Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Cellphone Killswitch to help consumers

Simbi Laveau

http://techland.time.com/2013/06/11/iphone-theft-officials-wait-to-judge-apples-new-kill-switch-feature/

Since when do attorney general's across the country ,get involved with our stolen property issues ? No matter the stats .

Stolen cars are much more expensive . I don't see summits being held about that .

Also,I'm pretty sure iPhone cannot be insured ,ergo,a stolen one makes Apple MORE money .

The fact they held a summit for this ,and it started in Bill antichrist Gates backyard ,and want all cell carriers to follow suit ,speaks volumes to me.

I think this is just another ploy,so the govt can kill all phones with one click ,and leave satellite transmission in place.

Fail .

Just my two cents

QUOTE-

Nearly 175 million cellphones –

mostly smartphones – have been

sold in the U.S. in the past year and

account for $69 billion in sales,

according to IDC, a Massachusetts-

based research firm.

Schneiderman said a recent study

found that lost and stolen

cellphones cost consumers more

than $30 billion last year.

according to those figures, half of the phones bought were lost!

maybe apple should just send someone round to people's houses to point and laugh at them for being gormless.

maybe it'd teach them to be a bit more careful in future.....

:-)

• Like 1

QUOTE-

Nearly 175 million cellphones –

mostly smartphones – have been

sold in the U.S. in the past year and

account for $69 billion in sales,

according to IDC, a Massachusetts-

based research firm.

Schneiderman said a recent study

found that lost and stolen

cellphones cost consumers more

than $30 billion last year.

according to those figures, half of the phones bought were lost!

maybe apple should just send someone round to people's houses to point and laugh at them for being gormless.

maybe it'd teach them to be a bit more careful in future.....

They allege that 40% of all thefts,are cell phones . Even so ,since when has anyone cared about this ? All this ,PEOPLE ARE MAKING MONEY SELLING THEM ON THE BLACK MARKET !!

uh huh .....same goes for cars ,jewelry . Why not GPS diamonds too while they're at it. I mean LOL

• Like 1

i'm not sure they've got their figures right simbi.

if half of all phones are stolen, and half of all thefts are phones, then everytime you see someone with a mobile, there's a 50/50 chance of it being a stolen one, and if it's not, then it's just waiting to BE stolen!

I reckon apple are just fibbing to sell their new tech.

it's a well known fact that 87.265% of all statistics are made up on the spot.....

• Like 1

PLUS you can already render iPhones useless if stolen.

you can also track their location to within 10ft, so if they WERE stolen, you can easily find them and the thief!

https://www.optus.com.au/shop/mobilephones/insurance/phoneinsurance

Covered for: Theft, accidental loss, accidental damage or electronic breakdown/failure.

Smartphones are $150 repair, $250 replacement.

PLUS you can already render iPhones useless if stolen.

That's an Australian website .

One of the reasons I didn't get an iPhone ,is because they will not insure them in the USA.

Lost stolen broken ,you buy a new one at full price. That's what sprint and t mobile told me .

• Like 1

i'm not sure they've got their figures right simbi.

if half of all phones are stolen, and half of all thefts are phones, then everytime you see someone with a mobile, there's a 50/50 chance of it being a stolen one, and if it's not, then it's just waiting to BE stolen!

I reckon apple are just fibbing to sell their new tech.

it's a well known fact that 87.265% of all statistics are made up on the spot.....

This is what the live news is saying here. I have it on . The fact none of the numbers match ,is also quite telling .

• Like 1

One of the reasons I didn't get an iPhone ,is because they will not insure them in the USA.

Lost stolen broken ,you buy a new one at full price.

that's outrageous!!

apple must be laughing all the way to the bank.....

Cell phone insurance is available in Canada from the service providers, and I know for a fact that you can remotely disable most smartphones. *shrugs*

• Like 1

Cell phone insurance is available in Canada from the service providers, and I know for a fact that you can remotely disable most smartphones. *shrugs*

It's available in the States as well. Just not by every provider.

It's available in the States as well. Just not by every provider.

Oh we have insurance ,but just for smart phones ,not iPhones aka Apple,the ones doing this whole thing .

Im referring specifically to iPhones .

And since all phones can be disabled remotely,there is no need for a kill switch .Ergo,my post pointing out this entire thing is a,sham .

There is an Apple "summit",in nyc,right now pushing this agenda.

The apple ppl ,reps from other carriers,and these district attorneys are all present .

Does this sound like its because cell phones are stolen ?

Allegedly ,the stealing of an iPhone in nyc is called apple picking . This is to help all those poor folks who like to be bilked by Apple .

I am not aware of any of our providers giving insurance for iPhones .just iPhones .

Maybe ATT does,but I don't know. I doubt it .

I may not know .Ask glorybebe . I believe she works for version . I have t mobile and sprint ,of those three ,iPhones cannot be insured .