Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

Australian killed in Nairobi mall

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1    Black Red Devil

Black Red Devil

Mean as Hell

• 2,491 posts

• I would if I could
    But I can't, so I won't

Posted 24 September 2013 - 05:40 AM

• At least 68 dead
  • Final assault to free hostages
An Australian citizen is dead and two others have told of lucky escapes after a Kenyan shopping mall bloodbath at the hands of heavily armed Islamist terrorists.

He heard the guns firing and he knew exactly what it was and he said, ‘We’re under attack, everybody to the back of the room'.

The Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade has confirmed a dual Australian-UK national is among the victims of the attack on an up-market Nairobi shopping mall.

The assault by Kenyan forces began shortly before sundown, about 30 hours after 10 to 15 al-Shabab militants stormed the crowded shopping mall. The terrorists threw grenades and fired on civilians, killing at least 68 and wounding 205 in one of the most chilling terrorist attacks in East Africa since al-Qaeda blew up two US embassies in 1998.
Parents hurled their bodies over their children, people jumped into ventilation shafts to save themselves and shoppers huddled behind plastic mannequins as two squads of gunmen, believed to be linked to a Somalian terrorist group, moved through the mall, shooting shoppers in the head.

Link

Crazy world!! :no:

We are each our own devil, and we make this world our hell

- Oscar Wilde

#2    Donnie Darko

Donnie Darko

Who's to say what is proper?

• 3,000 posts

• "Is this your last best chance? Or are you going to your grave with unlived lives in your veins?"

Posted 24 September 2013 - 06:11 AM

God help them. This is horrible. These terrorist are sick and should be put in an island to rot! Bless their souls.

#3    Yes_Man

Yes_Man

hi

• 8,420 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 07:39 AM

revised to 62 dead

#4    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 14,546 posts

• Because what came before never seems enough...

Posted 24 September 2013 - 08:39 AM

I've been hearing stories of how they initially let Muslims go free.  They only wanted to kill infidels - people of the book...  I guess these 62 didn't pay the jizyah or repent.

We've cast the world, we've set the stage,
  for what could be, the darkest age...
“This is like playing poker with a guy who cheated you twice before. You know who does that, a moron.

#5    CRYSiiSx2

CRYSiiSx2

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 708 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 12:09 PM

Hmm... wonder if Obama was the ones who sold the guns to them.

I am always sorry to hear news like this but what if... as many Australians carried concealed weapons as we do in America?  This could have been avoided.

Posted Image
NRA - PROTECT THE 2ND AMENDMENT
my twitter @sktm06

#6    FLOMBIE

FLOMBIE

sapere aude

• 2,890 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 12:23 PM

Probably, because everyone knows that Obama himself is selling weapons to all terrorists in the whole wide world.

This happened in Kenya, not Australia. Have you been following the news? We are talking about up to 10 attackers. And not even trained law enforcement officers and the military could stop them. But you think that civilians with handguns could stop them? And that all this could have been prevented with lax gun laws? I see that as disrespectful, as in "it's your own fault, guys".

Edit: Nevermind. It's not much worth discussing this anyway. Woulda coulda shoulda. I feel sorry for the dead and their families and friends.

Edited by FLOMBIE, 24 September 2013 - 12:26 PM.

#7    Timmeh

Timmeh

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 64 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 12:29 PM

View PostCRYSiiSx2, on 24 September 2013 - 12:09 PM, said:

I am always sorry to hear news like this but what if... as many Australians carried concealed weapons as we do in America?  This could have been avoided.

This would have to be one of the dumbest things I have read. How on earth is Australians carrying concealed weapons going to prevent a massacre  in another country, this happened in Kenyan not Australia.

#8    Arbenol

Arbenol

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,960 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 12:33 PM

View PostCRYSiiSx2, on 24 September 2013 - 12:09 PM, said:

This happened in Kenya, not Australia.

And the fact that most mass shootings in America occur without return fire from the victims doesn't lend your theory much weight.

#9    libstaK

libstaK

Nosce Te Ipsum

• 7,055 posts

• Hello Reality and all that is True
    When Oxymoron was defined it was just for you

Posted 24 September 2013 - 02:22 PM

The siege is still happening now, the current toll is 68 dead - this is just horrible.  BTW, 3 are Kenyan military, ARMED Kenyan military who have been shooting it out with these terrorists to free hostages and to end this thing.  

I cannot comprehend the mindset of these people, simply horrible and sad :cry:

"I warn you, whoever you are, oh you who wish to probe the arcanes of nature, if you do not find within yourself that which you seek, neither shall you find it outside.
If you ignore the excellencies of your own house, how do you intend to find other excellencies?
In you is hidden the treasure of treasures, Oh man, know thyself and you shall know the Universe and the Gods."

Inscription - Temple of Delphi

#10    Jeffertonturner

Jeffertonturner

Hero Squad

• 1,093 posts

• I may not be the smartest, or the best looking, or the most successful but...what was I saying? I'm depressed.

Posted 24 September 2013 - 02:47 PM

View PostTimmeh, on 24 September 2013 - 12:29 PM, said:

This would have to be one of the dumbest things I have read. How on earth is Australians carrying concealed weapons going to prevent a massacre  in another country, this happened in Kenyan not Australia.
Right wing gun pushers don't have much brain activity, be patient with them.

~Life goes by pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while -and do whatever you want all the time -you can miss it.~

#11    The Silver Thong

The Silver Thong

Forum Divinity

• 30,291 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 03:10 PM

2 Canadians killed as well and there is talk that one of the terrorists may be Canadian and possibly 2 Americans in the mix. Unconfirmed of course.

Sittin back drinkin beer watchin the world take it's course.

The only thing god can't do is prove he exists ?

#12    Black Red Devil

Black Red Devil

Mean as Hell

• 2,491 posts

• I would if I could
    But I can't, so I won't

Posted 24 September 2013 - 07:07 PM

One of the stories coming from witnesses was that the killers were asking people to name the Prophet Mohammed's mothers name or die.  Considering most Kenyans are Christians, many were executed because they didn't know the answer.

We are each our own devil, and we make this world our hell

- Oscar Wilde

#13    Professor Buzzkill

Professor Buzzkill

Integrity is all we have

• 2,695 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 07:13 PM

i heard the terrorists had a Brit and 3 Americans amoung their number.

#14    Gromdor

Gromdor

Psychic Spy

• 1,496 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 10:29 PM

They are verifying this information at the moment but say it is highly likely because Al-Shabaab did actively recruit in the U.S.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users