression and the Banking system.

The US now has the exact same banking system that the patriots fought against and the goverment is becoming more oppressive.

I think you mean the Revolutionary War not the Civil War.

Edited by Razer, 22 April 2013 - 08:17 AM.

#27    MasterFlint

MasterFlint

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 72 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 09:18 AM

View PostCoffey, on 22 April 2013 - 07:58 AM, said:

What he said! lol.  

And technically only the fact that the u.s. won made it a revolutionary war, the American "civil war" wasn't a civil war either, it was two independent and sovereign countries going to war with each other, both had an established govt., laws, and monetary system.  The so called "civil war" truly was the war of Northern Aggression...

#28    Myles

Myles

Government Agent

• 4,042 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 11:52 AM

I think it is very unlikely that the thylacine is still around.  Too many years have passed.

But it is possible.

#29    Coffey

Coffey

Majestic 12 Operative

• 5,671 posts

• "Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." - Winston Churchill

Posted 22 April 2013 - 01:37 PM

View PostRazer, on 22 April 2013 - 08:16 AM, said:

I think you mean the Revolutionary War not the Civil War.

My bad, yes you are correct.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.

#30    Midyin

Midyin

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 324 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 01:52 PM

What if we try a hunters trick? we could smear deer-pee on the game cameras, so they smell like an animal rather than people...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users