Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

Problems With Youtube?

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1    MedicTJ

MedicTJ

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,065 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 03:41 PM

I can't figure this out.  Does anyone experience an issue with Youtube where some videos will simply stop?  They will load up for me and I'll see it loading quickly...then it just dumps out completely and stops.  There's no loading graphic or anything.

I ran a speed test and my connection seems fine...about 15mbps or so...which should be more than adequate for Youtube.  Even if I switch the quality to the lowest setting, it still happens.

I have the computer set to scan twice a week and it's never found anything as far as malware or a virus would be concerned.

Scratching my head here.

Dr. Phil says that marriage is hard work.

I say....if marriage is hard work, you're doing it wrong.  Love is not work.  Love is eternal.

http://www.reverbnat...om/tjflickinger

#2    Child of Bast

Child of Bast

Queen of the UM Asylum

• 5,113 posts

• The Mad Hatter: "Have I gone mad?"
    Alice: "I'm afraid so. You're entirely bonkers.But I'll tell you a secret: all the best people are."

Posted 15 February 2013 - 03:43 PM

I have no issues with YouTube other than I'm not allowed access to the site after 9 AM here at work.

'A phantom,' said my Uncle Mycroft, who had just materialised, 'is essentially a heteromorphic wave pattern that gains solidity when the apparition converts thermal energy from the surroundings to visible light. It's a fascinating process and I'm amazed no one has thought of harnessing it - a holographic TV that could operate from the heat given off by an average-size guinea pig.' ~ First Among Sequels, Jasper Fforde

#3    StarMountainKid

StarMountainKid

Cheese

• 4,097 posts

• We have problems because we stray from what is innocent and pure.

Posted 15 February 2013 - 03:54 PM

The same problem happens to me lately. Usually, to start the video again just change the "quality" setting.  This problem just started recently for me, but it did occur last year for a while for me as well.

The acceptance of authority does not lead to intelligence.
A mind untouched by thought...the end of knowledge.
My credentials: http://www.unexplain...ic=87935&st=225

#4    Jackofalltrades

Jackofalltrades

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 747 posts

• Never put off until tomorrow what you can do today...
    As You don't know what tomorrow bring's.......

Posted 15 February 2013 - 03:58 PM

View PostMedicTJ, on 15 February 2013 - 03:41 PM, said:

I can't figure this out.  Does anyone experience an issue with Youtube where some videos will simply stop?  They will load up for me and I'll see it loading quickly...then it just dumps out completely and stops.  There's no loading graphic or anything.

Try upgrading your flashplayer...

I had similiar problem's to what You are having, upgraded flashplayer and since then it has worked fine so far...

Posted Image

#5    AsteroidX

AsteroidX

Government Agent

• 3,570 posts

• it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security

Posted 15 February 2013 - 04:32 PM

Try upgrading your flashplayer

This. Sometimes I have the videos freeze on me but I just hit play again and they start back up. Usually because Im tabbed out and just listening.

#6    Valdemar the Great

Valdemar the Great

Mainly Spherical in Shape

• 25,025 posts

• Vampires are people too.

Posted 15 February 2013 - 05:02 PM

View PostMedicTJ, on 15 February 2013 - 03:41 PM, said:

I ran a speed test and my connection seems fine...about 15mbps or so...which should be more than adequate for Youtube.  Even if I switch the quality to the lowest setting, it still happens.

I have the computer set to scan twice a week and it's never found anything as far as malware or a virus would be concerned.

Scratching my head here.
Oh yes, it quite often does it. You can try various things, I find refreshing it & going back to the point where it left off usually does it, I think it's a downloading problem. Or you can sometimes try changing the quality (if it's on 720, try going back to 480, for instance).

Life is a hideous business, and from the background behind what we know of it peer daemoniacal hints of truth which make it sometimes a thousandfold more hideous.

H. P. Lovecraft.

:cat:

#7    Vaise

Vaise

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 641 posts

• http://www.youtube.com/user/VaiseShepard/videos

Posted 15 February 2013 - 05:32 PM

If you use chrome try checking your flash plugins, i had multiple shockwave plugins which would cause youtube videos to stop, sputter and crash to check your chrome plugins type chrome://plugins/ into your URL bar and check to see how many shcokwave plugins there are. I deleted the old and left the newest. no problems since.

Otherwise you could try contacting there support pages

Posted Image

I’d rather trust and regret than doubt and regret:- Kirito

#8    Valdemar the Great

Valdemar the Great

• 25,025 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 05:37 PM

View PostVaise, on 15 February 2013 - 05:32 PM, said:

If you use chrome try checking your flash plugins, i had multiple shockwave plugins which would cause youtube videos to stop, sputter and crash to check your chrome plugins type chrome://plugins/ into your URL bar and check to see how many shcokwave plugins there are. I deleted the old and left the newest. no problems since.

