Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Demolition workers photograph ghost

Still Waters

Demolition workers were given a fright after photographing a ghostly figure peering through the window of a derelict Victorian guesthouse in Kendal, Cumbria.

The image is said to bear an eerie resemblance of Frances Grimshaw, who worked at the guesthouse and stood for hours at the same window taking bookings.

David Grimshaw, a former resident at the property, said he was convinced the figure is the ghost of his mother, who died nearly a year ago aged 87.

He believes her spirit may have appeared to protest at the demolition of Meadowbank House, which she adored.

arrow3.gifRead more...

Wow, that is quite a photo :yes:

Sure looks like someone is stood looking out the window, but no doubt there will be a more down to earth explanation :unsure2:

Reckon its gonna be worth keeping an eye on this one :yes: :yes:

It is not the normal ive got a photo of a ghost kinda post, which adds to the intrigue in my humble opinion :no: :no:

i think its a cool pic but nothing more, there way to many light aberations to consider..like looking through a window,looking through a window covered in mist and water looking through a window from outside causing glare ,not knowing what is inside the room exactly etc etc etc etc

I do see a reflection in the upper right of the photo of another building. Perhaps this is just a reflection of someone off camera just like the building reflection.

Definitely looks like a woman dressed in an old fashioned dress,if you believe in ghosts (as I do),it could be a real image,but no doubt the skeptics will be "at it" to give their opinions as always.Roll on death and we shall find out.May you be in heaven 10 minutes before the devil finds out that you're dead.

Definitely a ghost. I knew a clairvoyant when I was a teenager and she often used to tell us when ghosts of our ancestors were around. She was able to communicate with them and tell us facts that the ghosts had told her that she couldn't possibly have known herself. People are very protective of family property held by generations and will demonstrate this possessiveness even after death as is the case here.

looks like a ghost with his hand over his face. Like when you try to block out your face when someones taking a picture of you. and looks like an fashioned dressed man.

I do see a reflection in the upper right of the photo of another building. Perhaps this is just a reflection of someone off camera just like the building reflection.

It would be nice to get a picture of the view from where the window was so we can see what would have been behind the camera. This could help rule out or confirm a reflection.

On its own though it is still an intriguing photograph.

It looks like a man, wearing a red plaid shirt, looking out a foggy window. It looks absolutely nothing like a ghost...

It looks like a man, wearing a red plaid shirt, looking out a foggy window. It looks absolutely nothing like a ghost...

Enlighten us then, what does a ghost look like? ;)

Enlighten us then, what does a ghost look like? ;)

Well if that's a ghost, then we're all ghosts. :tu:

The demolition worker said he didnt notice the figure at the window until later when he was looking at the photo.

I wonder why he would take a photograph of the windows in the first place?..Did he take other photographs of other parts of the building, in which case it could have been for legitimate recording purposes or because he had a genuine interest in old buildings. If he only took this photograph I would be a little suspicious. If others were taken for a legitimate reason then I would have to say it is interesting. :)

The demolition worker said he didnt notice the figure at the window until later when he was looking at the photo.

I wonder why he would take a photograph of the windows in the first place?..Did he take other photographs of other parts of the building, in which case it could have been for legitimate recording purposes or because he had a genuine interest in old buildings. If he only took this photograph I would be a little suspicious. If others were taken for a legitimate reason then I would have to say it is interesting. :)

Demolition worker, Robert Johnson said: "We take photographs of buildings before we demolish them, this was just a routine picture."

There's also a video in this link -

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-16770489

looks like a smudge too me

Exactly , that's all i see as well.

• 3 months later...

Skeptics, believers, true, false, fact our fiction, doesn't matter. The second I saw that it was reported by the telegraph it lost all credibility to me. Is it a ghost? Could be. One of the demolition crew doing a final walk through? Makes sense. Photoshopped by a notoriously ”questionable” news outlet? A strong possibility.

The thing that gets me with pictures of "ghosts" is that they are mostly always dressed ?. I thought that when you died,you took nothing with you,no money,clothes,Nothing...so how are these apparitions dressed in clothes ?...If this had been a shadowy human figure I could believe it may be authentic,but I guess someone is "aving a larff"....

The image is said to bear an eerie resemblance of Frances Grimshaw
Definitely looks like a woman dressed in an old fashioned dress
It looks like a man, wearing a red plaid shirt, looking out a foggy window
looks like a ghost with his hand over his face. Like when you try to block out your face when someones taking a picture of you. and looks like an fashioned dressed man
MusicalProphecies'[/color]]looks like a smudge too me

Heh. That says it all really

When I looked at it I thought it looked like Benjamin Franklin holding his hand up to his face as if rubbing his eyes because he's tired.

Edited by Archimedes

looks kind of like a dude standing thre with one hand in his pocket and his face obscured by water on the window to me... could be a ghost, could be a guy just standing there, could be a reflection, could be a trick of the light... photos like this make it really easy for anybody to see what they want to see in it.