Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Arch near Arivaca, Arizona

reptilicus

Some of you may have heard of the mysterious stone arch south of Arivaca, Arizona. Some may have even visited the area. If so, I would love to hear from you. My wife and I have visited the site 4 times in the last few years and are planning another expedition in August. I first learned about the site in the 70s and never thought about it until I heard it mentioned one night on Coast to Coast. I realized they were talking about the same site that I was told about in the 70s when I was in Sierra Vista, Arizona. Long story short, we found the place and our experiences there have been amazing. Again, if anyone has been there in the last 2 years, I would be very interested in how the place looks now. Anyone interested can contact me and I would be glad to send a few photos of the area. I am providing a link to an article on the area published a few years back.

http://www.tucsonweekly.com/tucson/mysteries-in-the-mountains/Content?oid=1072291

Since you have visited the site 4 times before, your might have some photographs, i presume.

How about posting them for our viewing pleasure or at least posting the corodinates to this arch?

All i read from the linked article is based on hearsay from an old indian named john.

When the author of the article and his friends went up to the arch, put his arm though , nothing happened.

So, how is the arch, mytherious, then???

As far as giving the exact location of the site, I am bound by an agreement with the handful of others who have visited the area. We have all agreed that we will not give the exact coordinates out as we cannot be assured that the area will not be plundered, spray-painted, artifacts stolen from it, etc. We will take folks with us on our expeditions should they decide to join us.

It is important to point out that artifacts and relics discovered in the area would cause the current history books relating to North American to be rewritten. There are artifacts from the Vikings in the area. This in itself is quite a find. There are some very curious cave drawings. I might add that the whole area in that part of the state is a virtual honeycomb of caves that very few know about and even fewer have explored.

You want mysterious? Ok, how about the obvious magnetic anomaly that causes a compass to spin. Or the way the weather can change very dramitically in a very short amount of time. As a meteorologist, I can say that some of what I have witnessed defies explanation.

Then there is the night when a noise similar to a very low flying helicopter was heard above our campsite yet no stars were blotted out by any flying craft. Or maybe the stars that seem to move and stop at will. Perhaps, you might be interested in the strange stone formations that are there on one expedition and gone the next......stones weighing in the tons. Or maybe the night we looked out of our tents and saw the stars had become huge, as if we could reach out and touch them. Then there is the day we ascended a slope and looked down upon the site only to see that it and our campsite were not to be seen. It was as if we were looking at the area from a different time. Once down the mountain, all seemed back to normal. Also, the night we all had the feeling something was overhead yet not seen and the next morning on the trail, several large rock formations had burn marks and holes that were not there the day before. I will add one more....what was believed to be a deer was seen that stood higher than a large horse.

The area is littered with opal....some the precious type while most is common. Go and take all you want is what I tell folks but take only photos and video of the site itself. As I am new to this site I will try to post a few photos after I submit this text.

• Like 2

Tried to post 3 photos but it tells me that the file is too large. I would be happy to email the photos to someone who could get them to post on here.

As far as giving the exact location of the site, I am bound by an agreement with the handful of others who have visited the area. We have all agreed that we will not give the exact coordinates out as we cannot be assured that the area will not be plundered, spray-painted, artifacts stolen from it, etc. We will take folks with us on our expeditions should they decide to join us.

That's... convenient. Especially as it's out in the open where anyone can get to, anyway. But I understand your reluctance. I myself possess a fully functioning time machine, but I entered into a formal pinky-swearing with an associate I'll just refer to as "the Doctor" not to show anybody.

It is important to point out that artifacts and relics discovered in the area would cause the current history books relating to North American to be rewritten. There are artifacts from the Vikings in the area. This in itself is quite a find.

Perhaps you could discuss your qualifications to assess both the age and origin of these alleged Viking artifacts? I assume there's a tell-tale bullet-shaped helmet with horns on the side, right?

And maybe throw in a few specific about these other radical finds that will "cause the curretn history books relating to North American history to be written"? I mean, that's a pretty incredible claim, there.

There are some very curious cave drawings. I might add that the whole area in that part of the state is a virtual honeycomb of caves that very few know about and even fewer have explored.

Can't fault you on this.

You want mysterious? Ok, how about the obvious magnetic anomaly that causes a compass to spin.

I can do that with a magnet, so, you know, it's hardly in the realm of an incredible mystery. But to be fair, it probably is more effort to lie about than to tell the truth about.

Or the way the weather can change very dramitically in a very short amount of time. As a meteorologist, I can say that some of what I have witnessed defies explanation.

