Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

If the World declares War on Islamic radicals

• Please log in to reply
172 replies to this topic

#166    Yamato

Yamato

Forum Divinity

• 10,926 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 06:32 PM

View Postfreetoroam, on 22 January 2013 - 05:11 PM, said:

and then has basically covered this.
if we lived on a world where  we can not say we have met nice people, no matter what religion, colour, sex or nationality they are, then we seriously would be in trouble.
please remember that this is about the islamic fundamentalists, and not about "Mr Arcmed" who although a muslim, has  integrated with the west and is not spewing hatred for the western country he has chosen to live in.
Mr. Ahmed.  And this is about him because it's him and others like him who must decide what it means to be a Muslim.   Not non-Muslim bullies traveling 7,000 miles away looking for a fight to pick.   We've had two generations of this going on one way, and one incident (9/11) of it happening the other.   If we're actually willing to think that we can shape the future of a religion with military force, we've lost our minds and have instead developed far too much blind faith in our interventionist bureaucracy.

"Peace cannot be achieved by force, only by understanding."  ~ Albert Einstein
"To deny people their human rights is to challenge their very humanity.   To impose on them a wretched life of hunger and deprivation is to dehumanize them." ~ Nelson Mandela
"I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians.  Your Christians are so unlike your Christ." ~ Mahatma Gandhi

#167    freetoroam

freetoroam

Honourary member of the UM asylum

• 7,518 posts

• If you didn't see it with your own eyes, or hear it with your own ears, don't invent it with your small mind and share it with your big mouth!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 06:47 PM

View PostYamato, on 22 January 2013 - 06:32 PM, said:

Mr. Ahmed.  And this is about him because it's him and others like him who must decide what it means to be a Muslim.   Not non-Muslim bullies traveling 7,000 miles away looking for a fight to pick.   We've had two generations of this going on one way, and one incident (9/11) of it happening the other.   If we're actually willing to think that we can shape the future of a religion with military force, we've lost our minds and have instead developed far too much blind faith in our interventionist bureaucracy.
The name was just used as an example, it was not about anyone specific.
I am not in favour of going to muslim countries and trying to shape their future by military force, which so far has not had any effect on the muslims as a whole anyway. i am not in favour either of islamists coming to a western country spewing their hate on ours streets..
As it stands, if the islamists come here to fight against the government, that I could understand that, but that is not the case, they are coming here to live permanently and to enforce their religion and anti western values on us.  WE, the normal joe are not the people going to their countries, but we are the ones who have to put up with them because the human rights brigade say so.
Our governments are going to these countries because there is already war there...mainly between muslims and muslims, I say let them all kill each other if they want, but i am sure that those who say our governments should not be there trying to shape their future would soon be jumping down my throat saying we have to be there and help them....
So its a bit of a catch 22 situation, do we let them all kill each other and turn a blind eye, or do we go and help?  Considering it seems to be giving an excuse for the terrorists to come here,,,, then I say we stay away.
I say we should not be there,

In an ideal World a law would be passed were NO guns were allowed and all those out there destroyed, trouble is the law makers are not going to take a risk of trying to pass that without making sure they are armed first.

#168    Yamato

Yamato

Forum Divinity

• 10,926 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 07:37 PM

View Postfreetoroam, on 22 January 2013 - 06:47 PM, said:

The name was just used as an example, it was not about anyone specific.
I am not in favour of going to muslim countries and trying to shape their future by military force, which so far has not had any effect on the muslims as a whole anyway. i am not in favour either of islamists coming to a western country spewing their hate on ours streets..
As it stands, if the islamists come here to fight against the government, that I could understand that, but that is not the case, they are coming here to live permanently and to enforce their religion and anti western values on us.  WE, the normal joe are not the people going to their countries, but we are the ones who have to put up with them because the human rights brigade say so.
Our governments are going to these countries because there is already war there...mainly between muslims and muslims, I say let them all kill each other if they want, but i am sure that those who say our governments should not be there trying to shape their future would soon be jumping down my throat saying we have to be there and help them....
So its a bit of a catch 22 situation, do we let them all kill each other and turn a blind eye, or do we go and help?  Considering it seems to be giving an excuse for the terrorists to come here,,,, then I say we stay away.
I say we should not be there,
I don't know where you're from but I suggest following the US example and adding an establishment clause to your Constitution and then you won't have to worry about your country being taken over by radical Islamists.  

