Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

Next 100 years and beyond

• Please log in to reply
85 replies to this topic

#16    Nefer-Ankhe

Nefer-Ankhe

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 165 posts

• "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder".

Posted 27 April 2013 - 04:04 AM

For example  it wont be long before we can use energy fields for housing furnoture etc and create clothing etc using pure energy basic raw materials and templates on a home computer

However, eventually (hypothetically speaking) we will ran out of important resources, which are necessities for our maintenance and survival on planet Earth. Just for an example, the continuous extraction and contamination of water, will ultimately lead to minimal healthy, fresh water supplies and access, therefor contaminating the agricultural industries, causing a shortage of food supplies, ultimately resulting in starvation, desperation, poverty and loss in many human lives.

Alternative energy sources will not be able to 'save' or maintain us as a whole, whilst the continuous growth in the worlds population is still currently in place. Especially those within in, the less fortunate third world countries, whom are susceptible to experience the worst of all of this ^.

As you can see one things leads to another, the ripple affect, as it's commonly known as, though this is all hypothetical, of course. We can predict what will happen in the next 100 years or so, however we can not know for certain what will happen.

"It is of course the height of irony that, after this intensive campaign to expunge them from the annals of Egypt, the Amarna pharaohs are today probably the most recognized of all the country's ancient rulers."

--- from Amarna Sunset, Aidan Dodson.

#17    Mr Walker

Mr Walker

Forum Divinity

• 15,052 posts

• Sometimes the Phantom leaves the jungle, and walks the streets of the city like an ordinary man.

Posted 27 April 2013 - 02:00 PM

View PostNefer-Ankhe, on 27 April 2013 - 04:04 AM, said:

However, eventually (hypothetically speaking) we will ran out of important resources, which are necessities for our maintenance and survival on planet Earth. Just for an example, the continuous extraction and contamination of water, will ultimately lead to minimal healthy, fresh water supplies and access, therefor contaminating the agricultural industries, causing a shortage of food supplies, ultimately resulting in starvation, desperation, poverty and loss in many human lives.

Alternative energy sources will not be able to 'save' or maintain us as a whole, whilst the continuous growth in the worlds population is still currently in place. Especially those within in, the less fortunate third world countries, whom are susceptible to experience the worst of all of this ^.

As you can see one things leads to another, the ripple affect, as it's commonly known as, though this is all hypothetical, of course. We can predict what will happen in the next 100 years or so, however we can not know for certain what will happen.
Dont worry too much about over population. It is almost a thing of the past, although the large number of young people in the third world will push world pop up a bit more yet.

The earth has plenty of water aso; it is fresh water we lack. With renewable energies we can clean and desalinate fresh water in plenty of quantity.

The real problem is dividing the earths resources equitably. The average austalian uses something like 6.6 hectares of the earth's surface to sustain themselves, I manage about half that, but most third world people use less than an acre. ANd if they are to have even a reasonable standard of living, ours will have to use less resources. But that is not a bad thing. We are terribly wasteful with our resources at present.

Edited by Mr Walker, 27 April 2013 - 02:13 PM.

You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars; you have a right to be here. And whether or not it is clear to you, no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should.

Therefore be at peace with God, whatever you conceive Him to be, and whatever your labors and aspirations, in the noisy confusion of life keep peace with your soul.

With all its sham, drudgery and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world..

Be cheerful.

Strive to be happy.

#18    third_eye

third_eye

_ M Ġ ń Ř Ī Ş_

• 7,106 posts

• "Legio nomen mihi est, quia multi sumus"

God has no religion ~ Mahatma Gandhi

Posted 27 April 2013 - 04:52 PM

View PostMr Walker, on 27 April 2013 - 02:00 PM, said:

~snip

The real problem is dividing the earths resources equitably. The average austalian uses something like 6.6 hectares of the earth's surface to sustain themselves, I manage about half that, but most third world people use less than an acre. ANd if they are to have even a reasonable standard of living, ours will have to use less resources. But that is not a bad thing. We are terribly wasteful with our resources at present.

