Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Man sells canned fresh air in China

Still Waters

A Chinese entrepreneur is selling fresh air in soft drinks cans, similar to bottled drinking water, as north China is once again choking in toxic smog.

The concentration of airborne PM 2.5 particulates — the smallest and most deadly — went off the chart in the early hours of this morning for the second time this month, according to pollution gauge at the American Embassy in Beijing.

http://www.smh.com.a...0129-2dht3.html

I had the same idea for an advertising art class I took in high school. The assignment was to come up with a product, including packaging and an ad campaign for the future. My idea was that in the future fresh air would be gone so my future company was stealing air from the earths past, putting it in a ziplock bag and selling it. My air filled ziplock had a great label with ingredients, warnings, awsome logo. That was in 1981 or 82 and to this day I'm still bitter when I think of it because my art teacher, who was a great artist himself, gave me a low grade and a higher grade to some much less imaginative and aparently now, less accurate ideas of some of the other students. Grrrrrr.... now my shoulders are all hunched and I'm feeling b****y LOL!

• Like 2

In some cities in China their air is so bad there would be a market for fresh air there. Wake up and smell the pollution.

Edited by Hilander
  • Like 2

We have a couple of oxygen bars here in Berlin. You can inhale up to 100% pure oxygen in many different ways there. It's nothing more than a rip-off for bored yuppies and hipster,

Next he'll be selling scented fresh air.

• Like 1

On an unrelated note, I read a legitamate story many years ago about a man who became rich by selling caffeine-laced clear water.

His starting and primary niche is the New York Stock Exchange, which does not permit coffee or any colored drink on the trading floor.

Something to do with potential spilling and staining other trader's papers/notes during trading frenzy.

With all the electronic devices/cell phones now, not sure if he is still in business there, or whether the NYSE permits any beverages now.

I had the same idea for an advertising art class I took in high school. The assignment was to come up with a product, including packaging and an ad campaign for the future. My idea was that in the future fresh air would be gone so my future company was stealing air from the earths past, putting it in a ziplock bag and selling it. My air filled ziplock had a great label with ingredients, warnings, awsome logo. That was in 1981 or 82 and to this day I'm still bitter when I think of it because my art teacher, who was a great artist himself, gave me a low grade and a higher grade to some much less imaginative and aparently now, less accurate ideas of some of the other students. Grrrrrr.... now my shoulders are all hunched and I'm feeling b****y LOL!

The dude selling it is most likely your old teacher ........

TiP.

• Like 2

We have a couple of oxygen bars here in Berlin. You can inhale up to 100% pure oxygen in many different ways there. It's nothing more than a rip-off for bored yuppies and hipster,

I thought pure oxygen was poisonous to inhale...

If you market it right you can sell anything and someone will buy it .

Next he'll be selling scented fresh air.

As long as it's not imported from Mexico or New Jersey, it could be a big hit. :whistle:

Brilliant! And who knows what "fresh" air even smells like these days.

Spaceballs?!

post-26074-0-44753000-1359646394_thumb.j

• Like 2

A good entrepreneur. Fresh air is very rare these days.

This is tragic if people have to walk around with cans of air to breath, what does that tell you. :cry:

china has to stop polluting the environment and start using greener and fresher and renewable resources of energy and don't give me the B.S that it don't exist or is not ready because it it.there has been solar power,air power and etc for a very long time now don't pretend.china may be big and whatever else they take pride but you guys are "dirty".as for the guy selling fresh air really your going to sell air something thats free and should be free.i have a great important question whats next your going to trademark the air???air is free simple as that.you dont own the air

• Like 1

china has to stop polluting the environment and start using greener and fresher and renewable resources of energy and don't give me the B.S that it don't exist or is not ready because it it.there has been solar power,air power and etc for a very long time now don't pretend.china may be big and whatever else they take pride but you guys are "dirty".as for the guy selling fresh air really your going to sell air something thats free and should be free.i have a great important question whats next your going to trademark the air???air is free simple as that.you dont own the air

If China has terrible air, and he has an abundance of clean air, then yes, he owns it, and is fit to sell it as he wishes. If they don't want to pay him, they can breathe the terrible air. Nothing is free, sadly.

I'm really surprised that the UN's green agenda lets China's air in the major cities continue on being that bad. Anyone remember what they did to temporarily clean up the air when the olympics came there? Seeded the skies, I heard.

Edited by WoIverine

(((falling over lmao))) damnnnnn people will sale any thing and buy every thang