Well, to be fair, you don't claim to be a *good* meteorologist.

Then there is the night when a noise similar to a very low flying helicopter was heard above our campsite yet no stars were blotted out by any flying craft. Or maybe the stars that seem to move and stop at will.

You don't perchance take whisky with you on any of these adventures, do you? Because I once had an oddly similar experience to that second bit after a snifter or three too much of good bourbon.

Perhaps, you might be interested in the strange stone formations that are there on one expedition and gone the next......stones weighing in the tons.

Or maybe the night we looked out of our tents and saw the stars had become huge, as if we could reach out and touch them.

Then there is the day we ascended a slope and looked down upon the site only to see that it and our campsite were not to be seen. It was as if we were looking at the area from a different time. Once down the mountain, all seemed back to normal. Also, the night we all had the feeling something was overhead yet not seen and the next morning on the trail, several large rock formations had burn marks and holes that were not there the day before. I will add one more....what was believed to be a deer was seen that stood higher than a large horse.

Okay. Maybe not /whisky/. Something else.

The area is littered with opal....some the precious type while most is common. Go and take all you want is what I tell folks but take only photos and video of the site itself. As I am new to this site I will try to post a few photos after I submit this text.

I was just about to call bull**** on this -- Wikipedia, for example, doesn't even mention Arizona as a source for opals. But it looks like there are a few scraps to be found in that area. Not, mind, that anyone (even on the internet) is claiming they're strewn about on the surface. It seems to me if you really wanted to keep this on the down-low, you wouldn't casually mention gemstones scattered around.

--Jaylemurph

• Like 4

It is important to point out that artifacts and relics discovered in the area would cause the current history books relating to North American to be rewritten. There are artifacts from the Vikings in the area. This in itself is quite a find. There are some very curious cave drawings. I might add that the whole area in that part of the state is a virtual honeycomb of caves that very few know about and even fewer have explored.

You want mysterious? Ok, how about the obvious magnetic anomaly that causes a compass to spin. Or the way the weather can change very dramitically in a very short amount of time. As a meteorologist, I can say that some of what I have witnessed defies explanation.

Then there is the night when a noise similar to a very low flying helicopter was heard above our campsite yet no stars were blotted out by any flying craft. Or maybe the stars that seem to move and stop at will. Perhaps, you might be interested in the strange stone formations that are there on one expedition and gone the next......stones weighing in the tons. Or maybe the night we looked out of our tents and saw the stars had become huge, as if we could reach out and touch them. Then there is the day we ascended a slope and looked down upon the site only to see that it and our campsite were not to be seen. It was as if we were looking at the area from a different time. Once down the mountain, all seemed back to normal. Also, the night we all had the feeling something was overhead yet not seen and the next morning on the trail, several large rock formations had burn marks and holes that were not there the day before. I will add one more....what was believed to be a deer was seen that stood higher than a large horse.

Meteorology doesnt cover all disciplines.

I am sure that all of the events /anomalies you have encountered can be explained by science.

I wont pass any comments because i dont have any idea of what your experiences were? and i am not a scientist, but a Electro mechanical Engineer only. What i can do is analyse the stories, the events with loads of common sense and give 2 cents worth.

I hope, you can take some scientist friends along with you for the next trip. Not fringe minded ones, but skeptics.

They could study the pehenomena thoroughly and arrive at some conclusion.

One question : The old indian John told tales of men, goat and other living beings entering the arch and vanishing.Have you ever seen such a phenomenon at that

arch in all the 4 visits?

Edited by The_Spartan

• 7 months later...

reptilicus, on 23 April 2013 - 09:41 PM, said:

I will add one more....what was believed to be a deer was seen that stood higher than a large horse.

You will find these extraordinarily large deer, complete with sometimes with 10+' wide antler spreds near ancient gates/portals. What has often been said to be the result of good feed is actually ancient forest deer crossing with native deer from this reality. Both can pass back and forth readily through an active portal. Local deer of this reality will also use these portals to hide from hunters. Another mention here is the white/albino factor will come up more often in such crosses also.

The Weekly does not know the location of the site Mr. Quinn speaks of, nor could we verify the events mentioned. Therefore, we present his anecdotes as interesting stories--nothing more.

--Irene Messina

mysteries-in-the-mountains

Hmm... given the time, place, and circumstances, I suggest backscatter radiation from Carlos Castaneda.

