Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

American Horror Story

• Please log in to reply
150 replies to this topic

#151    Overdueleaf

Overdueleaf

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,129 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 12:40 AM

Just watched the first season on netflix..what a strange but enjoyable show... lol.. will have to wait a year for season 2 to come to netflix as i do not have regular cable/satellite... i suppose if i have time on my hands and the inclination i could always look to see if there are episodes online

Posted Image

Your memory IS foggy. It's the pancakes

#152    Vincennes

Vincennes

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,537 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 08:43 PM

Thanks for putting this out.  I would have missed it since I always record in order to skip the commercials  !

#153    F3SS

F3SS

Her name is Jodi :)

• 7,565 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 02:38 PM

Did anybody see that last episode, 'Spilt Milk'? Wow was that gross.

Posted Image

#154    Beckys_Mom

Beckys_Mom

Sarcastic Muppet..!

• 51,196 posts

• "I hate pretentious people. I mean, what is the point in applying exorbitantly extensive vocabulary, it is just straightforwardly unnecessary".

Posted 10 February 2013 - 01:58 PM

-Mr_Fess-, on 13 January 2013 - 02:38 PM, said:

Did anybody see that last episode, 'Spilt Milk'? Wow was that gross.

Yes it was.. I cannot be bothered to watch this show any more, it is just too weird...

Posted ImageRAW Berris... Dare you enter?

If there's a heaven...I hope to hell I get there !

#155    F3SS

F3SS

• 7,565 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 02:04 PM

Beckys_Mom, on 10 February 2013 - 01:58 PM, said:

Yes it was.. I cannot be bothered to watch this show any more, it is just too weird...
Lol, did I that do you in? If you made it that far you have to finish now. I promise that was as disturbing as it gets and nothing remotely that sickening happens for the rest of the show.

Edited by -Mr_Fess-, 10 February 2013 - 02:05 PM.

Posted Image

#156    Tia

Tia

The Naughty Angel.

• 6,274 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 06:36 AM

I had watched the first series and found it totally different to most shows I've seen. I've been waiting for series 2 and only found out by accident on Monday that it was out in Australia.

Skip to Sunday and the whole series has been downloaded and watched. I really enjoyed the second series better, I just felt more drawn in by it.

First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win. Gandhi.
HEY I WON!

#157    Detective Mystery 2015

Detective Mystery 2015

Poltergeist

• 2,771 posts

• Mysteries are tomorrow's histories.

Posted 19 March 2013 - 03:34 AM

There will be a third season. It will feature witches in New Orleans, which brings Ann Rice to mind. Kathy Bates will join the cast. Jessica Lange will stay to play her enemy or nemesis.

There is one reality with billions of versions.

#158    Detective Mystery 2015

Detective Mystery 2015

Poltergeist

• 2,771 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 03:18 AM

Won't New Orleans get a bit crowded with paranormal people? "American Horror Story" will be set there during its third season. Ann Rice set many of her books in the Big Easy. "True Blood", with its vampires and supernatural zoo, takes place in Louisiana.

#159    F3SS

F3SS

• 7,565 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 03:40 AM

It's a classic moody setting for certain types of horror. Sometimes it's used right and sometimes it's crammed in for cliche. Thanks for the update on season 3!

Posted Image

#160    Detective Mystery 2015

Detective Mystery 2015

Poltergeist

• 2,771 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 03:48 AM

-Mr_Fess-, on 02 May 2013 - 03:40 AM, said:

It's a classic moody setting for certain types of horror. Sometimes it's used right and sometimes it's crammed in for cliche. Thanks for the update on season 3!

It's a great setting for horror stories, especially when you look at how New Orleans is replete with ghost stories that share space with practitioners of voodoo. It's one of those supernatural hot spots.

#161    WolvenHeart7

WolvenHeart7

EternalSeer

• 3,939 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 04:52 PM

I can't wait for the 3rd Season.
I devoured the other two.. I thought that Asylum was better than the first season.
Jessica Lange is an extraordinary actress, but I love what Evan Peters brings to the show as well.

"When I tell the truth, it is not for the sake of convincing those who do not know it, but for the sake of defending those that do." -William Blake

#162    Simbi Laveau

Simbi Laveau

Overlord A. Snuffleupagus

• 8,266 posts

• ~So what's all this then ?!

