Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Class A EVP

thefcc

long story short:

newbie here. been very much into paranormal since I lost my mother.

I often record using my iPhone with staggering results. this one attached is the clearest I have ever recorded.

Visiting my parents grave on Easter, carrying my 16 month old...

please let me know your thoughts

I assure you, these are 100% genuine. first one is raw/unedited. second one is eq'd with some NR.

this has made me quite emotional to listen to.

thanks

Easter raw no edit.mp3

• Like 3

I believe it. I've recorded a few myself, always whispers. I also wanted to confirm to you from at least one person; I did hear it also. Many supposed EVP's are so clearly misinterpreted background noise that I feel bad for the person who uploads them thinking they are genuine. But then there are those that I can agree with the uploader that something odd just happened.. This is one of those, and you did best in not attempting to tell us what it says or anything. Just play it.

Edited by _Only
  • Like 1

I heard it. I saw a ghost so I'm not a skeptic.

I definitely heard it.

I'm sorry to hear of your lose, but the paranormal will not bring you closer to your mother. Stay away from it. God Bless ...

I was just wondering what the OP's first name is, if you don't mind me asking.

I was thinking Bradley as well. Or Randy. It's intriguing.

Thanks for the replies.

My friend also thought it was my name being said. For me, I am hearing clearly the words " baby talk"

Also, interesting for those who mentioned a name: my name is Francis (Fran)

I'm sorry to hear of your lose, but the paranormal will not bring you closer to your mother. Stay away from it. God Bless ...

I am interested in hearing more about this response, OrdinaryClay. Did you have negative experiences with the "paranormal?" Did paranormal activity affect your faith or religion? What has changed for you that it sounds like you fear it? I am sincerely curious.

Good on you for not posting what we were supposed to hear.

• Like 2

I hear it too, to me it sounds like it may be your name but im not quite sure

• Like 1

I'm sorry, but I can't hear anything substantial at all.

When in the clip does the supposed whisper happen?

If it's the low whisper heard just before the baby makes a noise, then when amplified it sounds like "give vaguely" or "get fakey" or something similar. Definitely doesn't sound like a name like Randy or Bradley to me, but I may be emphasizing the wrong part of the audio as I can't hear anything clear at all in it.

What exactly is everyone else hearing that I can't?

I can hear something. not going to post what I heard. Best to keep quiet about it for awhile.

By the way, Welcome to the forum thefcc :)

I'm sorry, but I can't hear anything substantial at all.

When in the clip does the supposed whisper happen?

If it's the low whisper heard just before the baby makes a noise, then when amplified it sounds like "give vaguely" or "get fakey" or something similar. Definitely doesn't sound like a name like Randy or Bradley to me, but I may be emphasizing the wrong part of the audio as I can't hear anything clear at all in it.

thats the spot, Archimedes. its a pretty clear whisper as many agree. my son does seem to vocally 'step on it' so more might be underneath his voice. Since I do audio for a living, I am going to try and use some tools to unearth that, but there is definitely a fairly clearly heard whisper at that moment.

thanks Dark Entity :)

A whisper; the same thing that you heard. We can only guess at the translation of what is said, as it is a quiet whisper. But the substantial part was that there was a whisper; not what it may or may not have said. For the record, I thought the name said was "Greg-g", but that was just a guess.

Some heard it. Some saw it. Some felt it. Some have seen a ghost before and don't need to comment further. Some heard the name 'Bradley'. Some heard the name 'Randy'. Most have heard something but haven't or won't say what they've heard.

Welcome to the Ghost Hunters forum...

well, considering there has been a nice convo regarding this, I will post up another recording from the same location I did over a year ago. another compelling piece that I would like to share. stay tuned, and thanks

What you're saying is that because different people hear different things, we're not hearing anything at all?
No. What I'm saying if that if this is indeed an examples of a "Class A" EVP and one of the finest examples of an EVP from a person who says he has recorded numerous high quality EVPs and this is the best, then I weep for the EVP community if this is the best they can come up with.

It's a blurry indistinct mess of a sound sample. I can make out exactly NOTHING that resembles words or language. Yet it is being touted as a particularly high quality example of EVP. The OP poster has claimed that he has many recordings with "staggering results" and that this is the "the clearest" he has ever recorded. I think I am well within my right to question why I should be impressed with the sound sample provided especially as it seems to contain nothing (to me at least) other that a fuzzy mess where it's claimed to contain "staggering results" of EVP recordings.

