- Divers have found traces of ancient land swallowed by waves 8500 years ago
- Doggerland once stretched from Scotland to Denmark
- Rivers seen underwater by seismic scans
- Britain was not an island - and area under North Sea was roamed by mammoths and other giant animals
- Described as the 'real heartland' of Europe
- Had population of tens of thousands - but devastated by sea level rises
A visualisation of how life in the now-submerged areas of Dogger Bank might have looked
A Greater Britain: How the North Sea grew and the land-mass shrunk
I think underwater archeology is absolutely fascinating.
Anyway, I believe there was a Discovery Channel program that talked about this not that long ago.
Edited by Kowalski, 11 May 2013 - 01:16 PM.