Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Global Elite Rush to Control Water Worldwide

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#16    Leah G.

Leah G.

Poltergeist

• 2,966 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 08:12 PM

View PostAsteroidX, on 25 January 2013 - 02:52 AM, said:

I drive the I-5 corridor. You can see the direct effect of federal intervention into water rights for what us to be be productive green belt farms. Dams in my own state have decimated the Salmon population. Yes its a major deal.

Fortunately we get enough here that water rights arent an issue. But I get it.

Green yards and fountains abound in Las Vegas. That should be a crime unless its recycled bath water.

I hear ya, I've driven down I-5 it's decimated. Hard to believe a few years back it was healthy. Aren't they blaming that on a little fish?

#17    lightly

lightly

metaphysical therapist

• 5,065 posts

• "The future ain't what it used to be"
    Yogi Berra

Posted 28 January 2013 - 11:39 PM

Water rights being monopolized by a few cooperative giants is a worrisome thing .  So is the simultaneous trend to make water a Publicly "owned' and Managed  resource  ..  because it will be a short step to  "PRIVATIZATION"  from there.

Important:  The above may contain errors, inaccuracies, omissions, and other limitations.

#18    rashore

rashore

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,149 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 12:01 AM

There's more to Gary Harrington’s case than is stated. It has lasted for several years, with a lot of back and forth on Mr. Harrington's and the authorities parts. It has a lot to do with his building the ponds, and permits, and a ton of legal entanglement.

#19    questionmark

questionmark

Cinicus Magnus

• 33,478 posts

• In a flat world there is an explanation to everything.

Posted 29 January 2013 - 11:27 AM

View Postrashore, on 29 January 2013 - 12:01 AM, said:

There's more to Gary Harrington’s case than is stated. It has lasted for several years, with a lot of back and forth on Mr. Harrington's and the authorities parts. It has a lot to do with his building the ponds, and permits, and a ton of legal entanglement.

And a whole lot with diverting stream flows, whereby he really got the book slapped on him.

A skeptic is a well informed believer and a pessimist a well informed optimist
The most dangerous views of the world are from those who have never seen it. ~ Alexander v. Humboldt
If you want to bulls**t me please do it so that it takes me more than a minute to find out

about me

#20    Ashotep

Ashotep

Telekinetic

• 7,088 posts

• Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway-John Wayne

Posted 30 January 2013 - 01:13 AM

One day as population grows water will be the most fought over resource there is.

#21    AsteroidX

AsteroidX

Government Agent

• 3,570 posts

• it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security

Posted 30 January 2013 - 01:23 AM

I hear ya, I've driven down I-5 it's decimated. Hard to believe a few years back it was healthy. Aren't they blaming that on a little fish?

yeah. found this. It would appear the Bill is still in commitee in the Senate and being amended in some way. This while one of the breadbaskets of the nation wasted away. Itll take years and years to regrow that land to what it used to be if this Bill ever passes.

http://news.investor...nia-.htm?p=full

http://thomas.loc.go...d112:h.r.01837:

http://www.acwa.com/...on-senate-floor

http://www.leginfo.c...5_chaptered.pdf

http://www.leginfo.c...ded_sen_v93.pdf

Edited by AsteroidX, 30 January 2013 - 01:41 AM.

#22    Doug1o29

Doug1o29

Alien Abducter

• 5,314 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 02:27 PM

View Postlightly, on 28 January 2013 - 11:39 PM, said:

Water rights being monopolized by a few cooperative giants is a worrisome thing .  So is the simultaneous trend to make water a Publicly "owned' and Managed  resource  ..  because it will be a short step to  "PRIVATIZATION"  from there.
Before anyone can monopolize water rights, somebody has to sell them those rights.  Of course, if you offer enough cash...

In the western US, water rights are already private and have always been so.  I used to be a forester.  On one of the properties I managed (State Section near Ward, Colorado), there was a small diversion dam.  Years ago, it was blown up in a water war.  The case eventually went to the Supreme Court that ruled that a water owner had the right to divert his water from one drainage to another.

Some "private" rights are actually owned by public entities, like the City of Denver, City of Los Angeles and in some cases, the US government.  From a legal standpoint, they are like any other private owner, with the same rights and responsibilites (except, they don't pay property tax on the water rights.).

The City of Denver bought up water rights to South Park.  That used to be a farming area.  But with the water going to Denver, it has converted to ranching.  Denver has a serious water crisis.  People in that area are taking out thirty-year mortgages in areas that will run out of water before they pay off the mortgage (And the banks are writing those mortgages!).  Home National Bank went bankrupt already because of that.  I'd call that a failure to practice due diligence on everybody's part.

T. Boone Pickes' attempt at building a pipeline so he could send Ogalala water to Texas failed when the court ruled that his "city" was, in fact, not a city at all, but a legal subterfuge he had created so he could use iminent domain to condemn a right-of-way.  The case was not about water law, but rather about what constitutes a "city."
Doug

If I have seen farther than other men, it is because I stood on the shoulders of giants. --Bernard de Chartres
The beginning of knowledge is the realization that one doesn't and cannot know everything.
Science is the father of knowledge, but opinion breeds ignorance. --Hippocrates
Ignorance is not an opinion. --Adam Scott

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users