Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 2 votes

When will the world really end ?

• Please log in to reply
53 replies to this topic

#1    Saru

Saru

Site Webmaster

• 19,931 posts

• "The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious." - Albert Einstein

Posted 22 December 2012 - 01:41 PM

There was no apocalypse on December 21st 2012, so when can we really expect to see the end of days ?

Discovery News said:

New research has aimed to determine what the last life forms on Earth will be, and what kind of abodes they will cling to before the Earth becomes sterilized.

Posted Image Read more...

#2    ancient astronaut

ancient astronaut

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 715 posts

• It Is What It Is.

Posted 22 December 2012 - 02:04 PM

I don't think you could put a specific date(or time for that matter) on any cataclysm,apocalypse, or any other "end" event.If and when it happens, I believe it will just happen, little if no warning,and then there it is.

#3    doppleganger2015

doppleganger2015

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 17 posts

• The more normal something appears to be
    The more insane it actually is.

Posted 22 December 2012 - 02:22 PM

Cool

#4    Ashotep

Ashotep

Telekinetic

• 7,289 posts

• Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway-John Wayne

Posted 22 December 2012 - 02:45 PM

The world will end when conditions are right and not a minute before.  Mankind may not make it that long.

#5    Hasina

Hasina

Maximillion Hotpocket Puckershuttle

• 3,046 posts

• JINKIES

Posted 22 December 2012 - 02:49 PM

Listverse just yesterday had a list of Doomsday predictions after the Mayan one. It's an interesting read: http://listverse.com...ns-beyond-2012/

Posted Image

~MEH~

#6    Hawkin

Hawkin

LiverEatenJohnson

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,541 posts

• Some say he is dead.
    Some say he will never be.

Posted 22 December 2012 - 03:12 PM

I thought the world did end because I felt euphoric. That is until the alarm went off and I had to get up and go to work. :lol:

It's good to have some skepticism so you won't be gullible & naïve. But to much of it can make you arrogant & egotistical.

#7    spud the mackem

spud the mackem

Spud the Mackem

• 3,374 posts

• man who ask for nothing shall never be disappointed

Posted 22 December 2012 - 04:12 PM

Providing we survive any meteor strikes , comets etc, the world will end in about 4.6 million years time according to the late Sir Patrick Moore. Thats good enough for me, unless some crazy Ayatolla pushes the button,then it will be the dawn of the cockroaches.Humans will not last as long the Dinosaurs because they didnt have the technology to wipe out each other.

(1) try your best, ............if that dont work.
(2) try your second best, ........if that dont work
(3) give up you aint gonna win

#8    Swamptick

Swamptick

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 140 posts

• "What you do speaks so loudly I cannot hear what you say." - Head Coach Nick Saban, The University of Alabama

Posted 22 December 2012 - 05:36 PM

If we could just get rid of welfare people, the world would last a lot longer.

#9    Jessica Christ

Jessica Christ

jeanne d'arc, je te suivrai

• 3,607 posts
  • Location:Currently entering that inner landscape connecting those throughout life

• It seems so important now but you will get over.

Posted 22 December 2012 - 05:38 PM

View PostSwamptick, on 22 December 2012 - 05:36 PM, said:

If we could just get rid of welfare people, the world would last a lot longer.

Do you mean get rid of people so those you consider acceptable can have more living space?

#10    Shabd Mystic

Shabd Mystic

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 480 posts

• "Religion is to mysticism what popularization is to science." ~ Henri Bergson

Posted 22 December 2012 - 05:59 PM

The world will end when I die, at least for me.

#11    Hobbit Feet

Hobbit Feet

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 122 posts

• Drop me off at Willoughby and take me to Aunt T's!

Posted 22 December 2012 - 06:10 PM

There's the end of the world and there's the end of humanity.  I'm sure the end of humanity will come first and can't be too far off.  The real question is when will there be an end to cockroaches?

#12    Kealiga

Kealiga

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 06:13 PM

Will the end actually end. I am not 40 years or older but I've heard it was predicted in 1972. My friends say they will soon say it will end in 2020 and so on but one is sure the world will end.

#13    Mad Cow

Mad Cow

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 224 posts

• “Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.”

---Calvin & Hobbes

Posted 22 December 2012 - 06:23 PM

I am a devout Christian, and I have read Revelation several times, and I want to share something I've found interesting:

You see, everyone assumes the Antichrist is a living person. The Apostle John, in his three epistles, never says the Antichrist is a living person. Throughout the New Testament, Jesus, Paul, and John all state emphatically how wicked and evil money is. Jesus wants us all to sell our possessions and give them to the poor. Paul tells Timothy flat out that "the love of money is the root of all evil" (1 Timothy 6:10). Now, considering the facts that have been laid out by John in Revelation (and his three epistles):

1. The mark of the beast is 666. If we take each six and add them together, we get 18, which is the legal age to vote. The opposite of 666 is 777, which we, as believers, assume is God's number. The three 7s added together yields 21. Hm....