That is a problem that is not getting anywhere near acceptable anymore, you are far more optimistic than I, that's for sure.
My problem is that many takes that 'its gonna be alright for me so everyone might as well be alright like me'

It's never going to end up that way. Whenever the topic of resources pops up it is always an equitably issue, by whose and what standards do we measure "resources equitably shared" >?

Nobody is even thinking about the future generation's 'share' anymore I don't think, we are already on borrowed time, and I'm one of the more moderate pessimistic. :tu:

' ... life and death carry on as they always have ~ and always will, only the dreamer is gone ~ behind the flow of imagination, beyond any effort to be still
dancing in the ebb and flow of attention, more present than the breath, I find the origins of my illusions, only the dreamer is gone ~ the dream never ends
'

GIFTS WITH NO GIVER - a love affair with truth ~ Poems by Nirmala

third_eye ' s cavern ~ bring own beer

#19    Mr Walker

Mr Walker

Forum Divinity

• 15,052 posts

• Sometimes the Phantom leaves the jungle, and walks the streets of the city like an ordinary man.

Posted 27 April 2013 - 10:09 PM

View Postthird_eye, on 27 April 2013 - 04:52 PM, said:

That is a problem that is not getting anywhere near acceptable anymore, you are far more optimistic than I, that's for sure.
My problem is that many takes that 'its gonna be alright for me so everyone might as well be alright like me'

It's never going to end up that way. Whenever the topic of resources pops up it is always an equitably issue, by whose and what standards do we measure "resources equitably shared" >?

Nobody is even thinking about the future generation's 'share' anymore I don't think, we are already on borrowed time, and I'm one of the more moderate pessimistic. :tu:
You are right. I am optimistic. in part because of the eras i have lived through (eg we survived the cold war the cuban missile crisis and the worst effects of the population explosion); and in part because all my life i have been a fan of both science and science fiction.,but it is the attitudes of people that must change There simply is no need for us to have such a waseful materialistic and disposable based society (and more to the point it IS unsustainable)  I do my best to reduce my ecological foot print, but more importantly I share what  i am fortunate to have from living in a western society with others. So my wife and i support individuals and communities in the third world with; meals for young children, education, water and sanitation, food gardens, and  small business loans for women.

This amounts to about a third of my after tax income, or 20000 dollars a year. I still live very comfortably, but not wastefully, and in my  working life have spent nearly a million dollars improving the lives of others. But it doesnt take that much. If everyone in the developed world spent about 5% of their income on improving the lives of third world people, there would be no starvation/malnutrition and almost none of the diseases they suffer because of poor water supplies and sanitation.

You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars; you have a right to be here. And whether or not it is clear to you, no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should.

Therefore be at peace with God, whatever you conceive Him to be, and whatever your labors and aspirations, in the noisy confusion of life keep peace with your soul.

Be cheerful.

Strive to be happy.

#20    third_eye

third_eye

_ M Ġ ń Ř Ī Ş_

• 7,106 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 10:54 PM

View PostMr Walker, on 27 April 2013 - 10:09 PM, said:

You are right. I am optimistic. in part because of the eras i have lived through (eg we survived the cold war the cuban missile crisis and the worst effects of the population explosion); and in part because all my life i have been a fan of both science and science fiction.,but it is the attitudes of people that must change There simply is no need for us to have such a waseful materialistic and disposable based society (and more to the point it IS unsustainable)  I do my best to reduce my ecological foot print, but more importantly I share what  i am fortunate to have from living in a western society with others. So my wife and i support individuals and communities in the third world with; meals for young children, education, water and sanitation, food gardens, and  small business loans for women.

This amounts to about a third of my after tax income, or 20000 dollars a year. I still live very comfortably, but not wastefully, and in my  working life have spent nearly a million dollars improving the lives of others. But it doesnt take that much. If everyone in the developed world spent about 5% of their income on improving the lives of third world people, there would be no starvation/malnutrition and almost none of the diseases they suffer because of poor water supplies and sanitation.

