Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Shoplifting Mother Killed by Walmart Security

• Please log in to reply
80 replies to this topic

#46    Beckys_Mom

Beckys_Mom

Sarcastic Muppet..!

• 51,193 posts

• "I hate pretentious people. I mean, what is the point in applying exorbitantly extensive vocabulary, it is just straightforwardly unnecessary".

Posted 12 December 2012 - 09:35 PM

Even if they are not  her kids.. Fact is- They would still be in shock watching someone get shot, it could still traumatise them, it can also haunt them for a long time   .... Any child  who witnesses  killing or extreme violence  is too much.. No kid should watch any form of violence or killing, regardless of the situation.. I wouldn't even argue with my husband if my kids were present...

Edited by Beckys_Mom, 12 December 2012 - 09:48 PM.

Posted ImageRAW Berris... Dare you enter?

If there's a heaven...I hope to hell I get there !

#47    susieice

susieice

December's Child

• 10,630 posts

• "Some say the world will end in fire, some say in ice."
    .....Robert Frost

Posted 13 December 2012 - 04:16 AM

Agreed BM. Thanks for the info Biff. Why would the officer go that close to the car? Let the cameras do the work. That's what they're there for.

"The universe is full of magical things, patiently waiting for our wits to sharpen."  Eden Phillpotts

Opponere draconem est prehendere vitam

"I'm sure the universe is full of intelligent life. It's just been too intelligent to come here." Arthur C. Clarke

#48    Codeblind

Codeblind

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 92 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 04:25 AM

Wow tragic indeed, in the UK we have a let them leave policy, especially with all the clear crisp CCTV footage, its gets circulated to every store and when they show up at the next store get arrested..simple, It appears the off duty cop took his part time job a bit too seriously.

I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered.

#49    Travelling Man

Travelling Man

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,144 posts

• And you are asking... Why?

Posted 13 December 2012 - 04:30 AM

Why would the officer get that close to the car?

How about to apprehend and/or detain a suspect that is in the midst of committing a crime? While cameras CAN be good tools, most security cameras are for crap - and you will be lucky to tell what color or make of vehicle the suspects were in. If you have problems telling what kind of car it is, do you honestly think you can make a positive ID of a person? Not hardly.

Once the car started in motion, it became a deadly weapon - and the cop was justified.

Sure... it's ALL the cops fault that the kids witnessed someone getting shot - thank you for completely dismissing the fact that the dead woman was allegedly involved in a robbery, assault and attempted murder of a security guard (who happened to be an off-duty cop). You're completely ignoring any possible culpability on the part of the THREE women involved.

Superior firepower will win over superior numbers - every time!  G.A. Custer
Superior numbers will win over superior firepower - every time!  S. Bull

My credentials

#50    Cassea

Cassea

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,064 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 04:49 AM

The security guard was doing his job.   He got that close to the car because he expected her to stop.  Not to run him over.  What in the world was she thinking.

View PostTravelling Man, on 13 December 2012 - 04:30 AM, said:

Why would the officer get that close to the car?

How about to apprehend and/or detain a suspect that is in the midst of committing a crime? While cameras CAN be good tools, most security cameras are for crap - and you will be lucky to tell what color or make of vehicle the suspects were in. If you have problems telling what kind of car it is, do you honestly think you can make a positive ID of a person? Not hardly.

Once the car started in motion, it became a deadly weapon - and the cop was justified.

Sure... it's ALL the cops fault that the kids witnessed someone getting shot - thank you for completely dismissing the fact that the dead woman was allegedly involved in a robbery, assault and attempted murder of a security guard (who happened to be an off-duty cop). You're completely ignoring any possible culpability on the part of the THREE women involved.

The three women who were there with children.  Any responsible adult.  Would have thought of what the kids would be experiencing.

Understanding Traumatic Brain Injury communication issues.   http://www.asha.org/.../#comm_problems

#51    Sakari

Sakari

tohi

• 11,267 posts

• Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Posted 13 December 2012 - 04:53 AM

It is so easy....