Otherwise you could try contacting there support pages
I'd like to see someone manage to do that. All they have is a 'feedback' button where you can type a message, but it specifially says "we cannot reply individually, but thanks for your feedback!!". If they were owned by anyone other than a mighty globe-spanning megacorporation, I wonder if they might have any interest in customer service?

Life is a hideous business, and from the background behind what we know of it peer daemoniacal hints of truth which make it sometimes a thousandfold more hideous.

H. P. Lovecraft.

#9    Vaise

Vaise

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 641 posts

• http://www.youtube.com/user/VaiseShepard/videos

Posted 15 February 2013 - 05:50 PM

try here

https://productforum...watching-videos

may get a response for assistance if its from a user

Posted Image

I’d rather trust and regret than doubt and regret:- Kirito

#10    Bonecrusher

Bonecrusher

Facebook Fiend

• 1,113 posts

• Your blood's worth bottling!

Posted 15 February 2013 - 06:55 PM

I've been having the same problems too.

But that's mainly because I don't think I can download Flash Player on my I-Pad.
If I can't do it with Google Earth then I havn't got an earthly with Flash Player.

It dosn't really matter because despite the stopping and starting the YouTube vids are still watchable.
I think what the OP needs to do is give the video a chance to let the red line finish.
I honestly think that's why when I pause then play it comes to a grinding halt.
And I've noticed that the quality of the video on YouTube is a factor.
Because many Prisoner Cell Block H videos can run uninterrupted.

Some of these videos are submitted by amateurs so you need a fully accredited one based on a TV series or film.
I hope that helps but honestly if you've got a PC or laptop a Flash Player is sound advice.

Swindon Town:  Division Two Champions 2011-12.
Proud member of Macdonald's Red Army since 1989.
Up the Robins!

#11    Valdemar the Great

Valdemar the Great

• 25,025 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 08:33 PM

View PostMedium Brown, on 15 February 2013 - 06:55 PM, said:

I've been having the same problems too.

But that's mainly because I don't think I can download Flash Player on my I-Pad.
If I can't do it with Google Earth then I havn't got an earthly with Flash Player.

It dosn't really matter because despite the stopping and starting the YouTube vids are still watchable.
I think what the OP needs to do is give the video a chance to let the red line finish.
I honestly think that's why when I pause then play it comes to a grinding halt.
And I've noticed that the quality of the video on YouTube is a factor.
Because many Prisoner Cell Block H videos can run uninterrupted.

Some of these videos are submitted by amateurs so you need a fully accredited one based on a TV series or film.
I hope that helps but honestly if you've got a PC or laptop a Flash Player is sound advice.
Well, I just installed the latest, shiny new version of Flash player just the other day, but it still does it from time to time. I think it's a problem at YoTube's end, really.

H. P. Lovecraft.

#12    Eldorado

Eldorado

Unforgiven

• 10,491 posts

• I reckon so.

Posted 15 February 2013 - 09:24 PM

If you're using IE9, turn off ActiveX Filtering.

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/867968

#13    Bonecrusher

Bonecrusher

Facebook Fiend

• 1,113 posts

• Your blood's worth bottling!

Posted 16 February 2013 - 03:22 PM

View PostLord Vetinari, on 15 February 2013 - 08:33 PM, said:

Well, I just installed the latest, shiny new version of Flash player just the other day, but it still does it from time to time. I think it's a problem at YoTube's end, really.
Well they better get their act together!

Swindon Town:  Division Two Champions 2011-12.
Proud member of Macdonald's Red Army since 1989.
Up the Robins!

#14    MedicTJ

MedicTJ

Psychic Spy

• 1,065 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 06:16 PM

Thanks for all the responses, and I took all of the advice and tried what I could.

I've come to the conclusion that it's an issue with Firefox.  Youtube runs fine in IE.

Dr. Phil says that marriage is hard work.

I say....if marriage is hard work, you're doing it wrong.  Love is not work.  Love is eternal.

http://www.reverbnat...om/tjflickinger

#15    Professor T

Professor T

Λ Ο Δ, 2222

• 2,465 posts

• I'm not really a Professor so don't take my words as Gospel

Posted 17 February 2013 - 06:49 PM

I've had this problem too. It's not a case of the video stopping for the grey line to buffer/catch up. If anything I think it's because the video has buffered too far ahead..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users