2. In order for Jesus to return, the Antichrist must rule the world and proclaim himself as God, ruling the earth with one government. In other words, a one-world government must be established before Christ returns. Now, I am as literalist as it can get when it comes to the Bible, but I think God was insinuating something here: people love money. You can't live/function without it. When the one-world government comes, people will worship the Antichrist (the government) and its leader to survive. Now, that being said, much like God is a Trinity, so is the Antichrist:

ANTICHRIST = THE ONE WORLD GOVERNMENT
THE FALSE PROPHET = THE LEADER OF THE ONE WORLD GOVERNMENT
SATAN = MONEY (AND THE GREED ASSOCIATED WITH IT)*

*Every sin that is committed is, in some way, connected to money or some kind of personal gain/profit.

Once the credit system is destroyed (and it's headed there now), then the world will be plunged into chaos. Then, and only then, will the Apocalypse ensue.

You may think these are just coincidences, and I'm over-thinking. I may very well be. I am just sharing some information I thought was odd. Enjoy.

Edited by Mad Cow, 22 December 2012 - 06:24 PM.

A bear is just a man who made a choice.

#14    freetoroam

freetoroam

Honourary member of the UM asylum

• 6,677 posts

• If you didn't see it with your own eyes, or hear it with your own ears, don't invent it with your small mind and share it with your big mouth!

Posted 22 December 2012 - 06:52 PM

View PostHilander, on 22 December 2012 - 02:45 PM, said:

The world will end when conditions are right and not a minute before.  Mankind may not make it that long.
Too right man kind may not make it that long.
Have a funny feeling that there are many species which may not either, some down to the climatic changes, some down to man.
But as with the dinosaurs, just because the temperature changes and may not be suitable for human life, other life forms may well still be able to thrive....or form.

Edited by freetoroam, 22 December 2012 - 06:53 PM.

In an ideal World a law would be passed were NO guns were allowed and all those out there destroyed, trouble is the law makers are not going to take a risk of trying to pass that without making sure they are armed first.

#15    grc

grc

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 551 posts

• Out of my mind, back in five minutes.

Posted 22 December 2012 - 06:52 PM

View PostMad Cow, on 22 December 2012 - 06:23 PM, said:

I am a devout Christian, and I have read Revelation several times, and I want to share something I've found interesting:

You see, everyone assumes the Antichrist is a living person. The Apostle John, in his three epistles, never says the Antichrist is a living person. Throughout the New Testament, Jesus, Paul, and John all state emphatically how wicked and evil money is. Jesus wants us all to sell our possessions and give them to the poor. Paul tells Timothy flat out that "the love of money is the root of all evil" (1 Timothy 6:10). Now, considering the facts that have been laid out by John in Revelation (and his three epistles):

1. The mark of the beast is 666. If we take each six and add them together, we get 18, which is the legal age to vote. The opposite of 666 is 777, which we, as believers, assume is God's number. The three 7s added together yields 21. Hm....

2. In order for Jesus to return, the Antichrist must rule the world and proclaim himself as God, ruling the earth with one government. In other words, a one-world government must be established before Christ returns. Now, I am as literalist as it can get when it comes to the Bible, but I think God was insinuating something here: people love money. You can't live/function without it. When the one-world government comes, people will worship the Antichrist (the government) and its leader to survive. Now, that being said, much like God is a Trinity, so is the Antichrist:

ANTICHRIST = THE ONE WORLD GOVERNMENT
THE FALSE PROPHET = THE LEADER OF THE ONE WORLD GOVERNMENT
SATAN = MONEY (AND THE GREED ASSOCIATED WITH IT)*

*Every sin that is committed is, in some way, connected to money or some kind of personal gain/profit.

Once the credit system is destroyed (and it's headed there now), then the world will be plunged into chaos. Then, and only then, will the Apocalypse ensue.

You may think these are just coincidences, and I'm over-thinking. I may very well be. I am just sharing some information I thought was odd. Enjoy.

I like your post, it is interesting and I agree to some point but the number 666 is not the opposite of 777 but 999. I'm not a religious person, I don't go to church very often but I do believe in GOD. Religions in my opinion are made just to tame the people that are just not advanced enough to accept rules, accept others that are not like them and they are quick to judge others and put too many value on material things.

"Bigfoot is blurry!" -Mitch Hedberg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users