1.Do not break the law.
2. If you must break the law, and get caught, do what the police tell you to do.
3. Do not break the law, and you will not have to worry about being in these situations to begin with, neither will the Police.

Our Wolf's Memorial Page

http://petsupports.com/a04/sakari.htm

#52    glorybebe

glorybebe

Non-Corporeal Being

• 8,683 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 06:00 AM

View PostSakari, on 13 December 2012 - 04:53 AM, said:

It is so easy....

1.Do not break the law.
2. If you must break the law, and get caught, do what the police tell you to do.
3. Do not break the law, and you will not have to worry about being in these situations to begin with, neither will the Police.

:clap: Exactly.  What kind of a woman would put kids in that kind of situation?  She thought she was above the law and she paid drastically for it.  Either way, the kids were going to be traumitized.  By seeing an officer dead or hurt really bad, or the woman hurt or killed.  Who is to say what would have happened if she would have been able to drive off, do you think that she would have been driving nicely and within the speed limit or driving recklessly?  It could be possible that the officer saved these kids lives.

Save the Earth! It's the only planet with chocolate!

#53    Jinxdom

Jinxdom

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 720 posts

• Education...has produced a vast population able to read but unable to distinguish what is worth reading.
    -- G.M. Trevelyan

Posted 13 December 2012 - 08:28 AM

This is the exact reason why cops are not supposed to chase people down for non-violent crimes. It turns normally non violent people to violence. This is going to be a fairly large payday for any decent lawyer.

#54    Tyminator

Tyminator

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 42 posts

• Don't get mad, get sadistic

Posted 13 December 2012 - 01:58 PM

View PostJinxdom, on 13 December 2012 - 08:28 AM, said:

This is the exact reason why cops are not supposed to chase people down for non-violent crimes. It turns normally non violent people to violence. This is going to be a fairly large payday for any decent lawyer.

And why shouldn't he have tried to stop her? She was right there in the store parking lot. If he could have apprehended her there, why let her go, only to be tracked down another time? I don't think you people understand, cops aren't just going to let thieves go. If they can stop them, they will do it. And I think that we all can agree that the woman should NOT have tried to drive away with the police officer standing right next to her. Obviously, that was very stupid on her part

Attention, Earth creature. This planet is now part of the Furon Empire. Your benevolent masters welcome you. - Cryptosporidium 137

#55    Insaniac

Insaniac

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 829 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 11:28 PM

View PostTyminator, on 13 December 2012 - 01:58 PM, said:

And why shouldn't he have tried to stop her? She was right there in the store parking lot. If he could have apprehended her there, why let her go, only to be tracked down another time? I don't think you people understand, cops aren't just going to let thieves go. If they can stop them, they will do it. And I think that we all can agree that the woman should NOT have tried to drive away with the police officer standing right next to her. Obviously, that was very stupid on her part.

Like I said, theft doesn't justify murder and never will.

There are three scenario's I can think of on how the cop could've handled this better, assuming he'd actually have thought rationally, instead of on impulse.

1: Shot the two front tires, moved to a side, (assuming he could, and I understand it's easier said than done if a cars beginning to come at you) let the car move past you and shoot the two back tires. Get into your car and follow her whilst calling for backup.

- Cop might get injured, but nobodies getting gunned down or scarred for life. Whatever was stolen has a chance of being returned.

2: Regardless of if you had a police cruiser or not, get out of the oncoming cars way, call for backup and allow other on-duty police officers to handle the situation.

- Cop may or may not get harmed, theres a chance everyone lives without getting traumatized for life and whatever was stolen gets returned to store.

3: Let her leave and simply use CCTV footage to track her down minutes later. In theory, this would be the best thing he could've done.

No one gets traumatized, murdered, theres a reasonable chance the criminal gets caught, and whatever goods were stolen, get returned to store.

^ It's what you'd call 'thinking rationally.' - In a sound state of mind, not go into trigger-happy mode. Having said that, I don't mean to make the cop out to be some sort of evil thug, just think he could've handled things differently.