Looking at the OP again, I'm glad we agree that declaring war and using military force is a bad idea.  

But no, my government didn't go to these countries because there was a war there already.  This policy isn't a decision of helping Muslims kill one another or not.   What governments are you talking about?

"To deny people their human rights is to challenge their very humanity.   To impose on them a wretched life of hunger and deprivation is to dehumanize them." ~ Nelson Mandela
"I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians.  Your Christians are so unlike your Christ." ~ Mahatma Gandhi

#169    freetoroam

freetoroam

Honourary member of the UM asylum

• 7,518 posts

• If you didn't see it with your own eyes, or hear it with your own ears, don't invent it with your small mind and share it with your big mouth!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 07:48 PM

View PostYamato, on 22 January 2013 - 07:37 PM, said:

I don't know where you're from but I suggest following the US example and adding an establishment clause to your Constitution and then you won't have to worry about your country being taken over by radical Islamists.  

Looking at the OP again, I'm glad we agree that declaring war and using military force is a bad idea.  

But no, my government didn't go to these countries because there was a war there already.  This policy isn't a decision of helping Muslims kill one another or not.   What governments are you talking about?
Nato and many other organisations  who go to these countries to "help", as for Afghanistan and Iraq, absolutely right, they were not going there to "help", if you exclude 'only themselves'.

In an ideal World a law would be passed were NO guns were allowed and all those out there destroyed, trouble is the law makers are not going to take a risk of trying to pass that without making sure they are armed first.

#170    pallidin

pallidin

Telekinetic

• 7,388 posts

• "When life gets you down... swim with a dolphin"

Posted 22 January 2013 - 11:25 PM

View PostYamato, on 22 January 2013 - 07:37 PM, said:

Yamato, not to put you on "the spot", forgive me if that is the thought.

My question is: are you OK with radical Islamic suicide bombers, or not.

Simple enough, I guess.

Edited by pallidin, 22 January 2013 - 11:26 PM.

#171    Yamato

Yamato

Forum Divinity

• 10,926 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 11:50 PM

View Postpallidin, on 22 January 2013 - 11:25 PM, said:

are you OK with radical Islamic suicide bombers, or not.
Not from my own country, no.  I'm also not okay with radical non-Islamic homicide bombers.

#172    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 13,973 posts

• Because what came before never seems enough...

Posted 22 January 2013 - 11:55 PM

View Postpallidin, on 22 January 2013 - 11:25 PM, said:

Yamato, not to put you on "the spot", forgive me if that is the thought.

My question is: are you OK with radical Islamic suicide bombers, or not.

Simple enough, I guess.
I was going to say, "good luck with that" but he responded before I could warn you.  Yam has an aversion to straightforward answers.  Master of redirection.... :w00t:

We've cast the world, we've set the stage,
  for what could be, the darkest age...

#173    Mystic Crusader

Mystic Crusader

Poltergeist

• 2,213 posts

• "What would you rather be, a bus driver, or a super terrorist?"

Posted 25 January 2013 - 02:30 AM

View PostAsteroidX, on 20 January 2013 - 08:21 PM, said:

Might I direct you to Sandy Hook in order for your answer to more in line with the truth.

Or Timothy McVeigh

Or many other incidents....Waco.

Yes we do these things in a different form then Islamic Fundamentalists wage there war but we indeed wage war against our Government which has become more and more Tyrranical over time.

Nothing will be more tyrannical than any religion.

Thomas Paine wrote in The Age of Reason that “Whenever we read the obscene stories, the voluptuous debaucheries, the cruel and torturous execution, the unrelenting vindictiveness, with which more than half the Bible is filled, it would be consistent that we called it the word of a demon, than the word of God."
Jewish gematria # 629:
The holy bible
Demonic inspiration

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users