Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

I think I saw Aliens

Matt_Horner

So around a year ago, ( I know it's late but I never really thought to come to the internet) I saw some very scary orange figures outside my window across the alley at about 2 A.M, my younger brother saw them too, and I tweeted about it, so I know it wasn't a dream or personal hallucination. I live in a very small, rural Wisconsin village, and as far as I can tell there is NO good explanation for it. I went to tweet about it, and after I came back and looked out the window they had moved about 10 feet to the side. There were 2 of them and they were about 6 feet tall and orange, with a somewhat defined head but no other very defining features, I went and laid down and when I came back about 2 minutes later they were gone, at the time I was extremely terrified and never thought to take a picture. I know that was really stupid but I was in shock. I'm just trying to see if anyone has similar experiences or has any explanation for these figures. I don't believe in ghosts or any other paranormal things, which is why I think they could be aliens.

• Like 2

6 foot tall ETs are pretty big. Were they clothed? Was only their skin orange? Could they have been dressed up for some event? Could lighting of some sort have made them look orange? Lots of possible explanations other than ET.

• Like 1

Like I said, very small town, and the Hazmat suit does look quite a like as the shape goes, but that doesn't explain the sort of glow they had, and I would certainly hear about any hazmat situations, so if they were haz suits they were still strange to me, not what our towns fire department hm suits look like. There weren't really any defining facial features, which is why the Haz suit facing away from me makes some sense I suppose. Idk, obviously I'm new to the ET stuff.

Even if the Hazzmat suit explanation seems to fit there's still the mystery of who and why they were in your town.

• Like 1

Exactly, as I said I'm not sure it was ET but it's what makes sense to me. Also as I said it's a very small village, of 700 people, so people know what's going on around here. I haven't asked my neighbors about it but I guess I should.

Cosplay party aftermath..?

Lucid dream..?

Frankly, the story seems odd - why were you terrified if they were just there? And you then went to a bed or sofa, laid down, and then got back up two minutes later to look out the window again? What did your younger brother do - you mentioned him seeing them (was he with you?), but then he doesn't come into it in any other way. And where are the tweets? My understanding is that all tweets are archived and can be retrieved...

Was this perhaps after a long and intense Starcraft session, Matt? :D

I'm leaning extremely heavily to dream, not necessarily even lucid... And yes, asking the neighbours sounds like an incredibly sensible suggestion, except for the small fact that you should probably have done that, oh.... about a year ago...

• Like 5

My first thought would not be aliens. I would take a more scientific approach - perhaps orange ball lightning. You can do a google search on "orange ball lightning" and find a multitude of images that may fit your description. Worth taking a look. :tu:

Like I said, very small town, and the Hazmat suit does look quite a like as the shape goes, but that doesn't explain the sort of glow they had, and I would certainly hear about any hazmat situations, so if they were haz suits they were still strange to me, not what our towns fire department hm suits look like. There weren't really any defining facial features, which is why the Haz suit facing away from me makes some sense I suppose. Idk, obviously I'm new to the ET stuff.

As I understood they were on public property. They might have been spraying insecticides against ticks, for example. Just one of the possibilities. And if it was very strange/scary, why didn't you call police? Heck, what if they were escaped convicts...
  • Like 2

.... And if it was very strange/scary, why didn't you call police? Heck, what if they were escaped convicts...

Oh my goodness, that's certainly one possibility as convicts often wear orange jump suits.

Well Matt - it certainly is an interesting story. Could you tell the colour of their suits because of the street ligting -

since it was 2am - or was there a bright full moon out ?

It certainly would have given me the heebies too - but the thing that I can't understand.

Is why would you go and lay down ? - as that is the last thing that I would consider doing.

I would not have taken my eye's off them.... as two tall guys - loitering around - at

2am in the morning - wearing orange suits - would be a good enough reason to call the police -

or in your case - the local sheriff ?

• Like 1

My first thought would not be aliens. I would take a more scientific approach - perhaps orange ball lightning. You can do a google search on "orange ball lightning" and find a multitude of images that may fit your description. Worth taking a look. :tu:

Yes - but he said they had defined heads :unsure2:

Meaning the ball lightning of course..

Edited by Astra-
  • Like 1

It sounds like a lucid dream to me, I get them all the time (not involving aliens, usually mundane situations) :tu:

• Like 1

Fantalienz. Without doubt.

• Like 2

resized_ancient-aliens-invisible-something-meme-generator-i-m-not-saying-it-was-aliens-but-it-was-aliens-1824f9.jpg
  • Like 3

Exactly, as I said I'm not sure it was ET but it's what makes sense to me.

Why does that explanation make sense to you?

