Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

The History of the Queen of Sheba

• Please log in to reply
66 replies to this topic

#46    SpiritWriter

SpiritWriter

• 3,652 posts

• The greatest story ever told is Your story.

Posted 05 February 2013 - 12:45 AM

I had a thread a little while back contemplating weither or not this queen was possibly a goddess reference when described in matthew 12:42

My theory didn't go over to well but brought up interesting points in my opinion. I havent read this thread yet but im sure it too will be intetesting...

Here is the link:

http://www.unexplain...opic=238429&hl=

The letter kills but The Spirit gives life. 2 Corinthians 3:6

Non-ambiguity and non-contradiction are one sided and thus unsuited to express the incomprehensible. -Jung

#47    Abramelin

Abramelin

-

• 18,109 posts
  • Location:"Here the tide is ruled, by the wind, the moon and us."

• God created the world, but the Dutch created the Netherlands

Posted 05 February 2013 - 06:20 AM

View PostDieChecker, on 04 February 2013 - 07:43 PM, said:

And not all theorys are equal. Every idea is NOT as good as every other idea.

Making a claim that alters the generally accepted timeline and requires basically a re-writting of history just to make some obscure esoteric idea work, is just not going to taken as seriously as something that operates within the timeline using accepted evidence.

You remember how Wegener's theory about continental drift was received?

And I actually read Salibi's book.

I will bet I am the only one here who did, lol.

Edited by Abramelin, 05 February 2013 - 06:22 AM.

#48    Riaan

Riaan

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 535 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 04:20 PM

View PostDieChecker, on 05 February 2013 - 12:35 AM, said:

According to what I have dug up online. The Shepherd Kings were the Hyksos people of the 15th and 16th century BCE, 3500 years ago. So this would have been even before Jacob and Joseph by at least a couple hundred years. And the term Hyksos was actually misused by Josephus to mean "Shepherd Kings" when it meant "Rulers of Foreign Lands". And I already stated (previous post) how Josephus was political toward the end of his life and his last works should be regarded as such.

It is also suggested that the part of the Osarseph story where he changes his name to Moses was added later. That it was done as late as the 1st century.

I don't think that an Egyptian sending for aid from the Levant for military aid is a Unique occurance. History, legend and myth from both areas are full of accounts of wars between these regions and pacts and alliances.

Plus Osarseph was supposed to be a Rebel against Pharoah, while Geb & Shu would have been Egyptian Kings. So, not sure how those mesh together.

I'm far from an expert in history, but even with just a quick read of results from Google, I can see the issues you probably had to address in your book.

Yes, I do address many of these issues in my book. Josephus had access to many antique sources, as would Justin and Cheremon have had. It is easy to brush aside their accounts by claiming that they were politically motivated and therefore inaccurate. The other side of the coin is that as historians they may have tried their very best to present the most accurate account possible.

Author of

Thera and the Exodus, published February 2013, details here
Barbelo - The Story of Jesus Christ, published October 2014, details here

#49    DieChecker

DieChecker

I'm a Rogue Scholar

• 18,233 posts

• Hey, I'm not wrong. I'm just not completely right.

Posted 05 February 2013 - 08:23 PM

View PostRiaan, on 05 February 2013 - 04:20 PM, said:

Yes, I do address many of these issues in my book. Josephus had access to many antique sources, as would Justin and Cheremon have had. It is easy to brush aside their accounts by claiming that they were politically motivated and therefore inaccurate. The other side of the coin is that as historians they may have tried their very best to present the most accurate account possible.
Which I understand, and is why I didn't just come out saying "Fake", "Stupid", "Wrong", as so many other posters here will.

Good luck with the book. :tu:

Here at Intel we make processors on 12 inch wafers. And, the individual processors on the wafers are called die. And, I am employed to check these die. That is why I am the DieChecker.

At times one remains faithful to a cause only because its opponents do not cease to be insipid. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Qualifications? This is cryptozoology, dammit! All that is required is the spirit of adventure. - Night Walker

#50    Riaan

Riaan

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 535 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 08:27 PM

View PostDieChecker, on 05 February 2013 - 08:23 PM, said:

Which I understand, and is why I didn't just come out saying "Fake", "Stupid", "Wrong", as so many other posters here will.

Good luck with the book. :tu:

Thanks! I suspect it's going to be somewhat of an uphill battle, though!

Author of

Thera and the Exodus, published February 2013, details here
Barbelo - The Story of Jesus Christ, published October 2014, details here

#51    cormac mac airt

cormac mac airt

Telekinetic

• 7,596 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 08:31 PM

View PostAbramelin, on 05 February 2013 - 06:20 AM, said:

You remember how Wegener's theory about continental drift was received?

And I actually read Salibi's book.

I will bet I am the only one here who did, lol.