Do enlighten me. I guess, you've never misheard anything your entire life.
I mishear things all the time. I am notorious for mishearing and misinterpreting things amongst people I know.
The reason people didn't want to say is to not put ideas in anybody elses minds.
And that is a perfectly rational reason for people to not blurt out what they've heard. I have no issues with this.
It's very easy for different people to hear different things from a whisper.
Yes, because whispers are by nature blurred and indistinct (just like photos in poor light in dark places), therefore people hear things that don't exist in them, just like people see ghosts, faces, etc. in low light, low-quality, noisy photos that are the photographic equivalent of low qualty MP3s recorded in situations where ambient noise and random noise interferes with the actual sound recorded by the mic.

So, what is the actual message recorded in the OP's MP3s? Can anyone agree on anything other than the fact that a blurry whisper was recorded?

Edited by Archimedes
  • Like 2

So, what is the actual message recorded in the OP's MP3s? Can anyone agree on anything other than the fact that a blurry whisper was recorded?

You seem to agree it is a whisper, after first saying you can't hear where a whisper is, and then wondering if it was the whisper you heard. Then you complain that we don't know what it's saying exactly. Doesn't the fact that something whispered by someone/something that wasn't in the immediate area criteria enough to make this a high class EVP, as opposed to the usual static spike or random ambient noise? Or are you under the assumption that that isn't a fact, and the OP is lying? Or does that not matter whether it is a whisper or not; just if we can understand exactly what's said or not?

I just find it kind of odd that you're here debating what constitutes a "class A" recording, as opposed to wondering how and why a whisper was heard on the recording when this person was alone with their daughter.

Take another example (EVP at 0:28+ in this video):

[media=]

[/media]

A whisper with seemingly multiple words/syllables. I doubt anyone here could accurately tell what is being said, even a bit. But we will all make our choices naturally. That aside, does being able to tell what words are said make it "class A", or is being able to tell words and multiple syllables were said at all make it "class A"? I think the latter is more important than the former. It shows intelligence and a presence; the former shows what that intelligence is trying to put forward.

Edited by _Only

I don't understand why everyone always assumes that skeptics (and I hate the term) always believe that OP's are lying just because we don't hear what they hear or see what they do or see what they see or offer a rational explanation.

I don't automatically assume someone is lying, I just have a difference of opinion. I dunno unless someone just outright says 'the OP is a liar' I don't think saying, 'I don't hear anything' means they think they are lying.

• Like 1

I don't understand why everyone always assumes that skeptics (and I hate the term) always believe that OP's are lying just because we don't hear what they hear or see what they do or see what they see or offer a rational explanation.

I don't automatically assume someone is lying, I just have a difference of opinion. I dunno unless someone just outright says 'the OP is a liar' I don't think saying, 'I don't hear anything' means they think they are lying.

No one assumed anything. I was asking his opinion of the whisper, in case my word 'fact' be incorrect in his eyes. People tend to hate that word being thrown around lightly.

I did hear a whisper but I have no idea what it might say. The thing is that all too often we "interpret" these things as they are relevent to ourselves.

That is my problem with most of the "ghost hunting" shows on television. The EVP's they get are almost alway relevent to their investigaion.

Fran hears "Fran" because it is her name. What if, and I am just throwing this out, what if the whisper is from a spirit completely unrelated to her. The spirit could be a young boy asking for candy.... or an old man saying he has to use the can. I dont know.

I dont think that everything we get on an EVP is for US.

Just a thought.

I did hear a whisper but I have no idea what it might say. The thing is that all too often we "interpret" these things as they are relevent to ourselves.

That is my problem with most of the "ghost hunting" shows on television. The EVP's they get are almost alway relevent to their investigaion.

Fran hears "Fran" because it is her name. What if, and I am just throwing this out, what if the whisper is from a spirit completely unrelated to her. The spirit could be a young boy asking for candy.... or an old man saying he has to use the can. I dont know.

I dont think that everything we get on an EVP is for US.

Just a thought.

We do do that a lot naturally; fulfilling what we expect to hear in our mind.

But I think another version of that idea is more random, but along the same track. We will hear a certain word the first time (like I heard Greg-g), even if not expecting or wanting to hear that certain word, but then that's all we will hear from then on without conscious effort, because we are expecting to hear that word now. So it probably builds in clarity to you in your mind the more you hear it. At a certain point, this will become so strong that you can't honestly understand why no one else hears "Greg-g".