Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * - - - 4 votes

UFO-SkINNY BOB Roswell alien fake or real?

• Please log in to reply
114 replies to this topic

#16    Zarifa

Zarifa

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 56 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 02:44 PM

How ready we are to believe the worst of one another, over the notion that we might not dominate the universe.I guess it remains to be seen.

#17    Sensible Logic

Sensible Logic

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 746 posts

• If I alter the reality to fit the fantasy I can prove anything.

Posted 19 April 2012 - 03:54 PM

Some other things that IMO show it to be a fake.  

The projector sounds were examined by Bison in another thread and found to be 12 frames per second.  Far slower than normal.  In fact slow enough, that the film would have suffered heat damage.

The digital numbers would not have been added to the video in the 40's and 50's while it was being shot so they would have been added later by computer.  The same with the black square supposedly something that was blacked.  It remains the same size and location so would have to have been added by computer after the video was shot.

The scratches that should have been on the original film with the numbers and black square being added over them actually appear on top of the numbers and black square so they were added in by computer.

All that has been added to make it seem real does the opposite for me.  IMO if you have a real video of a real alien you don't have to add anything to make it look real.

The sheer odds of a civilization advancing, developing space travel, deciding to search our little corner of the galaxy, arriving at just the right time and actually helping us is so huge, you would have a greater chance of winning several lotteries in a single year. - SensibleLogic

#18    captain pish

captain pish

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 691 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 08:31 PM

I have said this many many times on this forum and I will say it again. How the hell can anyone with eyes say that this is anything other than CGI? I could tell 2 seconds into the clip. Time after time people post stuff like this and claim its real when after watching just 5 seconds of the clip it becomes apparent it's CGI. It boggles the mind to think that there are people walking the earth who an be so easily duped.

#19    hacktorp

hacktorp

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 563 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 09:36 PM

What??  There is STILL nothing factual that has surfaced to discredit this video??

Donteatus has good reason to wish this one would go away...

...he knows skinny bob is a REAL grey alien, boys and girls.

#20    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 30,202 posts

• If you stop to think, Remember to start again

Posted 19 April 2012 - 09:43 PM

View PostZarifa, on 19 April 2012 - 02:44 PM, said:

How ready we are to believe the worst of one another, over the notion that we might not dominate the universe.I guess it remains to be seen.

It has nothing to do with life in the Universe and anyones notion of that. Did you not notice the current thread asking if people believe wether life exists outside of earth? That is not a question in this thread. Domination is superfluous to this thread completely. It is all about a certain film clip with a very suspicious background and nature. That has absolutely nothing to do with total dominance of anything or even life outside of this planet.

Things are what they are. - Me Reality can't be debunked. That's the beauty of it. - Capeo 'If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants.' - Sir Isaac Newton. "Let me repeat the lesson learned from the Sturrock scientific review panel: Pack up your old data and forget it. Ufology needs new data, new cases, new rigorous and scientific methodologies if it hopes ever to get out of its pit." Ed Stewart. Youtube is the last refuge of the ignorant and is more often used for disinformation than genuine research.  There is a REASON for PEER REVIEW... - Chrlzs. Nothing is inexplicable, just unexplained. - Sir Wearer of Hats.

#21    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 30,202 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 09:46 PM

View PostSensible Logic, on 19 April 2012 - 03:54 PM, said:

Some other things that IMO show it to be a fake.  

The projector sounds were examined by Bison in another thread and found to be 12 frames per second.  Far slower than normal.  In fact slow enough, that the film would have suffered heat damage.

The digital numbers would not have been added to the video in the 40's and 50's while it was being shot so they would have been added later by computer.  The same with the black square supposedly something that was blacked.  It remains the same size and location so would have to have been added by computer after the video was shot.

The scratches that should have been on the original film with the numbers and black square being added over them actually appear on top of the numbers and black square so they were added in by computer.

All that has been added to make it seem real does the opposite for me.  IMO if you have a real video of a real alien you don't have to add anything to make it look real.

The link I left on the previous page covers that as well.

