Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The Biggest Fear of Humanity

LiQuiD_FuSioN

I think humanity's biggest fear is that.. we're NORMAL...

1)

..that there is no "fancy" premise to how our existance came to be at all.

We naturally evolved over time, wars, growth, death.. history and myth.

What if we finally unveiled our so-called secrets after much complaining and it was to our suprise something ordinary? Or what if there was nothing at all and everything that we learned was true?

2)

Naturally, we want to know more about life. We refuse to believe that "so and so" isn't true. We know in our hearts that there is something more out there in our skies and beyond our galaxy.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• LiQuiD_FuSioN

• Odinson

• dreamhunter

• Silver Surfer

Death and afterlife is a strong one too.

Err.... even evolution is fantastic.. theres nothing ordinary about it. No matter how we were created.. its still amazing.

Yes i agree that we would be shocked to find that we are just another blip on the great screen of life...nothing special...

Another fear would be to find out that we were terribly wrong about something, like death...

I think we assume there actually is an afterlife and that we turn into spirits/ghosts etc.

What if our existance simply ceased?

See, that would be a reason to fear dieing.. we wouldn't exist anymore. Now, who would want that?

Offtopic:

I just love looking at this:

user posted image

..viewing Earth from outer space is simply breathtaking. It makes you imagine that anything is possible.

Look at how magnificent Earth is.. and simple humans were able to escape it's gravatational pull via a space shuttle. Simply amazing. And seeing all those galaxies and stars too. Wow.

My next topic: Life, the greatest enigma of all time.

hahahaha :P

haha really random...but i think the alien in the banner looks hooded, and the 1st thing he reminded me of is voldemort....pale snakelike face....idk if you read Harry Potter...but imagine if Voldemort is an alien :D

I think we assume there actually is an afterlife and that we turn into spirits/ghosts etc.

What if our existance simply ceased?

See, that would be a reason to fear dieing.. we wouldn't exist anymore. Now, who would want that?

I dunno, some people find it comforting to know that there is an end. I mean, if you think about it, infinity is a pretty amazing concept, and not always a happy one.

I'm looking forward to the afterlife though, so I guess that's not me. There are those who find solace in just an ending to all.

Regards, PA

well, if we just die and then END, it seems there would be no point to our lives. do animals and bugs have a point too? it is certainly possible. they are after all somewhat intelligent.

but since we are here discussing THE POINT then i believe we pass on into a new existance. it seems that "living" our lives in the ways that we live them, actually builds our spirit or soul. its like we start out with a child's perspective of right and wrong, of absolutes, and then grow old. in this process our spirit or soul "built" from what we make of our lives. like a canvas, that is shaped like you and me, and as we grow older and live our lives, that canvas is painted. that canvas comes to show God, what we have become. when i say "live" our lives i dont mean that if we become rich, its gonna show, but being rich and owning a lexus might make us overly proud and treat people badly. so that would show. maybe when we look at eachother we can see what eachother has become. but dont take me literally. we are not going to see a painting, i mean this figuratively of course.

peter

you know i was thinking about my last post and i was thinking that it is true. that we can look at eachother and see certain things. it has happened to me many times. when i am spritually in the "zone" i can see things with in people. its a feeling or emotion. im sure everyone has this occur and is completly natural.

you see, our souls go to a place outside of our understanding of time and space. maybe there is no time. if thats so, then there is no space, therefore no distance or size. just our spirits or souls "existing" they would all be in the exact same place but not of the same mind. some who did poorly on earth would be maybe "lost" to themselves and every other soul. so all of our spirits are even now in the same place. so it is reasonable to assume that since they are in the same place, we can interact with eachother in ways we cannot explain. maybe we dont even know that we are doing it or that we can even do it. maybe that is the phenomonem of astral projection. our consciousnesses all woven together.

so, the point of living is to understand what living is; an experience that is special and not to be wasted. even if one is unreligious they gotta see that there is a natural law of good. and it is a relative thing. relative to others. that is why Jesus wanted us to love our neighbors and our enemies.

heres an example: and i am talking about healthy minded people here, as there would be no-one to mess up the mind of the one person while growing up. and not born unhealthy either.

you live by yourself on earth. there is no one to wrong but yourself. you can still do wrong because there is you there to understand that what ever you are doing to yourself is wrong. i.e.> stabbing yourself with a knife. it hurts. and later on youll wish you never did that. hitting your dog. youll see that he is afraid afterwards and feel something. we are here and we see the effects of what we do, and correct our actions accordingly.

now you live on earth with 2 other people. they are your neigbors. one is your wife or mate. the other person kills your mate for what ever reason. how would you feel? bad i will bet. what about the other person? are you mad at them? yes, because they deprived you of something and you will miss it. so in your mind the other person did you a dis-service, and that act of killing becomes "wrong"

so this illustrates my point that there is somethning afterwards or there would be no reason to be here and be AWARE!

For the sake of all living things, good or evil, we can only hope that we may find our new way wheverever we go .. heaven or hell.. or a completely different realm when our physical bodies cease to exist.

Death is the number one fear of humanity, beyond anything like boredom, humiliation, or rejection. It is at the root of religious faith, many long-term ventures, and a significant amount of humanitarian or charitable organizations.

Death is the number one fear of humanity, beyond anything like boredom, humiliation, or rejection. It is at the root of religious faith, many long-term ventures, and a significant amount of humanitarian or charitable organizations.

:unsure: Got that right... ._.;

I don wanna die... :cry:

I think humanity's biggest fear is that.. we're NORMAL...

1)

..that there is no "fancy" premise to how our existance came to be at all.

We naturally evolved over time, wars, growth, death.. history and myth.

What if we finally unveiled our so-called secrets after much complaining and it was to our suprise something ordinary? Or what if there was nothing at all and everything that we learned was true?

2)

Naturally, we want to know more about life. We refuse to believe that "so and so" isn't true. We know in our hearts that there is something more out there in our skies and beyond our galaxy.

" weigh my memories then I shall cease to believe, show me the end of the universe and I will give up my faith" (anon circa 620ad)

"All we are is dust in the wind", this is true if you can look at humanity from the universal perspective. But if there is no afterlife how do you account for precognition and primordial memories. We all have these qualities and they argue effectively for a spiritual continuity. Call it afterlife if you like. " For those who believe in you O Lord, life does not end; it merely changes." (either T. Aquinas or Augustine, maybe)

Oh yeah, My greatest fear is that I am right about 2012 and the ensuring earth in upheaval.

Edited by jjtss

The afterlife is scary for me personally because i'm not certain on where i'll go or what i'll become. The mysteries of death is a fear that almost everyone holds.

our greatest fear is of what we do not know/understand, and of what we cannot control.

I think our greatest fear is perhaps not truly knowing and not being sure if theres an end, the fear of not being able to control our lives after we die, if there even is an after life for that matter.

-Mateo

Fear of the Unknown, and fear of death. Really, they're pretty much the same thing once you look at them. :)

Fear of the Unknown, and fear of death. Really, they're pretty much the same thing once you look at them. :)

Yea, I agree the Idea of not knowing whats after death is probably the ultimate curiosity and fear, not knowing if u can change anything about it, probably the fear of being helpless.

BabyloN is the greatest fear, for we have allowed its web to restrict evolutionary potential within each of us ~ splitting the atom is runner-up..