Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

US Military "training for urban environments"

Allterspace

Us Military Creates chaos in washington state in the middle of the night. Flying Cargo helicopters around midnight in downtown without alerting city officials. The General Admits a training mission was in operation, "training to work in urban environments,"!

Just another reason the government is going to far. This act of not alerting city official and the mayor is a great example of the government disrespecting the rights of the state goverment. My Opinion: Yes we are part of the Union But your Not allowed in my back yard without my permission late at night. You come to the Front door and let me know whats going on!

This so called accident which is going to be investigated by the General is a breach in military and state protocal. It will be added to the list of many purposeful accidents the government has been involved in lately.

Your Ideas?

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/07/13/army-says-its-helicopters-buzzed-washington-city/

• Like 2

Right, and training in urban environments mightn't be a useful part of military training, of course. No, it has to be yet more prisonplant/infowars style paranoia about Mr. O about Martial Law, of course.

• Like 4

I think Training in Urban enviroments is Important. Just not Important enough to do in the dark of the night without letting the mayor or governor know prior to the event. Why keep it a secret? Btw I said nothing about my present President, You Did!

• Like 1

I think Training in Urban enviroments is Important. Just not Important enough to do in the dark of the night without letting the mayor or governor know prior to the event. Why keep it a secret? Btw I said nothing about my present President, You Did!

Why keep it a secret? Probably because it was only helicopters flying around in the sky for a night... Sounds to me like people are just over reacting. How exactly were people "terrorized" by these helicopters?

Ive seen helicopters flying around the city during the day and night, yet I never felt "terrorized".

• Like 3

And the very threat title is utter bs. You're insinuating, through the title, that the true problem is that the US is training for operations in urban areas, as if that is something bad.

• Like 1

Us Military Creates chaos in washington state in the middle of the night. Flying Cargo helicopters around midnight in downtown without alerting city officials. The General Admits a training mission was in operation, "training to work in urban environments,"!

Just another reason the government is going to far. This act of not alerting city official and the mayor is a great example of the government disrespecting the rights of the state goverment. My Opinion: Yes we are part of the Union But your Not allowed in my back yard without my permission late at night. You come to the Front door and let me know whats going on!

This so called accident which is going to be investigated by the General is a breach in military and state protocal. It will be added to the list of many purposeful accidents the government has been involved in lately.

Your Ideas?

http://www.foxnews.c...ashington-city/

Couldn't get the link right, but was this an announced to the public training exercise, prior to it being executed?

Why keep it a secret? Probably because it was only helicopters flying around in the sky for a night... Sounds to me like people are just over reacting. How exactly were people "terrorized" by these helicopters?

Ive seen helicopters flying around the city during the day and night, yet I never felt "terrorized".

You haven't been there yet Stellar, but when you're in one place on the ground, even inside a building, when a flight of Chinooks goes over, it's real impressive, and real loud, and at night time, most folks are sleeping.

Is it possible for common sense and decency to factor into government decisions?

• Like 2

post-138253-0-74140700-1373753591_thumb.post-138253-0-04404100-1373753599_thumb.

For those urban people that believe the helicopters aren't a big deal. Imagine a dozen of these hovering out your back door!

• Like 1

And the very threat title is utter bs. You're insinuating, through the title, that the true problem is that the US is training for operations in urban areas, as if that is something bad.

Did you reads the article or just the title. I put a link to the article for that very reason. I know it works because I just visited it though the link. Also never did I insinuate anything Everything I mentioned in the topic is talked about in the article or from my own prior military knowledge. At no time can the military have operations in urban areas without notifing state officials.

It may not be the most amasing act of governments overpowerment over the states. But combined with the mass ammunitions purchases and targets of pregnant women and children purchased by homeland security. It sure does raise a question or two about the issue.

a person can easily call another person paraniod, But Its alot harder for them to beg me to let them into my fall-out shelter!

• Like 1

It may not be the most amasing act of governments overpowerment over the states. But combined with the mass ammunitions purchases and targets of pregnant women and children purchased by homeland security. It sure does raise a question or two about the issue.

a person can easily call another person paraniod, But Its alot harder for them to beg me to let them into my fall-out shelter!

Are you seriously implying that the purchase of women and children targets are meant to be used as target practice?

Or did you stop and think that maybe its going to be used as a training aid to not fire on civilians.

Please explain why you mentioned this.

This is not new news but here is the link to the news article..

http://thenewamerica...-pregnant-women

The department of homeland security has bought 2 million dollars worth of these tagets to shoot at. Calling them do-not-hesitate targets. everything is in the link provided.

This is the stuff non-informational voters need to see.

Edited by Allterspace

This is not new news but here is the link to the news article..

http://thenewamerica...-pregnant-women

The department of homeland security has bought 2 million dollars worth of these tagets to shoot at. Calling them do-not-hesitate targets. everything is in the link provided.

This is the stuff non-informational voters need to see.

First paragraph of the article:

Even as the Obama administration continues to stockpile enough ammunition to kill every American multiple times, law-enforcement agencies were reportedly caught requesting so-called “no more hesitation” targets featuring pictures of children, pregnant women, mothers at playgrounds, and elderly people. The company behind the controversial scheme, which has received millions of taxpayer dollars from the Department of Homeland Security, said the images were specifically requested by government officials.

Did you not realize that the article itself initially starts off on a false premise?

The second paragraph begins to talk about infowars.