The creator slapped some typewriter-like font onto a video, applied an old time movie effect like this one (with decreased brightness).
Why would the video contain “a sample edited fragments of video tape 05?”  Why not establish some context for the video?  Some background… something more than looking up and down at an alien?
I am also a bit reluctant on the wording.  The exact text of the entire video goes like this:

Filtrate for declassification and dissemination through the Internet and media.  7 video tapes with material recorded between 1942-1969.  Material containing UFO incidents, recovery and study of extraterrestrial life forms.
Due to the importance of these documents, maintain the anonymity of the sources.
The video contains a sample edited fragments of video tape 05.
Tape duration:  180 min.
Total recorded duration:  1.260 min.
Tape 05 edited fragments:
Case 25/skinny Bob 00:08:42 – 00:08:50
Case 25/skinny Bob 00:27:36 – 00:27:45
Case 26/How to drive 00:55:07 – 00:55:12
So this implies that the “publisher” added the text later.  In the first clip, our weird little alien turns his head back and forth.  In the second, he’s standing still, and blinks a couple times.  In the third, I can’t really discern what that is but I guess it is supposed to be a UFO.  The clips look so comical to me… they appear like caricatures.

Things are what they are. - Me Reality can't be debunked. That's the beauty of it. - Capeo 'If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants.' - Sir Isaac Newton. "Let me repeat the lesson learned from the Sturrock scientific review panel: Pack up your old data and forget it. Ufology needs new data, new cases, new rigorous and scientific methodologies if it hopes ever to get out of its pit." Ed Stewart. Youtube is the last refuge of the ignorant and is more often used for disinformation than genuine research.  There is a REASON for PEER REVIEW... - Chrlzs. Nothing is inexplicable, just unexplained. - Sir Wearer of Hats.

#22    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 30,202 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 09:48 PM

View Posthacktorp, on 19 April 2012 - 09:36 PM, said:

What??  There is STILL nothing factual that has surfaced to discredit this video??

Donteatus has good reason to wish this one would go away...

...he knows skinny bob is a REAL grey alien, boys and girls.

How do you think Big D got that FTL BBQ smoker? Skinny Bob flew it here.

Besides, we all know the real aliens name is Paul.

#23    DONTEATUS

DONTEATUS

Forum Divinity

• 16,803 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 09:59 PM

View Postpsyche101, on 19 April 2012 - 09:48 PM, said:

How do you think Big D got that FTL BBQ smoker? Skinny Bob flew it here.

Besides, we all know the real aliens name is Paul.
All`s Eye knows  "It wannant me " I been under a Car all this time pinned down due to the lift failed ! Man Im hungry !

This is a Work in Progress!

#24    MysteryX

MysteryX

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 141 posts

• Fail to plan plan to fail.

Posted 19 April 2012 - 10:30 PM

View Postpsyche101, on 19 April 2012 - 06:56 AM, said:

But the CGI is what gets to me. PresidentUFO.com really hooked it up with 3 video break downs from different video experts. Again, video is not by thing, so I have to defer to the experts here, but he got Leanne Jones (Producer with the British Youth Film Academy), Dave Hughes (BSc Digital Film and 3D Animation), and Richard Allan (Post Production Instructor at Staffordshire University) who all agreed that the video is fake, fake, fake. The elements they thought REALLY made it fake were:

Projector sounds. They are out of place because the video has the appearances of “footage transferred to video” but the projector sound doesn’t match with this format switch.

The model and movement is too clear, smooth, and polished for the alleged age of the video.

The alien isn't moving his body.

~

You said: Projector sounds. They are out of place because the video has the appearances of “footage transferred to video” but the projector sound doesn’t match with this format switch

My response: Ahhh, you're kidding right? This is your expert? Movie cameras do not record the sound of their own mechanisims, not even the ones from 1947. Please are you really serious, everyone knows who is thinking clearly the sound of the projector you hear on the film is the sound of a projector not a camera. The projector sound was added by the uploader, he even says he did that in one of the original short versions of the footage. Cameras do not record projector sounds will they are filming unless of course you just so happen to have a projector playing close to where the camera is filming. ROFL, I find it hard too believe you even posted the projector comment.

You said: The model and movement is too clear, smooth, and polished for the alleged age of the video.

