Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

The 4 horseman :Atheist Agenda

• Please log in to reply
305 replies to this topic

#16    Zaphod222

Zaphod222

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,594 posts

• When the gods wish to punish us, they answer our prayers.
    (Oscar Wilde)

Posted 12 June 2013 - 04:24 PM

View PostIrrelevant, on 12 June 2013 - 04:21 PM, said:

There is a reasonably decent and accepting relationship amongst most organised faiths these days at the highest level,

Oh really? Have you tried visiting Mekkah recently? Or converting to Christianity in Afghanistan? Or asking Yussuf Al Qaradafi what he thinks about the Jews?

How do you come up with wild-eyed claims like that?

"The moment you declare a set of ideas to be immune from criticism, satire, derision, or contempt, freedom of thought becomes impossible." (Salman Rushdie)

#17    Irrelevant

Irrelevant

Apparition

• Closed
  • PipPip
  • 357 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 04:31 PM

View PostMr. Miyagi, on 12 June 2013 - 04:13 PM, said:

I've watched these videos before at one point or another and I remember Hitchens specifically stating that he does NOT wish to see a world without faith. I think his reasons were because he enjoys the debates and discussions he has with believers. I also remember them feeling that it's a battle that they won't win or something to that effect. I don't remember the opinions of the others specifically, but on the points that I've mentioned alone I feel your thread is a bit disengenous.

Hitchens is opposed to the others in that aspect, as shown in the 3rd video and the countless books by dorkins and others they do indeed wish to see a world without faith, therefore I feel your opinion is uninformed on what there agenda is. The abolishment of religion..

#18    Irrelevant

Irrelevant

Apparition

• Closed
  • PipPip
  • 357 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 04:33 PM

View PostZaphod222, on 12 June 2013 - 04:24 PM, said:

Oh really? Have you tried visiting Mekkah recently? Or converting to Christianity in Afghanistan? Or asking Yussuf Al Qaradafi what he thinks about the Jews?

How do you come up with wild-eyed claims like that?

Taliban is not the highest form of Islam, the Catholic Church and leaders of Islam gave a exchange of doctrine years ago..there not actively seeking the destruction of each other but cooperation of each other.  I think you might be bringing in political aspects

#19    Mr. Miyagi

Mr. Miyagi

"His Dudeness"

• 1,626 posts

• "..."

Posted 12 June 2013 - 04:34 PM

I find its the Athiests who are the strongest opponents against  the various faiths, seeking like those in the posted videos to purposly undermine and "convert" to there thinking by attacking, rather than being accepting of others beliefs.  There is a reasonably decent and accepting relationship amongst most organised faiths these days at the highest level,  Im not of the opinion any one faith as a whole desires the complete abolishment of the others, yet I see western  secular society at its highest level purposely and actively  seeking the complete distruction of all faiths/ organised religion/belief in a higher being..the stripping away of societys fabric , the very agenda of those in the videos and of others I've noticed.

At what point in the video did any of them say that they were "seeking the complete destruction of all faiths"? I know in the beginning of the Lennox video that you posted, Hitchens was edited in order to appear to say that they wished to see a world without faith. I know for a fact that he himself did not and that directlly following that portion of the video he went on to explain why he did not wish to see a world without faith. I remember it specifically and I'm reasonably sure that I remember the others feeling that it was NOT something that they could achieve.

I think that you're attempting to have a discussion about something that was actually never actually said, agreed upon nor was it the conclusion to their discussion. Why would you do this, if you're doing so intentionally?

#20    Irrelevant

Irrelevant

Apparition

• Closed
  • PipPip
  • 357 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 04:36 PM

The 3rd video is the essence of this thread..

#21    Irrelevant

Irrelevant

Apparition

• Closed
  • PipPip
  • 357 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 04:38 PM

View PostMr. Miyagi, on 12 June 2013 - 04:34 PM, said:

At what point in the video did any of them say that they were "seeking the complete destruction of all faiths"? I know in the beginning of the Lennox video that you posted, Hitchens was edited in order to appear to say that they wished to see a world without faith. I know for a fact that he himself did not and that directlly following that portion of the video he went on to explain why he did not wish to see a world without faith. I remember it specifically and I'm reasonably sure that I remember the others feeling that it was NOT something that they could achieve.

I think that you're attempting to have a discussion about something that was actually never actually said, agreed upon nor was it the conclusion to their discussion. Why would you do this, if you're doing so intentionally?

So there not trying to shake people out of there faith?

#22    Mr. Miyagi

Mr. Miyagi

"His Dudeness"

• 1,626 posts

• "..."

Posted 12 June 2013 - 04:41 PM

View PostIrrelevant, on 12 June 2013 - 04:36 PM, said:

The 3rd video is the essence of this thread..

The third video and your use of it here is misrepresenting what was actually discussed and the conclusions of those discussions in the first two videos that you posted.

What's your reason behind doing this?