HAts off to ye Mr Walker ... can't say I'd be as generous if I were holding that wad of cash, not doing so well on that front mostly because I don't try hard enough.
Get something going in the neighborhood to plant more trees, shrubs or plants is as far as I can handle at the moment.
Wanted to join in this little sort out but didn't have the financial means :

Astro Kasih Volunteer Divers Set a New GUINNESS WORLD RECORDS™ title for the Longest Underwater Clean Up link

Tun Zaki Tun Azmi, Chairman of Astro also added “Today’s achievement of over 168 consecutive hours of underwater clean up is truly what it is all about. I can see our collection of hopes and dreams for marine conservation and a cleaner environment is what drives and motivates each of the divers here today.Thanks to the commitment of the 134 divers to marine conservation, you have made it possible for Malaysia and Malaysians to celebrate the GUINNESS WORLD RECORDS™ title for the Longest underwater clean up.”

you tube lists of the attempt link

' ... life and death carry on as they always have ~ and always will, only the dreamer is gone ~ behind the flow of imagination, beyond any effort to be still
dancing in the ebb and flow of attention, more present than the breath, I find the origins of my illusions, only the dreamer is gone ~ the dream never ends
'

#21    Mr Walker

Mr Walker

Forum Divinity

• 15,052 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 11:33 PM

View Postthird_eye, on 27 April 2013 - 10:54 PM, said:

HAts off to ye Mr Walker ... can't say I'd be as generous if I were holding that wad of cash, not doing so well on that front mostly because I don't try hard enough.
Get something going in the neighborhood to plant more trees, shrubs or plants is as far as I can handle at the moment.
Wanted to join in this little sort out but didn't have the financial means :

Astro Kasih Volunteer Divers Set a New GUINNESS WORLD RECORDS™ title for the Longest Underwater Clean Up link

you tube lists of the attempt link
Yes the one thing I am short of is time (day time anyway) Or may be I am just anti social :innocent:  but i really admire people who give of themselves to make a difference. I work earn, money and give it away, because I love my work and am good at it, but volunteering time directly is just as valuable.

Edited by Mr Walker, 28 April 2013 - 12:02 AM.

Be cheerful.

Strive to be happy.

#22    Nefer-Ankhe

Nefer-Ankhe

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 165 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 01:02 AM

Dont worry too much about over population. It is almost a thing of the past, although the large number of young people in the third world will push world pop up a bit more yet.

It's almost a thing of the past? Since 1974 the Earth's population has almost doubled. Last year it rose from 6billion to 7billion and it's expected to hit 10billion within the next 50 years, let alone contemplating the Earth's population within the next 100 years!

With such a rapid increase in population, how do you suggest, we are going to stay substantiated, with the rapid decrease in resources?

I'm not concluding a total extinction of the human species, instead a real downfall in overall economy.

Edited by Nefer-Ankhe, 28 April 2013 - 01:03 AM.

"It is of course the height of irony that, after this intensive campaign to expunge them from the annals of Egypt, the Amarna pharaohs are today probably the most recognized of all the country's ancient rulers."

#23    third_eye

third_eye

_ M Ġ ń Ř Ī Ş_

• 7,106 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 07:45 AM

I think the term they're using nowadays is "The World As We Know It"

That world will end ... one day ... whether the system goes first before the structure , who knows.

Come to thiink of it ... who is this 'we' that they are referring to ?

'

#24    Nefer-Ankhe

Nefer-Ankhe

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 165 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 07:51 AM

I think the term they're using nowadays is "The World As We Know It"

...And were meant to accept "The World As We Know It"? Because I don't particularly, like "The World As We Know It".

#25    Mr Walker

Mr Walker

Forum Divinity

• 15,052 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 11:06 AM

View PostNefer-Ankhe, on 28 April 2013 - 01:02 AM, said:

It's almost a thing of the past? Since 1974 the Earth's population has almost doubled. Last year it rose from 6billion to 7billion and it's expected to hit 10billion within the next 50 years, let alone contemplating the Earth's population within the next 100 years!

With such a rapid increase in population, how do you suggest, we are going to stay substantiated, with the rapid decrease in resources?

I'm not concluding a total extinction of the human species, instead a real downfall in overall economy.

Already almost every country in the developed world  has a fertility level below replacement level .Ie not having enough babies to replace the existing population. Every woman must have a average of 2.1 children to replace her and  one male. Japans fertility is something like 1.1 for example. By 2050 the whole world's fertilty level will be below replacement level. The pop will continue to rise for another decade or two because of the number of young people in the developing world and because we are living longer but basically, after that the real problem will be very old populations, and declining popuations.