Abe, you're one of the few people here who reads Dutch so that's not much of a bet. :D

BTW, is the Dutch version you have online?

cormac

The city and citizens, which you yesterday described to us in fiction, we will now transfer to the world of reality. It shall be the ancient city of Athens, and we will suppose that the citizens whom you imagined, were our veritable ancestors, of whom the priest spoke; they will perfectly harmonise, and there will be no inconsistency in saying that the citizens of your republic are these ancient Athenians. --  Plato's Timaeus

#52    Abramelin

Abramelin

-

• 18,109 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 09:04 PM

View Postcormac mac airt, on 05 February 2013 - 08:31 PM, said:

Abe, you're one of the few people here who reads Dutch so that's not much of a bet. :D

BTW, is the Dutch version you have online?

cormac

No, it isn't as far as I know.

I am even thinking of copying the whole book to a pdf and then upload it to UM.

280 pages...... I'll be busy for many hours with my lousy scanner.

But then still you (and most others) can't read it.

Or can you?

And please don't say you will use an online translator, because it will make the text look like gibberish.

I use Google Translator a lot, but only for speed of translation: I have translated from French, Spanish, Dutch, and German, using Google Translator, but I corrected the Google mess using my knowledge of these languages.

I am Dutch, you know, and my country is just a pinprick on the globe. So we learn many languages.

We are surrounded by: the English, the Germans, the Belgians and the French. We just have to learn all these foreign languages if we want to trade.

And Spanish I learned during my half year stay in Peru, and by following a course here in the Netherlands..

Edited by Abramelin, 05 February 2013 - 09:16 PM.

#53    cormac mac airt

cormac mac airt

Telekinetic

• 7,596 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 09:32 PM

View PostAbramelin, on 05 February 2013 - 09:04 PM, said:

No, it isn't as far as I know.

I am even thinking of copying the whole book to a pdf and then upload it to UM.

280 pages...... I'll be busy for many hours with my lousy scanner.

But then still you (and most others) can't read it.

Or can you?

And please don't say you will use an online translator, because it will make the text look like gibberish.

I use Google Translator a lot, but only for speed of translation: I have translated from French, Spanish, Dutch, and German, using Google Translator, but I corrected the Google mess using my knowledge of these languages.

I am Dutch, you know, and my country is just a pinprick on the globe. So we learn many languages.

We are surrounded by: the English, the Germans, the Belgians and the French. We just have to learn all these foreign languages if we want to trade.

And Spanish I learned during my half year stay in Peru, and by following a course here in the Netherlands..

That's okay, don't put yourself out on my account. While English is my native language I spoke German until I was 5, have taken both Spanish and Latin and get the gist of most 'romance' languages I come across even though I may not be fluent. I was just interested in having a copy to peruse if there was one.

cormac

The city and citizens, which you yesterday described to us in fiction, we will now transfer to the world of reality. It shall be the ancient city of Athens, and we will suppose that the citizens whom you imagined, were our veritable ancestors, of whom the priest spoke; they will perfectly harmonise, and there will be no inconsistency in saying that the citizens of your republic are these ancient Athenians. --  Plato's Timaeus

#54    Abramelin

Abramelin

-

• 18,109 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 09:33 PM

But can you read Dutch?

Just say YES, and will do my best to put the Dutch edition online.

Edited by Abramelin, 05 February 2013 - 09:38 PM.

#55    cormac mac airt

cormac mac airt

Telekinetic

• 7,596 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 09:49 PM

View PostAbramelin, on 05 February 2013 - 09:33 PM, said:

But can you read Dutch?

I have no training in Dutch, so no. And it's not necessary for you to go through the trouble since I'm not sure it would be of much use to most English speaking peoples anyway. While I'm certainly not the norm as far as languages, many never learn anything more than English and sometimes I have to wonder about that. But I do appreciate the offer.

cormac

#56    TheSearcher

TheSearcher

Coffee expert extraordinair

• 3,845 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 09:47 AM

View PostAbramelin, on 05 February 2013 - 09:33 PM, said:

But can you read Dutch?

YES ..... :innocent:

It is only the ignorant who despise education.
Publilius Syrus.

So god made me an atheist. Who are you to question his wisdom?!

#57    Abramelin

Abramelin

-

• 18,109 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 09:51 AM

View PostTheSearcher, on 06 February 2013 - 09:47 AM, said:

YES ..... :innocent:

Gawd..

#58    TheSearcher

TheSearcher

• 3,845 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 09:33 PM

View PostAbramelin, on 06 February 2013 - 09:51 AM, said:

Gawd..

Well you did offer........ :innocent:

Publilius Syrus.

#59    Abramelin

Abramelin

-

• 18,109 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 09:38 PM

I know.

OK, but it will take a lot of time.

#60    TheSearcher

TheSearcher

• 3,845 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 09:50 PM

View PostAbramelin, on 06 February 2013 - 09:38 PM, said:

I know.

OK, but it will take a lot of time.

Dude, I'm just joking, don't worry. Just gimme the exact title of the book, I'll find it

Publilius Syrus.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users