• Like 2

So around a year ago, ( I know it's late but I never really thought to come to the internet) I saw some very scary orange figures outside my window across the alley at about 2 A.M, my younger brother saw them too, and I tweeted about it, so I know it wasn't a dream or personal hallucination. I live in a very small, rural Wisconsin village, and as far as I can tell there is NO good explanation for it. I went to tweet about it, and after I came back and looked out the window they had moved about 10 feet to the side. There were 2 of them and they were about 6 feet tall and orange, with a somewhat defined head but no other very defining features, I went and laid down and when I came back about 2 minutes later they were gone, at the time I was extremely terrified and never thought to take a picture. I know that was really stupid but I was in shock. I'm just trying to see if anyone has similar experiences or has any explanation for these figures. I don't believe in ghosts or any other paranormal things, which is why I think they could be aliens.

Hey there! :st Thank you for sharing your story. Now, I have various feelings on it. I do agree with a lot here, and I wonder if it's a dream of some sort. I'm just speculating on this and basing it on something a brother of mine told me. Of course we were kids at the time, but he told me of a really disturbing 'experience' of his when in the middle of the night, he looked out the window, ( of course his explaining to me he just woke up) and when he looked out the window, he saw apes all climbing and swinging in the trees. ( we did grow up in the woods somewhat) and that this disturbed him. I think he said he went back to sleep again. I figure, there is a good chance it was probably a dream. I have had really wacky dream states myself. I think there was no way a group of apes are swinging on the trees in suburbia.

Now, here's the kicker here. I have had a few experiences, and I was definitely awake for these, that were UFO in thinking. ( Remember folks, I'm not saying I saw flying saucers, I'm saying I saw UFO's which are Unidentified Flying Objects, and they have yet to be identified properly and proofly to me yet.(( Yes, I made up the word proofly, if Stephen Colbert can do it, so can I. :P )))))))))))))

Anyways, one of them had me looking out the window at around one in the morning, after a neighborhood wide power outage and I ended sleeping on the couch. What I saw was what I thought was the moon, for it was big, it glowed, and it was hovering half in half out of the tree tops. But the thing was it was moving to fast to be the moon, and yes, it was orange. I have found in my readings and talking to others, a lot of UFO's and such have the orange color to them. I even told this story to my brother, (the same one with the ape experience) and he brushed me off, until years later he came to me to tell him that story again and where I saw it. ( I found out, he had an UFO experience himself, different to mine, but it made him a believer) Anyways, you describing the orange color got me a bit excited here.

I also wonder, if there was something, (if these were guys in hazmat suits) doing something in the middle of the night that government didn't want to let the media know. Maybe some form of spill that would drive the town nuts or something. ( ok, that sounded conspiracy theroist of me (( yup, made up another word, I'm on a roll!!! :w00t: ) )))

So, this is just my 2 cents worth post, and I like reading what you and others of posted. :):D

• Like 1

they moved 10ft to the side....in an alley..???....that's one hell of a wide alley!

it wasnt stupid not taking a pic, shock must have been great, at least you manage to pull yourself together and tweet about it :no: far better proof than a photo would ever be...oh and glad you had a 2 minute lie down.....bet you felt better for it.

as for ''I don't believe in ghosts or any other paranormal things, which is why I think they could be aliens''perfectly logical conclusion......If you have just made some silly mistakes typing and really did see two people in orange then apologies for any sarcasm....best explanation for me would be two guys loitering in an alley with hoods on

• Like 2

I was thinking of this. UR29131.jpg

• Like 2

Exactly, as I said I'm not sure it was ET but it's what makes sense to me.

????? Why would that make sense to you instead of any other obvious and mundane reason?

Also as I said it's a very small village, of 700 people, so people know what's going on around here. I haven't asked my neighbors about it but I guess I should.

Yeah, probably should have led with that.

• Like 2

Speaking about lucid dreams, I remember having suffered from the so-called sleep paralysis. I was in a state between sleeping and waking, and then suddenly I felt my body completely paralyzed, and I was desperately trying to make moves, without success.

The most bizarre part came later, when I felt like something came to rest on my bed. At that point I began to hear voices whispering things in my ear, but I can't remember what they were saying. It was weird, it was like when you're listening to people talk while you're underwater in a swimming pool.

Later, the paralysis ended. Totally scared, the first thing I did was get up quickly from my bed to turn on the lights and TV XD

I've also had two nightmares in which aliens invade Earth, but these were normal dreams :P

Edited by Anomalocaris
  • Like 2

Yes - but he said they had defined heads :unsure2:

Meaning the ball lightning of course..

Oh my bad. Thankyou for correcting me Astra- as I missed the "defined" bit. Yes, that certainly dismisses "ball" lightning. In that case, this is rather creepy! Such a small village and in an alley....

Perhaps the OP could ask if others in the village saw anything around that time (as I think might have been mentioned)?

• Like 1

I'm leaning extremely heavily to dream, not necessarily even lucid...

This is another plausible possibility. :tu:

I was thinking of this. UR29131.jpg

Is it just me or does that guy look like he's modeling that outfit? :P

• Like 2