Posted 03 May 2013 - 06:34 AM

Detective Mystery 2013, on 02 May 2013 - 03:18 AM, said:

Won't New Orleans get a bit crowded with paranormal people? "American Horror Story" will be set there during its third season. Ann Rice set many of her books in the Big Easy. "True Blood", with its vampires and supernatural zoo, takes place in Louisiana.
Are you being serious ? New Orleans is the home of voodoo in America. Everything there is paranormal . Anne Rice lived there for decades . That's why she set her books there ,but the place has been famous for hoodoo voodoo zombies werewolves and vampires,since before we were born . This is nothing new .
Rice just capitalized on the local lore.
There are witches in new Orleans ,but its mostly voodoo practitioners,which is *not* the same thing ,at all .
I know of two witch shoppes in NO ,and they cater mostly to tourists ,whereas voodoo stuff ,the real deal,is mostly local ppl .
There are a few voodoo shoppes,but the ones say in the FQ,also cater to the tourists .
You need to go outside the FQ for yer voodoo .
I do highly recommend Lady MiMis Shoppe though . She is in the FQ,and she's a witch ,not a wannabe making money off tourists as a trade.
The other witch shoppe in the FQ,I don't think will make it .
He's only there because he was forced out of Salem ,Mass,by morons.
Or so it seems.
He doesn't do huge business. Salem is not new Orleans flavored .

Edited by Simbi Laveau, 03 May 2013 - 06:37 AM.

Miss me?

#163    Drayno

Drayno

Bounty Hunter

• 3,890 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 05:10 PM

AliveInDeath7, on 02 May 2013 - 04:52 PM, said:

I can't wait for the 3rd Season.
I devoured the other two.. I thought that Asylum was better than the first season.
Jessica Lange is an extraordinary actress, but I love what Evan Peters brings to the show as well.

I prefer Evan Peters as Tate versus Kit, but both are great characters. :P

"Let us sit upon the ground and tell sad stories of the death of kings."
- William Shakespeare, Richard II, Act III, Scene II
Posted Image

#164    Detective Mystery 2015

Detective Mystery 2015

Poltergeist

• 2,771 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 02:34 AM

Simbi Laveau, on 03 May 2013 - 06:34 AM, said:

Are you being serious ? New Orleans is the home of voodoo in America. Everything there is paranormal . Anne Rice lived there for decades . That's why she set her books there ,but the place has been famous for hoodoo voodoo zombies werewolves and vampires,since before we were born . This is nothing new .
Rice just capitalized on the local lore.
There are witches in new Orleans ,but its mostly voodoo practitioners,which is *not* the same thing ,at all .
I know of two witch shoppes in NO ,and they cater mostly to tourists ,whereas voodoo stuff ,the real deal,is mostly local ppl .
There are a few voodoo shoppes,but the ones say in the FQ,also cater to the tourists .
You need to go outside the FQ for yer voodoo .
I do highly recommend Lady MiMis Shoppe though . She is in the FQ,and she's a witch ,not a wannabe making money off tourists as a trade.
The other witch shoppe in the FQ,I don't think will make it .
He's only there because he was forced out of Salem ,Mass,by morons.
Or so it seems.
He doesn't do huge business. Salem is not new Orleans flavored .

Read my posts in this thread. You'll find mentions of both hauntings and voodoo in New Orleans. I'm well aware of these things. My point is that three major series of books/movies/shows share like settings.

#165    Simbi Laveau

Simbi Laveau

Overlord A. Snuffleupagus

• 8,266 posts

• ~So what's all this then ?!

Posted 04 May 2013 - 03:48 AM

Detective Mystery 2013, on 04 May 2013 - 02:34 AM, said:

Read my posts in this thread. You'll find mentions of both hauntings and voodoo in New Orleans. I'm well aware of these things. My point is that three major series of books/movies/shows share like settings.
True Blood isn't set in new Orleans . It's not bayou country either ,its just Louisiana . It could just as easily be Mississippi .
One season of a series in new Orleans ,isn't that big a deal. The Anne Rice series is over 30 years old now . It's not that big a deal.
In general ,a lot of filming is done in NO now,because its cheaper than NY or LA.
If you compare how many series are filmed in those two states,or even Chicago ,its a lot more than NO.
Treme is the only full blown tv series being filmed there now ,but at any given time,at least two Hollywood productions film in NO at the same time,if not more .It's a way to bring revenues back to the city since Katrina  .

Miss me?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users