Certainly an interesting read. My skeptical nature, however, won't allow me to take it seriously. Being an adventure-seeking type myself, I can't believe that someone hasn't thrown caution to the wind and foolishly rushed headlong into the mystery, as I would (foolishly) do. I'm certain no one in modern times has done so, as that person's friends would be answering questions from the local sheriff about that person's disappearance.

Adding to my post above:

I am actually intrigued by the story, because of the odd location of the geodes. I've always thought that geodes were formed near a water source over long periods of time. Am I wrong? Or perhaps that area was once part of the inland sea?

Okay, I just checked Wikipedia and read that geodes sometimes show up in lava formations. It also mentions the Keokuk, Iowa area where I went as a kid to visit my grandparents (50 years ago). My cousins and I would go back into the woods and search the stream beds for geodes and fossils. I still have a boxful of geodes and sandstone rocks with fossilized sea creatures.

I occasionally spend time in the Tucson area, and I'm an avid hiker/backpacker. I may check this place out!

Edited by simplybill

As far as giving the exact location of the site, hu12c.jpg

sfy... the link didn't come through. Do you have another? I'd like to see where this is.

There are lots of claims of strange things, but none of them seem to pan out. Here we have something that is not that unusual - a vow of silence which simply states that you'll have to trust our stories and you are not going to get any real evidence. It's like the claims about secret societies where the rumor is based on a partial leak of information.

I am bound by an agreement with the handful of others who have visited the area. 12ce9.jpg

reptilicus Member Since 23 Apr 2013 Offline Last Active Apr 24 2013 08:45 PM

Trallalla.

So that's what makes it seem hinky to you? His absence and not the "I found a Star Gate but totes can't say where" claim?

--Jaylemurph

Those old star gates are interesting things. The general area that one is in an area that seems to be in a flux of change. To say it would be dangerous to the unaware is an understatement. The very nature of that mountain range is difficult and when you add in the element of change, not meaning typical desert related hazards[ flash flood, dark narrow/winding canyons, sinks (dry quick sand), water rarity, extreme heat, coyotes (2 legged) and other not so nice folks, etc], there are the things that can make a "normal" person outside of their comfort zone react badly. Sudden fear can get you in a world of hurt very fast.

What most people don't realize is those star gates are very old. Not just a few hundred or thousand years, but much older. They stay in place despite what happens to the area geologically or in the case of a deluge, under water. They maintain a place in a higher dimension and can be seen there, but with this current time, that may not be the case in this reality. Most the time they aren't seen. People do disappear, never to be heard from again. And where they go can literally be anywhere. It depends on what time period the gate was showing at the time.

There are many, many of these old star gates. They can be found everywhere on the planet. They have been used to escape disasters and you can see the results of that throughout our history. As the gates can go forward and back ward in time you can see significant jumps in technology and scientific knowledge where there might not be any otherwise. We can see the results whether in ancient Ionia or Chaco Canyon, Giza, and many others. Then think about those oddities that show up in mining or old fossil beds.Or the human footprints along side dinosaur tracks in various places around the world. The list goes on and on.

There's much of our history that's been hidden. It will be interesting as the truth comes out and what it shows us.

Those old star gates are interesting things. The general area that one is in an area that seems to be in a flux of change. To say it would be dangerous to the unaware is an understatement. The very nature of that mountain range is difficult and when you add in the element of change, not meaning typical desert related hazards[ flash flood, dark narrow/winding canyons, sinks (dry quick sand), water rarity, extreme heat, coyotes (2 legged) and other not so nice folks, etc], there are the things that can make a "normal" person outside of their comfort zone react badly. Sudden fear can get you in a world of hurt very fast.

What most people don't realize is those star gates are very old. Not just a few hundred or thousand years, but much older. They stay in place despite what happens to the area geologically or in the case of a deluge, under water. They maintain a place in a higher dimension and can be seen there, but with this current time, that may not be the case in this reality. Most the time they aren't seen. People do disappear, never to be heard from again. And where they go can literally be anywhere. It depends on what time period the gate was showing at the time.

There are many, many of these old star gates. They can be found everywhere on the planet. They have been used to escape disasters and you can see the results of that throughout our history. As the gates can go forward and back ward in time you can see significant jumps in technology and scientific knowledge where there might not be any otherwise. We can see the results whether in ancient Ionia or Chaco Canyon, Giza, and many others. Then think about those oddities that show up in mining or old fossil beds.Or the human footprints along side dinosaur tracks in various places around the world. The list goes on and on.

There's much of our history that's been hidden. It will be interesting as the truth comes out and what it shows us.