Don't know how else to better say this. Are you seriously buying into this BS?

Who is this Marshall, and what is his law? ;) I apologize for that. Yeah, they should alert cities and states when they conduct such operations. It brings various arguments with federal agencies to mind.

• Like 2

What, they bought a mass consigment of pop-up targets of pregnant women & childrens for use on firing ranges, then? Was this from the same people as they buy all these tens of thousands of plastic Coffins from, and those unmarked rail cars that are waiting to haul the People off into the FEMA Camps?

• Like 1

You haven't been there yet Stellar, but when you're in one place on the ground, even inside a building, when a flight of Chinooks goes over, it's real impressive, and real loud, and at night time, most folks are sleeping.

Is it possible for common sense and decency to factor into government decisions?

For those urban people that believe the helicopters aren't a big deal. Imagine a dozen of these hovering out your back door!

Having been meters away from numerous military helicopters both on the ground and hovering/flying slightly above it, I can tell you that that its not that much different than a normal helicopter. Furthermore, they were not dozens of these "hovering" outside of anyone's back door. There was 8 of them, according to the news article. Quit trying to play up the incident.

The helicopters disturbed people, yes. The city didn't know it was happening. Understood. Now the officials can coordinate between each other and see if it is possible for this type of incident to be less disruptive next time. That's all there is to it. Its not as big of a deal as you and others are making it out to be.

• Like 1

Are you seriously implying that the purchase of women and children targets are meant to be used as target practice?

Or did you stop and think that maybe its going to be used as a training aid to not fire on civilians.

Please explain why you mentioned this.

all the "no more hesitation" targets were armed, so clearly they were intended to be fired at.

190213target1.jpg

more here:

http://www.infowars....can-gun-owners/

what made you think they were targets not to be fired at?

is it that you just oppose everything that infowars informs the world about, or do you have something concrete?

Edited by Little Fish
  • Like 2

Having been meters away from numerous military helicopters both on the ground and hovering/flying slightly above it, I can tell you that that its not that much different than a normal helicopter. Furthermore, they were not dozens of these "hovering" outside of anyone's back door. There was 8 of them, according to the news article. Quit trying to play up the incident.

The helicopters disturbed people, yes. The city didn't know it was happening. Understood. Now the officials can coordinate between each other and see if it is possible for this type of incident to be less disruptive next time. That's all there is to it. Its not as big of a deal as you and others are making it out to be.

Quit trying to play down the incident.

It's rude behavior if nothing else. Why didn't they tell anybody it was coming?

Not to mention that the spirit of Posse Comitatus is dead and gone. :td:

• Like 1

Even a flight of 8 Blackhawks would raise the dead at that time of night! Chinooks would cause windows to rattle if they were low enough. Probably it's just a miscommunication but people are pretty darned antsy just now and it was a whopper of a mistake for someone to make. In a situation like that my first instinct would be that a terror attack had happened somewhere close by.
  • Like 1

all the "no more hesitation" targets were armed, so clearly they were intended to be fired at.

190213target1.jpg

more here:

is it that you just oppose everything that infowars informs the world about, or do you have something concrete?

I'm petty sure Stellar doesn't have time to read the articles posted because he spends way to much time counting his comments. Infowars was the first to notice Homeland Security Buying 2 million dollars worth of these targets, But not the only one to write an article about it.

Exactly. Rude behaviour. Thats all. Not some nefarious attempt by the military to enslave the US population like the author is trying to make out.

Why didnt they tell anybody? Ask the general. As for Posse Comitatus, how exactly does this have anything to do with it?

190213target1.jpg

more here:

Women, elderly, and children pointing a weapon at you isn't considered a hostile threat?

Exactly what fantasy world do you live in if you feel that way?

I'm petty sure Stellar doesn't have time to read the articles posted because he spends way to much time counting his comments. Infowars was the first to notice Homeland Security Buying 2 million dollars worth of these targets, But not the only one to write an article about it.

Because infowars is in the business of fear mongering.

You Are in "The Conspiracy Theory Forum".

We are? How did I get here?! Who put me in this place?!. . . I want to know who's responsible for this situation!!!

In all seriousness, I do find the lack of communication among branches of government to be-------disturbing. But I've been complaining for months about the militarization of our culture. I think this is another example thereof. The US armed forces have become clumsier, more entitled and therefore less willing and/or able to handle what should be routine PR clearances.

My jaded image of the military is of an adolescent boy used to getting his own way, bloated with fiscal fat and marred by self-image problems stemming from dubious wars, now biting the hand that feeds it. And then trying to shirk chores around the house (i.e., properly care for veterans).

By a lack of critical thinking about, and permissiveness towards, the military since at least 2001, we the people are reaping what we've sown.

Edited by szentgyorgy
  • Like 1

Who is this Marshall, and what is his law? ;) I apologize for that. Yeah, they should alert cities and states when they conduct such operations. It brings various arguments with federal agencies to mind.

Murphy's brother... Murph's law states that 'if anything can go wrong.. it will' ... Marshal's law is .... Everything HAS gone wrong. Yes, they should alert cities and states when they conduct such operations. An alerted public wouldn't decrease the effectiveness of 'training' going on overhead?

As for targets of women and children and the elderly... i'd guess those are needed to desensitize soldiers to shooting such targets?... under orders? Just in case it's a little girl or grandmother that's wired to **BLOW**! . Horrific .. any way you look at it.

Edited by lightly
  • Like 2