Many countries in the western world  already have a declining populations and others only maintain population through immigration. It's the fifth stage of transition theory in demographics and happens because many forces cause women to have fewer children.

In 1960 the club of rome predicted the world population by  the year 2000 would be 12 billion.  this did not happen, because birth rates have dropped so quickly all around the world, compared with the past. No one realised that this would happen, let alone so quickly, as many social, economic, and other conditions, changed rapidly .

Tthis website shows current fertility levels for all countries in the world, starting with the highest. Read down it until you get to 2.1 and 2.2 That is the level below which a population will begin to decrease rather than increase.

https://www.cia.gov/...r/2127rank.html

This source shows how world fertility has dropped from 5 children per woman in 1960 to less tha 2.5 children per woman in the world in 2010, and is continuing to trend down to below replacement level.

https://www.google.c...fertility rates

This article explains it simply and clearly but in detail.

http://www.theglobal...ing-babies/573/

Edited by Mr Walker, 28 April 2013 - 11:19 AM.

Be cheerful.

Strive to be happy.

#26    Nefer-Ankhe

Nefer-Ankhe

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 165 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 11:40 AM

That is another major point ^^, the developed countries have a below averagefertility rate, whilst all this being accounted for majorly by the developing countries, which I expect have an above average fertility rate!

Why must every woman have 1-2 children, in order to replace her and her spouse? Why must we continuously exceed in population, when ultimately it will result in the deterioration of economy?

Why do we want these third world countries, to continue to grow in populace, when they clearly cannot support themselves?

Further thought, such a major, growing population within these third world countries, is probably the source and a major contributing factor as to why they cannot support themselves.

#27    third_eye

third_eye

_ M Ġ ń Ř Ī Ş_

• 7,106 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 11:41 AM

THe world is not linked to numbers ... some times all it takes is one, most times millions are not enough ...

The break down of the world infra structure isn't reliant on one isolated factor alone, and any 'one' of the many inter connected reliant or dependent factors failing pretty much means fail in the end.

'

#28    Mr Walker

Mr Walker

Forum Divinity

• 15,052 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 12:16 PM

View PostNefer-Ankhe, on 28 April 2013 - 11:40 AM, said:

That is another major point ^^, the developed countries have a below averagefertility rate, whilst all this being accounted for majorly by the developing countries, which I expect have an above average fertility rate!

Why must every woman have 1-2 children, in order to replace her and her spouse? Why must we continuously exceed in population, when ultimately it will result in the deterioration of economy?

Why do we want these third world countries, to continue to grow in populace, when they clearly cannot support themselves?

Further thought, such a major, growing population within these third world countries, is probably the source and a major contributing factor as to why they cannot support themselves.
Yes developing countries have higher fertility but they are coming down rapidly.  However, look at it this way. A generation takes about 30 years. If world  fertility fell to that of japan or many other countries, then our population could drop  from 9 billion to 3 billion in 60 years.  In some ways that would be good but the problem is the imbalance between young and older people and between those generating wealth and those consuming it ie retired peopleand pensioners with high medical and social costs. Continue such a trend and in another 60 years the  world population would be down to 750 million. Another 60 years and it ould be less than 200 milion in total.

That is; it is more than feasible that, by 2150 the worlds population could be back to where it was a thousand years ago. Now while that might be a good thing for the earth, the period of transition in such a rapid decline would be far more catastrophic for humanity than our rapid growth was.

A couple of salient points. from one site i quoted

http://www.theglobal...ing-babies/573/

Given that there is a lag of about 30 years, one generation, between the time a country’s reproductive rate falls below replacement level and the time it begins to decline, Japan’s population now is falling. And the rate of decline is increasing sharply.
By the turn of the century, according to the UN’s Population Division projections, Japan’s population will most likely fall by a quarter. And this projection may well be understating things. The current rate of reproduction would see Japan’s population more than halve, from around 125 million in 2010 to about 55 million in 2100.
And as we know, as birth rates decline in a country, the average age of its citizens increases. In 2010, the median age of the Japanese was 44.7. If it maintains its current low fertility rate, the median age will be 56 by 2050, and 60.4 by 2100.
If you want to understand why Japan’s economy has remained flat despite repeated efforts at economic stimulus over the past 20 years, and also predict the likely outcome of the latest huge effort at stimulus, taking a quick look at the country’s demographic profile is a good way to start.