#23    Mr. Miyagi

Mr. Miyagi

"His Dudeness"

• 1,626 posts

• "..."

Posted 12 June 2013 - 04:44 PM

View PostIrrelevant, on 12 June 2013 - 04:38 PM, said:

So there not trying to shake people out of there faith?

That doesn't answer my questions.

#24    Irrelevant

Irrelevant

Apparition

• Closed
  • PipPip
  • 357 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 04:52 PM

View PostMr. Miyagi, on 12 June 2013 - 04:44 PM, said:

That doesn't answer my questions.

Yes it does.

Edit: its verbatim to there words " shake people out of there faith"

Edited by Irrelevant, 12 June 2013 - 04:54 PM.

#25    Mr. Miyagi

Mr. Miyagi

"His Dudeness"

• 1,626 posts

• "..."

Posted 12 June 2013 - 04:58 PM

View PostIrrelevant, on 12 June 2013 - 04:52 PM, said:

Yes it does.

Really? Lets try again. I'll repost for you.

At what point in the video did any of them say that they were "seeking the complete destruction of all faiths"? In the beginning of the Lennox video that you posted, Hitchens was edited in order to appear to say that they wished to see a world without faith. I know for a fact that he himself did not and that directlly following that portion of the video he went on to explain why he did not wish to see a world without faith. I remember it specifically and I'm reasonably sure that I remember the others feeling that it was NOT something that they could achieve.

Another question.
How could you possibly watch that video and come away with the conclusions that you've made here? Furthermore, Hitch has been dead for what, two years? This discussion took place in 06' or 07'. In what way was this discussion "recent"?

#26    Mr. Miyagi

Mr. Miyagi

"His Dudeness"

• 1,626 posts

• "..."

Posted 12 June 2013 - 05:06 PM

View PostIrrelevant, on 12 June 2013 - 04:52 PM, said:

Yes it does.

Edit: its verbatim to there words " shake people out of there faith"

That's not the assertion you made in your OP, and is quite different from "seeking the complete destruction of all faiths". Which we both know full well was never stated as a goal during that video. What you've done here is commonly refered to by football fans as "moving the goal posts".

#27    Sherapy

Sherapy

Sheri loves Sean loves Sheri...

• 21,714 posts

• The giving of love is an education in itself.
    ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Posted 12 June 2013 - 05:15 PM

I find its the Athiests who are the strongest opponents against  the various faiths, seeking like those in the posted videos to purposly undermine and "convert" to there thinking by attacking, rather than being accepting of others beliefs.  There is a reasonably decent and accepting relationship amongst most organised faiths these days at the highest level,  Im not of the opinion any one faith as a whole desires the complete abolishment of the others, yet I see western  secular society at its highest level purposely and actively  seeking the complete distruction of all faiths/ organised religion/belief in a higher being..the stripping away of societys fabric , the very agenda of those in the videos and of others I've noticed.

As an Atheist, I do not see this as happening and I am not invested or interested in this happening.

#28    Sherapy

Sherapy

Sheri loves Sean loves Sheri...

• 21,714 posts

• The giving of love is an education in itself.
    ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Posted 12 June 2013 - 05:21 PM

View PostMr. Miyagi, on 12 June 2013 - 05:06 PM, said:

That's not the assertion you made in your OP, and is quite different from "seeking the complete destruction of all faiths". Which we both know full well was never stated as a goal during that video. What you've done here is commonly refered to by football fans as "moving the goal posts".

For me, I am thinking he is wanting to ask the atheists on um if they are invested in this outcome. Maybe?

Edited by Sherapy, 12 June 2013 - 05:28 PM.

#29    freetoroam

freetoroam

Honourary member of the UM asylum

• 6,489 posts

• If you didn't see it with your own eyes, or hear it with your own ears, don't invent it with your small mind and share it with your big mouth!

Posted 12 June 2013 - 05:22 PM

View PostIrrelevant, on 12 June 2013 - 02:41 PM, said:

Can Atheist triumph over the Religion, if so how?
Triumph how, by wiping out every religious person on this planet? are you mad? The religious people have been trying to do that to each other for centuries, if they have not succeeded and are still fighting each other, then  I very much doubt the atheist  have much of a chance...or would even want to.
Until a person (religious or not) is affected by others, then why try?

In an ideal World a law would be passed were NO guns were allowed and all those out there destroyed, trouble is the law makers are not going to take a risk of trying to pass that without making sure they are armed first.

#30    Mr. Miyagi

Mr. Miyagi

"His Dudeness"

• 1,626 posts

• "..."

Posted 12 June 2013 - 05:23 PM

View PostSherapy, on 12 June 2013 - 05:21 PM, said:

For me, I am thinking he is asking the atheists on um if they are invested in this outcome.

Maybe, I dunno. I'd say that they aren't for the most part if that's the intention of the OP. I just don't like the misrepresentation of the opinions expressed in the first two video(s).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users