I imagine your lack of irony and difficulty telling fiction, such as Star Gates, and fact apart makes you uniquely attractive to sales people, con men and Jehovah's Witnesses. I myself have been selected by the city of New York to sell off a noted major landmark, by which a savvy fellow like yourself stands to make a considerable windfall. If you could just PM me with your credit card number and SSN, we can get this deal started.

--Jaylemurph

• Like 1

Sorry Jay, being a New Yorker, have no interest in buying ye old Brooklyn bridge. Last I knew it belonged to NYC.

Fiction doesn't eat you Jay. Removing a wedding ring from a shred of what was once was a man and giving it to the local sheriff to return to deceased's wife was no fiction for her.

Wonder what you would do hearing a giant dragon fly for the 1st time. Sounds a lot like a giant mosquito crossed with a big humming bird. By the way they are very curious.

Did you know if you ride a giant sloth that they have a really funky goo/lanolin in their skin that smells like sulfur and does build up on your jeans. Tougher to get out than the stuff that rubs off horses when you bareback ride.

Or that when there is serious problem with the gate and the temporal time adjustment means that one day(about 8 hours being there) in one place means two weeks or more in this time. A year there can be a lifetime here and you wonder what happens to people sometimes that mysteriously show back up many years later, not aged a day.

I haven't mentioned the book that was taken from me. That came from the one time in the future got to do. Hope to find it someday and return it. Haven't seen it in years, but things have a way of coming back to me. Also hope some of the other things taken come back, they are my proof.

All around us there is evidence of the truth. Sudden jumps in technology throughout the world at various times throughout our so called history. Real history can be down right strange when it's known.

Sorry Jay, being a New Yorker, have no interest in buying ye old Brooklyn bridge. Last I knew it belonged to NYC.

Fiction doesn't eat you Jay. Removing a wedding ring from a shred of what was once was a man and giving it to the local sheriff to return to deceased's wife was no fiction for her.

Wonder what you would do hearing a giant dragon fly for the 1st time. Sounds a lot like a giant mosquito crossed with a big humming bird. By the way they are very curious.

Did you know if you ride a giant sloth that they have a really funky goo/lanolin in their skin that smells like sulfur and does build up on your jeans. Tougher to get out than the stuff that rubs off horses when you bareback ride.

Or that when there is serious problem with the gate and the temporal time adjustment means that one day(about 8 hours being there) in one place means two weeks or more in this time. A year there can be a lifetime here and you wonder what happens to people sometimes that mysteriously show back up many years later, not aged a day.

I haven't mentioned the book that was taken from me. That came from the one time in the future got to do. Hope to find it someday and return it. Haven't seen it in years, but things have a way of coming back to me. Also hope some of the other things taken come back, they are my proof.

All around us there is evidence of the truth. Sudden jumps in technology throughout the world at various times throughout our so called history. Real history can be down right strange when it's known.

You'll never reach tragic pathos through this melodramatic dreck. And you can kiss anyone taking you seriously after that post.

--jaylemurph

• 4 weeks later...

Wow, I've never heard of "natural" wormholes on Earth other than the possible micro singularities at giant accelerator labs like the LHC. ;}

What could create it?!?! Is antimatter being radiated from nearby features causing high revolving em fields causing wormhole, some kind of spinning superconductive materials (Podletkov effect?) focusing gravity waves and creating a tunnel through the normal spacetime aether, or something else entirely???! (like a glitch in the matrix!) 8} ;o}

Yes, I believe you ravengrendor. If you got out in a dino time frame and a big ol' allosauros was sitting there waiting for a meal, you wouldn't last long.

Things like this could explain the many of out of place artifacts out there in the world. Yes it would explain a lot actually. Oh yes! Even some of the crypto creature or lazarus taxonomy that's happened. Think of it! You could bring back the Dodo birds or the New Zealand Mao toothed birds!

If I recall correctly, the (author and MI6 spy) Ivan Sanderson wrote about stuff like this. Something tells me he knew something about stuff like this and put some of it in his books. Oh yeah, I think he knew some things. ;)

I love the "compass goes wild, must be something that is affecting the laws of physics" and not "magnesite in the stone".

Dunno how common it is anywhere else, but here in Oz we've actually got a tourist attraction (no pun intended) called "Magnetic Island" so called because of the prevalence of magnesite threw Captain Cook's compasses into a spin when he was simply sailing past. Cook's response was "hmm, that's interesting, better find out what's causing it" rather then "OMFG ALIEN STAR GATE!!". And people say with a straight face we're smarter today then we were 200 odd years ago.

• Like 4