My response: So I guess the Wizard of Oz of 1939 was too smooth for its era to. It was earlier and in color.

You said: The alien isn’t moving his body.

My response: If that is the case then its because your blind. The alien is moving his body, in the first portion of the video the alien leans his body over a full 6-8 inches as he is reaching for something. Shoulders, chest move at least 6 - 8 inches.

You need to fire your expert, he is completly blind and powerfully stupid ..... next.

Oh by the way it is not CGI. If it was a fake (and it is not) then it would be easier to create high tech puppet and then film it with an old camera and then add the aging overlays. One of the moderators mentioned that previously.

However the aging overlays can be detected with the right software. The are not totaly random so they can be detected because they create patterns when applied.

The digital overlay is typical of film to video transphere of old military films being preserved.

Edited by MysteryX, 19 April 2012 - 10:41 PM.

#25    Sir Wearer of Hats

Sir Wearer of Hats

Is not a number!

• 9,653 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 10:39 PM

So why, exactly, were stuff added to the footage like projector sounds? If it's a genuine alien then that's all that needs to be said and shown.
If the original footage isn't sepia toned and scratched to look "authentic" then why haven't we seen it? The original uploader logically has the unadulterated footage so lets put the word out into the community that we want to see it. Unadulterated. Ideally to prove it's real more Bob. He moves his head and blinks - well so does Pilot from Farscape, Pilot emotes too.

#26    MysteryX

MysteryX

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 141 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 10:58 PM

View PostWearer of Hats, on 19 April 2012 - 10:39 PM, said:

So why, exactly, were stuff added to the footage like projector sounds? If it's a genuine alien then that's all that needs to be said and shown.
If the original footage isn't sepia toned and scratched to look "authentic" then why haven't we seen it? The original uploader logically has the unadulterated footage so lets put the word out into the community that we want to see it. Unadulterated. Ideally to prove it's real more Bob. He moves his head and blinks - well so does Pilot from Farscape, Pilot emotes too.

Hey I'm not really trying to convince you that it is real even though I believe it is without any doubt. I'm just pointing out what I know, I cannot answer the things I don't know.

There are countless sightings and UFO activity today happening at a rate never seen before, so from my point of view it won't be long before everyone is convinced they are real.

I'm just trying to help people learn to do better research and to do better critical thinking before they jump to quick judgments. People too often make assessments based emotions first and intellect second or in some cases not at all. Some proof is never good enough for some people no matter how inconvertible. The Obama long form birth certificate forgery is a perfect example.

Most people have lost the ability to see truth at any level if it goes against their personal worldview. It would almost be funny if it were not so sad considering the near future and the worlds current problems. The stupider we become the greater the chance for us to blow ourselves up in the near future. Critical thinking without all the touchy feely emotions clouding our ability to do serious critucal thinking is parmaount when doing all types of research or investigations.

Edited by MysteryX, 19 April 2012 - 10:59 PM.

#27    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 30,202 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 11:13 PM

View PostMysteryX, on 19 April 2012 - 10:30 PM, said:

You said: Projector sounds. They are out of place because the video has the appearances of “footage transferred to video” but the projector sound doesn’t match with this format switch

My response: Ahhh, you're kidding right? This is your expert? Movie cameras do not record the sound of their own mechanisims, not even the ones from 1947. Please are you really serious, everyone knows who is thinking clearly the sound of the projector you hear on the film is the sound of a projector not a camera. The projector sound was added by the uploader, he even says he did that in one of the original short versions of the footage. Cameras do not record projector sounds will they are filming unless of course you just so happen to have a projector playing close to where the camera is filming. ROFL, I find it hard too believe you even posted the projector comment.

You said: The model and movement is too clear, smooth, and polished for the alleged age of the video.

My response: So I guess the Wizard of Oz of 1939 was too smooth for its era to. It was earlier and in color.

You said: The alien isn’t moving his body.

My response: If that is the case then its because your blind. The alien is moving his body, in the first portion of the video the alien leans his body over a full 6-8 inches as he is reaching for something. Shoulders, chest move at least 6 - 8 inches.

You need to fire your expert, he is completly blind and powerfully stupid ..... next.

