Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Why...?

Keel M.

Why is it that some threads will update if you leave it open at the response box, but not all?

Some threads will show that others have commented while you're pfaffing about with your response and a little dialogue box will pop up and tell you that there are additional responses which you can see if you refresh the page. Not all do this.

Whyyyy? :P

• Like 2

As far as I know that should always happen - if it doesn't then it must be a bug somewhere.

Why is it that some threads will update if you leave it open at the response box, but not all?

Some threads will show that others have commented while you're pfaffing about with your response and a little dialogue box will pop up and tell you that there are additional responses which you can see if you refresh the page. Not all do this.

What do you mean "leave it open at the response box"?

If you EVEN have left a cursor in that box, it is waiting for your completion of response.

That's normal.

The thing to do is completely leave the box, such that it does NOT appear at all. That clears the "waiting-for-a-response-hold"

Most browser windows will exhibit this behaviour by necessary default. It's not a programming fault.

• Like 3

I have always seen the 'updated' message, except when my internet is having a meltdown.

Edited by acute

I don't remember seeing that popup yet, such facebook-like behaviour is different from the traditional forum software I'm used to.

Edited by DaughterOfTheRains

That really annoys me, because I'll often reply to something without bothering to quote if it's obvious that I was replying to the one above, and it saves space, and then someone will post something after it, so it then looks as if you're replying to that, so you have to go back to the one you were in fact replying to and quote it & copy it into your original reply. it's such a faff.
  • Like 1

I like the bug idea. Can we have any bug we want or is it random? I like bugs, cute ones that it.

I like the bug idea. Can we have any bug we want or is it random? I like bugs, cute ones that it.

Surf the net without any virus protection...you'll find bugs (probably not very cute ones though).

• Like 1

Surf the net without any virus protection...you'll find bugs (probably not very cute ones though).

With out protection? oh no, even at my age I use protection against viruses.

Its funny how times have changed with how we use our language, its a whole different ball game now.

Bugs.....little crawly creatures? not any more

Surfing.......the waves? not any more

the net.....to catch fish? not any more

viruses.... the good old flu? not any more

protection......always when behind the bike sheds? not any more.

Living just aint the same today.