Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

(Let It Go)- Amaaazing Male Cover! :o

Minds_Eye

I'm likely one of a few who have yet to see the Disney animated film, "Frozen" (because I assumed it was just going to be another typical, 'girly-princess' movie)... until I heard the theme song sung surprisingly well by a male vocalist. For me personally, the notes this guy can hit with his voice as well as his emotional power blows the original female version away by miles!

• Like 1

Frozen is a fine example of Disney's latest (last 20 years or so) "message" which is "to empower girls/women"... While this is commendable (I'm still not sure

what the word "empower" means) it appears to me, at least, that they are doing it at the expense of young boys... Every male is portrayed as either the villan,

a bumbling (usually smelly) non-entity, a 'wasted person' until a female 'straightens him out'.. or - at best - irrelevant to the story...

I do wish they would put at least a couple kids movies out there showing a good and decent role model for boys....

Edited by Taun
  • Like 1

I semi like this. I like the original version and this guy isn't horrible, but it's pretty rough in places, but for what he seems to have to work with, I think he does it justice.

• Like 1

I'm likely one of a few who have yet to see the Disney animated film, "Frozen" (because I assumed it was just going to be another typical, 'girly-princess' movie)... until I heard the theme song sung surprisingly well by a male vocalist. For me personally, the notes this guy can hit with his voice as well as his emotional power blows the original female version away by miles!

So anything girly and feminine is useless because you think men do things better?

My daughter's seen "Frozen" twice now, and I've only read the Disney book. I understand what the story is about and who the characters are. Although absolutely nothing like the "Snow Queen" fairytale it's based on, still a magical film.

Also Taun (yawn) complaining that the males are villains. Oh please. Kristoff and Prince Hans are not bad, y'know. :passifier:

So what. Women often made wicked too, like the queen in "Snow White", Ursula in "Little Mermaid" and Cruella D'vill are so wicked.

I semi like this. I like the original version and this guy isn't horrible, but it's pretty rough in places, but for what he seems to have to work with, I think he does it justice.

Yeah, there are certain songs that seem to fit one gender better than others, and I didn't expect a male singer to be able to do as well with this one at all. Kudos for him considering the huge number of 'likes' he got on his Youtube video!

So anything girly and feminine is useless because you think men do things better?

My daughter's seen "Frozen" twice now, and I've only read the Disney book. I understand what the story is about and who the characters are. Although absolutely nothing like the "Snow Queen" fairytale it's based on, still a magical film.

Also Taun (yawn) complaining that the males are villains. Oh please. Kristoff and Prince Hans are not bad, y'know. :passifier:

So what. Women often made wicked too, like the queen in "Snow White", Ursula in "Little Mermaid" and Cruella D'vill are so wicked.

Kristoff falls into the other categories "Bumbling", "Smelly" (he even sings about it) and useless until a female "straightens him out" and Prince Hans (Spoiler alert) WAS the villian...

In each of the movies you mentioned (each one more than twenty years ago you will notice), they were not the only women portrayed... In recent movies, virtually all males are portrayed as I mentioned...

Frozen is a fine example of Disney's latest (last 20 years or so) "message" which is "to empower girls/women"... While this is commendable (I'm still not sure

what the word "empower" means) it appears to me, at least, that they are doing it at the expense of young boys... Every male is portrayed as either the villan,

a bumbling (usually smelly) non-entity, a 'wasted person' until a female 'straightens him out'.. or - at best - irrelevant to the story...

I do wish they would put at least a couple kids movies out there showing a good and decent role model for boys....

Big Hero 6