Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Carter says Obama row is 'racist'

itsnotoutthere

Carter says Obama row is 'racist'

Former US President Jimmy Carter says much of the vitriol against President Barack Obama's health reforms and spending plans is "based on racism".

Mr Carter told a town-hall meeting there was "an inherent feeling among many in this country that an African-American should not be president".

Republican lawmaker Joe Wilson was rebuked on Tuesday in a House vote.

He shouted "You lie!" while Mr Obama was delivering an address on healthcare to Congress last Wednesday.

The House resolution of disapproval described it as "a breach of decorum".

But Mr Wilson's eldest son, Alan, has denied racism was a factor in his father's outburst.

Some conservatives have accused the president's supporters of playing the race card.

link :- http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/8258011.stm

Well well, hands up all those that never saw this one coming.

"people don't like our policies mr president"

"time to deploy our secret weapon...the secret weapon only we possess"

"thats because they're god damn racists."....brilliant.

post-39751-125308869891_thumb.jpg

p.s. Trust the BBC to run with this one.

Edited by itsnotoutthere

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Kimi81

• Mr  Honeybadger

• itsnotoutthere

• preacherman76

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I think some of is indeed based in racism but not all of them.

There are african-americans who also do not agree with Obama.

Truth be told I don't really know. They love him here in Hawaii though

"Breach of Decorum" pfft. He got off light. I mean bros got tased in far lesser circumstances than that. :P

In all seriousness though, that whole Joe Wilson thing was shockingly disrespectful. I do have to wonder if he would have had the never to say that to any other president, past present or future.

Edited by Pinx

Truer words have never been spoken. It's not the case with all of these people, but it's a factor with a large percentage in all this. When you see the hate and vitriol shown by these protesters towards him there is no way that you can deny the racial undertones simmering right beneath the surface of these protest. I'm sure people will slam Carter and say he pulled the race card here, but the truth is that we as Americans still have a lot to overcome when it comes to race relations, and it will take a while for people to get used to the fact that the President is a Black Man.

"Breach of Decorum" pfft. He got off light. I mean bros got tased in far lesser circumstances than that. :P

In all seriousness though, that whole Joe Wilson thing was shockingly disrespectful. I do have to wonder if he would have had the never to say that to any other president, past present or future.

I agree, all he had to do was make a simple apology to Congress like he was asked but he refused to do so. He did this to gain notoriety and publicity and he deserves what has happened as a consequence of his reckless behavior.

I've always said that the row over his birth cetificate would never have happened if he was white.

Explain McCain, then. He had to go to court to prove his eligibility.

Wow, its like you folks have never followed politics in your life till 0bama got here. As if a heckle or 2 from a congressmen is a new thing meant for the black man. The only racists I see are those who just cant stop bringing it up.

Exactly. They put McCain through the ringer, but anyone who questions the mighty 0bama must be a racists. Give me a break.

OK, how is throwing out the accusation that the half of the Country that opposes your policies does so only because they're

'racist' help anything? Is that gonna win over the half that opposes you? The half you're calling 'racist'?? If all you're doing is pandering to the half that ALREADY supports you, how does THAT help? WTF is going on here????

and i agree

I agree with her as well.

I also don't feel like there would have been all the backlash at giving the speech to school students either if he was White, for the simple fact that no other President's motives were questioned concerning them giving a motivational speech to children :rolleyes: . Also, comparisons being made to him being a terrorist and someone to be feared all stems from his race as well. All the nonsense with Glenn Beck calling him a racist despite the fact that that he was raised by his White Mother and Grandmother :rolleyes: There is just so much crap and paranoia thrown his way for things that would have been a non-issue's with past Presidents. There is deep seeded Racism still held by many in this Country and it has been brought to the surface with all these protest and this other crap. The fear and hatred some of these people have for this man goes far beyond Politics and Policies :geek:

Then it was over and done with? They just couldn't drop it with Obama.

I'm not going to say that racism is responsible for the backlash against Obama, but whatever the reason is it certainly doesn't appear logical. Take the health-care reform row, discuss it with someone who opposes it and it's very likely you'll soon discover that they don't understand the first thing about it. So why get worked up about it?

I'm inclined to think that the whole thing is a fad. Why bother to form your own opinion when your peers can tell you what to think for 6% of the brainpower?

It seems in todays politicaly correct world one cannot question or criticize anyone who isnt white without risking being labelled racist.

In the case of Obama it appears to simply be the usual Left vs Right issue, with those opposed to his ideology attacking him at every opportunity, just like any President. It's just with his health care reforms dominating the news and domestic political scene within the US that it seems so severe.

Edited by AztecInca

It seems in todays politicaly correct world one cannot question or criticize anyone who isnt white without risking being labelled racist.

In the case of Obama it appears to simply be the usual Left vs Right issue, with those opposed to his ideology attacking him at every opportunity, just like any President. It's just with his health care reforms dominating the news and domestic political scene within the US that it seems so severe.

And there you hit the nail on the head. The first bit of harsh critism of the president & his policies & what do his cronies do, ...exactly what everyone expected. It's sickening cynicism but it's not the first time the debate has been (or tried too) derailed by throwing around the 'R' word. And lets be honest he's the only president in history that's been allowed this stick to beat his detractors with, & it didn't take long did it.

Obviously, there are good people out there who object to Obama's plan. But take a look at some of these signs.

ras2.jpg..........signseq3.jpg

ras7.jpg..........ras10.jpg

ras4.jpg.......... ras6.jpg

rasimage1.jpg...slide_1398_20075_large.jpg

AxtecInca, when you look at the above signs does it strike you as a wild stretch of the imagination to think they might be rasict?

Itsnotouthtere--- you like these signs? Do they express your opinion? Are they decent, open political discoourse?

-------------------------------------------------

I've opened this question up for a vote (poll) in the General Discussion section. Yes or no. Do they seem racist?

Edited by Siara

I'm sure some people against Obama are racist (though how often was Bush compared to Hitler?) but to dismiss objections to his policies as racist is just stupid and insulting.

AxtecInca, when you look at the above signs does it strike you as a wild stretch of the imagination to think they might be rasict?

Itsnotouthtere--- you like these signs? Do they express your opinion? Are they decent, open political discoourse?

I've opened this question up for a vote (poll) in the General Discussion section. Yes or no. Do they seem racist?

There is no doubt that there are racists who are taking the opportunity to attack Obama. Every country on the planet has racists, its unfortunately a fact of life that cannot be eliminated, at least in the short-term. However when people claim that a large portion of the community is attacking Obama and his policies simply because of his race, they are generalizing and without doubt incorrect. Republicans and Democrats will always attack each other without mercy as will their supporters, and as usual there are a few who take it too far.

Also while some the images you posted are without doubt racist, those sorts of slogans and caricatures are common place in politics. Bush was the last target, now it's Obamas turn. All political leaders have to deal with it.

Edited by AztecInca

Only the monkey one did. The one that says 0bama is a half breed looks like it was photo shopped in. And the rest arent racist at all.