Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Books on Reincarnation?

Samyann

I like reading, imagining, writing, thinking about reincarnation. I find the whole concept intriguing that people have met or known each other before, or lived a prior existence. I don’t really think about being Joan of Arc or anything like that, more along the lines of a barefoot housewife in Coffeeville, Kansas :-). I just really like the ‘what if’ factor: What if is is really true and the way it really is?

Anyway, anyone know of any good ones?

• Like 2

Well, I know some good ones about dogs, that are told from a dogs perspective and the dog's journey to find his purpose and discover why he keeps coming back.

A Dog's Purpose by W. Bruce Cameron

And the second one:

A Dog's Journey by the same author

I just read them a little while ago and I think they were awesome. Very emotional and funny, but serious and cute... I recommend them :)

Thanks! I never thought about the possibility of animal reincarnation.

*looking at chihuahua suspiciously*

That would mean animals have souls….that is if you believe reincarnation involves the soul.

• Like 1

The Reincarnation of Peter Proud and Audrey Rose are two books on reincarnation that were made into movies. Green Darkness is a novel based on past lives.

I am the author of a speculative fiction series that is based on two of my past lives. It traces four generations of female characters who reincarnate ( as women and as men) to continue their spiritual journeys and lessons.

It's called the Green Stone of Healing® series, and you can find it at all online bookstores, in paperback and Kindle/Nook e-book formats.

I’ve read Proud and Rose, but not Green Darkness or yours. That’s great, I’ll check them out.

You’ll find a link in my signature for my book, published same as yours except audiobook, too. It’s also based on a reincarnation theme.

There are so few books out there on this topic, remarkable since a few billion people on earth believe in the concept.

I had dreams when I was less than 12 about a small town and wearing a school uniform, like a plaid skirt, white shirt…and hearing the cadence of marching boots on cement or cobblestone. I saw a narrow street and a steepled church. That’s about the extent of the dream. Since I was born in the early 50s, I’ve often thought it was from a life in Europe during the war. But, that’s just guessing.

What were your past lives?

Coming back, the science of reincarnation.....by A.C Bhaktivedanta and Swami Prabhupada.

Interesting reading as part of a research.

• Like 2

Coming back, the science of reincarnation.....by A.C Bhaktivedanta and Swami Prabhupada.

Interesting reading as part of a research.

Thanks for this, I’ll check it out.

• 7 months later...

Stuff by Allan Kardec. His books on spirits and mediumship, explain how spirits exist here and on the other side, and why we reincarnate.

I ve read just about everyone of them, but what interested is when a person does a violent act against some one causing death ,they are stuck in the same scene over and over after their death.

The Search For a Soul, Taylor Caldwell's Psychic Lives is an old but wonderful book. Don't let the cheesy 70's cover fool you.

The Story of Light is about finding one's life purpose over many incarnations. A well reviewed novel, find it on amazon

• 4 months later...

Samyann, if you still seek a true story about spirits and reincarnation, take a look at this book; "LADELL: The Final Chapter" (Amazon).

Was Ladell Allen Bonner the drunken, promiscuous woman history has portrayed her to be? Did she haunt her home after committing suicide? What is the true story of her life? What is the truth about her death? Ladell died after ingesting a fatal dose of poison on Christmas night, 1948. She would have passed into history and been forgotten about, were it not for two seemingly innocuous things: she became known as “The crazy lady in the big house who killed herself,” and she haunted the house following her death.

What is the true story? Casting aside all the innuendo, speculation and rumors, I set out to find the truth. In addition to clairaudient skills I have used to communicate with her, I applied my investigative skills from a career as a law enforcement officer and investigator. As the story began to unfold, I researched every facet of it, corroborating every step in her life with factual information. I conducted searches, discovered old photographs, found long-lost documentation, and interviewed people who had known Ladell or her family. I discovered the truth about this lady, and she and I have told her story in this book.

But the story goes beyond that. Ladell has also described in frank detail what happened during and after her death, and what life is like in the after-life. Further, I analyzed her death, and reached a shocking conclusion. Did she really commit suicide? Whatever your preconceived opinions are about the lady, prepare yourself for an altered perception. Things are not as they have been previously reported.

You will Live Again by Brad Steiger. Whether or not this is pure evidence of reported subjects in reincarnation, you'll like this book.

I personally visited Coffeyville, KS on the OK state line in a family trip back in 2006. What a nice small town it is...and even though I'm a male, I believed I was a turn of the (20th) century housewife in New England (3 out of my estimated 14 lives I was female). I question the nature of reincarnation is about fate of free will. Can you choose your parents/family? The time or year? The place or nation? Your race or culture? income? and gender? Not only we could lived before...or "you will live again".

• Like 1

Don't know if I'd call them good but Cayce on Reincarnation and The Search For Bridey Murphy are two "classics" on the subject.

I am surprised that nobody mentionned Ian Stevenson's work on reincarnation. He is the main rerefence in this field, the one who brought credibility to this subject by meticulously researching cases and presenting his findings to the scientific community. Most researchers of reincarnation these days are actually borrowing heavily on his work.

Twenty Cases Suggestive Of Reincarnation by Ian Stevensen

A must read for anyone interested in this topic.

http://www.amazon.co...d/dp/0813908728

Edited by sam_comm
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...