Peace

"There will be many earthquakes, famines and pestilences in various places, and fearful events and great signs from Heaven". - Luke 21:11

"Some reject Science because the most popular scientist's are pseudo know-it-all ignoramus' who believe Science should give the explanation of the un-investigated, rather than an investigation of the unexplained". - Just my own two cents.

#56    Sakari

Sakari

tohi

• 11,267 posts

• Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Posted 13 December 2012 - 11:42 PM

View PostInsaniac, on 13 December 2012 - 11:28 PM, said:

Like I said, theft doesn't justify murder and never will.

There are three scenario's I can think of on how the cop could've handled this better, assuming he'd actually have thought rationally, instead of on impulse.

1: Shot the two front tires, moved to a side, (assuming he could, and I understand it's easier said than done if a cars beginning to come at you) let the car move past you and shoot the two back tires. Get into your car and follow her whilst calling for backup.

- Cop might get injured, but nobodies getting gunned down or scarred for life. Whatever was stolen has a chance of being returned.

Tell that to the mother who's child was killed by a stray bullet that ricoched off of the pavement. ( Cops know this )

2: Regardless of if you had a police cruiser or not, get out of the oncoming cars way, call for backup and allow other on-duty police officers to handle the situation.

- Cop may or may not get harmed, theres a chance everyone lives without getting traumatized for life and whatever was stolen gets returned to store.

Tell this to the husband that just lost his wife and kids in the mini van that the woman hit broadside running a red light while in a panic. ( cops know this too)

3: Let her leave and simply use CCTV footage to track her down minutes later. In theory, this would be the best thing he could've done.

No one gets traumatized, murdered, theres a reasonable chance the criminal gets caught, and whatever goods were stolen, get returned to store.

Same as stated above. Woman is in a panic, driving like a bat out of hell, runs a red light, kills someone. ( and yes, cops know this )

^ It's what you'd call 'thinking rationally.' - In a sound state of mind, not go into trigger-happy mode. Having said that, I don't mean to make the cop out to be some sort of evil thug, just think he could've handled things differently.

Peace

Police do think rationally. And they have procedures to follow also.

Edited by Sakari, 13 December 2012 - 11:42 PM.

Our Wolf's Memorial Page

#57    Codeblind

Codeblind

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 92 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 11:53 PM

wow did I read that "police think rationally" after some of the horror stories that has come out about the police in the USA, it wasn't so long ago they were killing people because of their colour...how rational is that.

I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered.

#58    Sakari

Sakari

tohi

• 11,267 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 12:04 AM

View PostCodeblind, on 13 December 2012 - 11:53 PM, said:

wow did I read that "police think rationally" after some of the horror stories that has come out about the police in the USA, it wasn't so long ago they were killing people because of their colour...how rational is that.

I think the police in the USA are closer to the top ( meaning better to citizens and following laws, and actually having laws to follow ) then many other Countries....

Just a few if we are name dropping.

Mexico
Russia
Indonesia

And countless more.

Edited by Sakari, 14 December 2012 - 12:04 AM.

Our Wolf's Memorial Page

#59    Insaniac

Insaniac

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 829 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 01:02 AM

View PostSakari, on 14 December 2012 - 12:04 AM, said:

I think the police in the USA are closer to the top ( meaning better to citizens and following laws, and actually having laws to follow ) then many other Countries.

If YouTube footage is anything to go by, they're not so kind and patient. Not saying all US cops are bad, but many are.

"There will be many earthquakes, famines and pestilences in various places, and fearful events and great signs from Heaven". - Luke 21:11

"Some reject Science because the most popular scientist's are pseudo know-it-all ignoramus' who believe Science should give the explanation of the un-investigated, rather than an investigation of the unexplained". - Just my own two cents.

#60    Sakari

Sakari

tohi

• 11,267 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 01:05 AM

View PostInsaniac, on 14 December 2012 - 01:02 AM, said:

If YouTube footage is anything to go by, they're not so kind and patient. Not saying all US cops are bad, but many are.

It is not something to go by...... :no:

Statistics are.... :yes:

Our Wolf's Memorial Page

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users