Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Teenager arrested for doodling

• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

#31    Gummug

Gummug

Poltergeist

• 2,314 posts

• "There are more things in heaven and earth than are dreamt of in your philosophy" -- Shakespeare

Posted 03 January 2013 - 04:21 AM

View PostEonwe, on 31 December 2012 - 05:07 PM, said:

I knew this kid in my US Government class who would sit there and draw guns.

He was a really nice kid, but just very quiet. I'd be the first one done in class and sit there and read Kant, spotting him doodling away.

People always joked that he'd shoot up the school, but I didn't think that was the case just because he doodled guns.

I doodled swords, but did that mean I'd come to school and try to create a massacre with a scimitar?

This case doesn't surprise me, though. Expect more of these policies and anti-gun behavior of this kind.
When I was in high school I used to doodle handguns all the time (and Spider-man and The Avengers and what-not). Of course that was over 40 years ago. I doubt I could get by with that today, at least not in a big city.

Posted Image

#32    Drayno

Drayno

Reverend Dudemeister

• 3,679 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 05:52 AM

View PostGummug, on 03 January 2013 - 04:21 AM, said:

When I was in high school I used to doodle handguns all the time (and Spider-man and The Avengers and what-not). Of course that was over 40 years ago. I doubt I could get by with that today, at least not in a big city.

Honestly? Probably. I used to draw guns too. Really far-fetched, exaggerated guns. Similar to what this kid drew.

"One leader, one people, signifies one master and millions of slaves." - Camus

#33    Gummug

Gummug

Poltergeist

• 2,314 posts

• "There are more things in heaven and earth than are dreamt of in your philosophy" -- Shakespeare

Posted 03 January 2013 - 06:05 AM

View PostSimbi Laveau, on 02 January 2013 - 03:32 AM, said:

The patriot act is used daily over here ,and it doesn't make the news at all.
The fact these cops looked like fools in the end ,shows they didn't want it to get any press ,and it was white washed .
They also didn't release the kids name ,to keep the lawsuits from abounding ,which they probably will anyway .

http://www.straight....-terrorism-ones

The patriot act was used here too . Did anyone here hear of it ,given how messed up it was...
Nope.
http://www.murthalaw...raction-airport
That is an outrage and of course the MSM will never report on that!

Posted Image

#34    Gummug

Gummug

Poltergeist

• 2,314 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 06:10 AM

View PostEonwe, on 03 January 2013 - 05:52 AM, said:

Honestly? Probably. I used to draw guns too. Really far-fetched, exaggerated guns. Similar to what this kid drew.
I mostly drew Colt SAA's (somewhat a cowboy/western fan) and Walther P-38 look-alikes (I was a fan of "The Man from U.N.C.L.E." before it got all campy. That really shows my age!).

Posted Image

#35    Orcseeker

Orcseeker

Poltergeist

• 2,729 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 06:31 AM

View PostDieChecker, on 01 January 2013 - 08:27 PM, said:

He'll be on the No Fly List now too.

He won't be able to contest it will he? Otherwise disgusting abuse of human rights right here. I don't know what I'd do if I lost the right to go on a plane. Not that I often do but my future life plans revolve around needing that.

#36    Drayno

Drayno

Reverend Dudemeister

• 3,679 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 07:04 AM

View PostGummug, on 03 January 2013 - 06:10 AM, said:

I mostly drew Colt SAA's (somewhat a cowboy/western fan) and Walther P-38 look-alikes (I was a fan of "The Man from U.N.C.L.E." before it got all campy. That really shows my age!).

It was always Tommy Guns for me. I just liked the shape. I'd always add a flamethrower here or there. :P

#37    OverSword

OverSword

Forum Divinity

• 12,652 posts

• When the power of love overcomes the love of power then humanity can evolve

Posted 03 January 2013 - 07:39 PM

The real reason this kind of thing happens is that by the time this guy is in his 40's people his age will take it as a matter of course that you draw a picture of a gun and the police break down your door and tear your home apart looking for proof that terrorism is happening here. Who are the real terrorists?  The government.

#38    iNvRG

iNvRG

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 82 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 07:52 PM

Things as absurd as this will taint this kids future, and some wonder why people just snap. What I don't get is how can police even get a search warrant over a piece of art? isn't art defended under the first amendment?