The most extreme is Singapore, which is now one of the most crowded places on Earth, but which could be much emptier soon, unless its people lift their fertility rate from its current 0.78.
At that rate, without immigration, by 2100, three generations from now, Singapore’s population would be down more than 90 per cent, from the current 5.2 million to well under half a million, mostly geriatric, citizens.

No doubt the world’s population has to decline to be sustainable in the long term, says Peter McDonald, professor of demography at the Australian National University and president of the International Union for the Scientific Study of Population. But it has to decline in an orderly way.

“Countries need to have a birth rate not too far from replacement level, somewhere in the 1.7 to 2.0 area. Once you drop below that, you cause too much damage to your age structure,” he says.
In other words, you have too many old people for the young people to support.
“If you have a birth rate of one,” he says, “that means your population falls by half in one generation, which is about 30 years. After three generations you’re down to one-eighth of your starting population. And one-sixteenth after four.
“If the Japanese keep their birthrate where it is they’ll quickly become extinct.”
“Equally, if you’re much above two and you’re a big country, you’re growing way too much.”

Edited by Mr Walker, 28 April 2013 - 12:24 PM.

Be cheerful.

Strive to be happy.

#29    Mr Right Wing

Mr Right Wing

Poltergeist

• Banned
  • 2,924 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 12:23 PM

View Postdreamland, on 25 April 2013 - 06:17 AM, said:

What you think will happen in next 100 years and beyond? Will we finally know the real truth behind ancient mysteries like ufo's, crop circles, ancient places like stonehenge or pyramids in giza, and who we really are? The proof is there, but what is the purpose? Why there is so many questions and not too many answers? Does our ancestors are trying to tell us something? Whats your opinion?

The ancient Indians were very much into their sci-fi. If you ever get a copy of their Vedic Texts translated into English you'll release they contain stories similar to watching Star Wars films. What is odd about them is that they talk about things which ancient people shouldnt know about such as time dialation from traveling close to light-speed. Even stranger is they contain blueprints and descriptions for building the spaceships and explanations of how their propulsion units work. I think you'll find the Nazis trip to Tibet was to recover a copy of the blueprints and WW2 oddly enough contains the first modern reports of UFOs in Germany. Or to give them their proper name from the period - foo fighters.

The Vedic Texts say that gravity doesnt exist. They say that the attraction between two opposite magnetic charges is more powerful than the repuslion between two like charges. Therefore there is a net magnetic attraction between all atoms in the universe and this is being mistaken for gravity. In physics experiments we can even should you that magnetic fields curve-spacetime by detecting time-dialations. The difference is that its millions of times stronger in magnetic fields than the small difference between charges (gravity).

Hence we already have the technology to built a working warpdrive.

#30    onereaderone

onereaderone

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 378 posts

• interfacing transdimentional inverse mobius feed back loop

Posted 28 April 2013 - 12:31 PM

the  simple  answer  is  most  often  the  hardest  to  understand  or  beleive .

our  problems   are  not  the  ones  we  need  to  worry about .   population  will  fix  itself , rich  people  do  not have babys   like  poor  people ...   the  poor  will  over  run  the  rich...   and  create  more  poverty .

technology  will  advance...  and  disappear ...  because  people  disappear,  and  with  them  the  knowledge .

the  past  shows  us  that  the  stupid  people  run  everything ...  the  smart  people  are  punished  for  being  smart...
and  the  greater  your  honor ,  the  greater  the  shame  you will  endure ....

islam  will  crush  every  thing  good  in  the  world,  and  god  will  turn  his  back  on  all  who  remain .
unless ...  women  wake  up  and  fight  back ...  men  build  the  devices ...  women  run  the  world ,  this  issue  is  up  to  women.

if  islam  has  its  way ,  kiss  anything  like  future  being  better  good  by .

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users