Oh by the way it is not CGI. If it was a fake (and it is not) then it would be easier to create high tech puppet and then film it with an old camera and then add the aging overlays. One of the moderators mentioned that previously.

However the aging overlays can be detected with the right software. The are not totaly random so they can be detected because they create patterns when applied.

The digital overlay is typical of film to video transphere of old military films being preserved.

Actually, if you reread my post, you will see I never said any one of those things. This is the professional opinion of  Leanne Jones (Producer with the British Youth Film Academy), Dave Hughes (BSc Digital Film and 3D Animation), and Richard Allan (Post Production Instructor at Staffordshire University). I do not see how your experience trumps theirs, and you have not offerred a single expert who has offered a public opinion to the contrary. In any case, what I had pointed at was your claim than experts in the field say it cannot be done. That as we can see is wrong.

Your opinion is that is not CGI, and again, I do not care what a moderator says unless they can prove better experience than the abovementioned Leanne Jones, Dave Hughes, and Richard Allan. It is not up to me to decide if these people should be fired, they in turn also report to a higher authority who is again again more experienced than you and I tied together and folded over. And no, I most certainly not kidding with names like that lending professional opinion to the determination. What makes you think all of these people know less about the subject than you do? For goodness sakes man, you admit that the projector sound was added by the uploader, and yet still feel the clip is genuine? What was the point in adding the sound?

From what I have learned, if you wanted a CGI expert to do this, it would be in the vicinity of around 10K, however, the person who released the clip is a CGI expert which would mean it is more likely some type of personal project.

#28    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 30,202 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 11:19 PM

View PostMysteryX, on 19 April 2012 - 10:58 PM, said:

Hey I'm not really trying to convince you that it is real even though I believe it is without any doubt. I'm just pointing out what I know, I cannot answer the things I don't know.

I simply do not believe that. You get quite upset at people who do not agree with you.

There are countless sightings and UFO activity today happening at a rate never seen before, so from my point of view it won't be long before everyone is convinced they are real.

Perhaps you should look through archives from the 50's and 60's. Why do you think the majority of threads here revolve around that era?

I'm just trying to help people learn to do better research and to do better critical thinking before they jump to quick judgments. People too often make assessments based emotions first and intellect second or in some cases not at all. Some proof is never good enough for some people no matter how inconvertible. The Obama long form birth certificate forgery is a perfect example.

Most people have lost the ability to see truth at any level if it goes against their personal worldview. It would almost be funny if it were not so sad considering the near future and the worlds current problems. The stupider we become the greater the chance for us to blow ourselves up in the near future. Critical thinking without all the touchy feely emotions clouding our ability to do serious critucal thinking is parmaount when doing all types of research or investigations.

I am personally doing fine without your "help" thanks very much. It is ironic that you should discuss critical thinking yet immediately dismiss experts in the field for your personal opinion. The part about "being able to see the truth" is laughable. Empirical evidence is the benchmark for truth, not imagination.

#29    Sir Wearer of Hats

Sir Wearer of Hats

Is not a number!

• 9,653 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 11:29 PM

Most people have lost the ability to see truth at any level if it goes against their personal worldview.
Case in point..

The Obama long form birth certificate forgery is a perfect example.

#30    MysteryX

MysteryX

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 141 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 12:12 AM

View Postpsyche101, on 19 April 2012 - 11:19 PM, said:

I simply do not believe that. You get quite upset at people who do not agree with you.

Perhaps you should look through archives from the 50's and 60's. Why do you think the majority of threads here revolve around that era?

I am personally doing fine without your "help" thanks very much. It is ironic that you should discuss critical thinking yet immediately dismiss experts in the field for your personal opinion. The part about "being able to see the truth" is laughable. Empirical evidence is the benchmark for truth, not imagination.

I do get upset from time to time but it is rare and when I do it usally is at disinformation spoken intentionly by a poster.

By the way this is a forum for discussion, if you don't want my input put me on your ignore list, simple problem solved. No point in whinning and besides no one has disproved my points. All they have done is quoted so called experts that are anything but experts. In fact I cannot help but wonder if someone fabricated the article using some experts name. No real expert or even governmental disinformation people would use something so foolish and easily debunked.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users