"We as humans believe in a superior being because we as humans can not comprehend the magnitude of our own existence"

#39    Artaxerxes

Artaxerxes

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 295 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 08:05 PM

When I was in high school I had guns, knives, spearguns, and bows and arrows.   Why?  Because I hunted and fished and spearfished when I was a kid in high school.   Does that make me a bad person?  

Art

#40    Yamato

Yamato

Forum Divinity

• 10,412 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 08:14 PM

View PostSimbi Laveau, on 02 January 2013 - 03:32 AM, said:

The patriot act is used daily over here ,and it doesn't make the news at all.
The fact these cops looked like fools in the end ,shows they didn't want it to get any press ,and it was white washed .
They also didn't release the kids name ,to keep the lawsuits from abounding ,which they probably will anyway .

http://www.straight....-terrorism-ones

The patriot act was used here too . Did anyone here hear of it ,given how messed up it was...
Nope.
http://www.murthalaw...raction-airport
While unfortunate, I don't see how the Patriot Act was used.  As if bad policing and civil liberties violations weren't already rampant before October 2001.

Used daily?   No.   It's not needed; and that's a hallmark of any piece of bad legislation.

"To deny people their human rights is to challenge their very humanity.   To impose on them a wretched life of hunger and deprivation is to dehumanize them." ~ Nelson Mandela

#41    Lava_Lady

Lava_Lady

Official UM Asylum Resident

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,832 posts

• Wha? /:0\

Posted 03 January 2013 - 08:35 PM

Geez, I still doodle violent things.  It's like therapy for me... sitting in a meeting, holding my tongue so that i don't start going off on one of my idiot co-workers, I'll sketch out a she-demon (me) that is raging angry ripping off heads n such.

I guess I better not show anyone my note pad.... :whistle:   Might go to jail. :cry:

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in the mind at the same time, and still retain the ability to function."  - F. Scott Fitzgerald

#42    Gummug

Gummug

Poltergeist

• 2,314 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 09:01 PM

View PostEonwe, on 03 January 2013 - 07:04 AM, said:

It was always Tommy Guns for me. I just liked the shape. I'd always add a flamethrower here or there. :P
You know the Army used Tommy Guns in WWII, right? Then they got replaced pretty much by the so-called "grease guns" because they were waaaay cheaper to make. The Tommy Gun was not cheap! I think they sell (or did) a semi-auto version for civilians.

Posted Image

#43    Gummug

Gummug

Poltergeist

• 2,314 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 09:03 PM

View PostiNvRG, on 03 January 2013 - 07:52 PM, said:

Things as absurd as this will taint this kids future, and some wonder why people just snap. What I don't get is how can police even get a search warrant over a piece of art? isn't art defended under the first amendment?
I guess art if defended, no matter how vile, nasty, and/or sacrilegious it is, unless it's a drawing of a weapon. Heaven (or is it hell?) forbid the peasants should think of defending themselves.

Posted Image

#44    Gummug

Gummug

Poltergeist

• 2,314 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 09:10 PM

I had a thought too, and I think this has been brought up before, but what if these are "test cases"? That is, the powers that be are seeing how we the people react to obvious infringements on our constitutional rights. If what we have seen so far is any indication, it doesn't look good for we the people...I think discussing it on the internet is a start, but we've got to get back to basics. Sometimes what's happening here in America, especially regarding the blossoming hostility towards religion, especially and perhaps almost exclusively Christianity, reminds me of what transpired during Hitler's early years.
I don't mean to derail this thread, but I thought this was interesting on the subject of political change:
http://stevereports....ning-in-the-us/

Posted Image

#45    Drayno

Drayno

Reverend Dudemeister

• 3,679 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 11:23 PM

View PostGummug, on 03 January 2013 - 09:01 PM, said:

You know the Army used Tommy Guns in WWII, right? Then they got replaced pretty much by the so-called "grease guns" because they were waaaay cheaper to make. The Tommy Gun was not cheap! I think they sell (or did) a semi-auto version for civilians.

It was widely the M1 Garand and Thompson Machine Gun. ;)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users