Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Ban on 'degrading’ dances for dogs

Still Waters

The Kennel Club has announced a ban on 'degrading' routines and tricks following a rise in the popularity of dog dancing.

When Pudsey the dog triumphed on Britain’s Got Talent, it led to a surge of interest in the little-known pastime of dog dancing.

The animal’s performance, ­ pirouetting on his hind legs and weaving through the arms of his 16-year-old owner, Ashleigh Butler, prompted other owners to have a go with their pets.

But some of the dance moves being attempted have so alarmed the Kennel Club that it has announced a ban on certain tricks.

http://www.telegraph...s-for-dogs.html

Personally I don't like to see any animal dressed up in clothes, or doing so called party tricks.

• Like 2

I loved watching Pudsey on Britains Got Talent.. that god had real talent..so cute too.

[media=]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dv_gOBi8Wpk[/media]

I would love a dog like Pudsey ... :wub:

Edited by Beckys_Mom

Personally I don't like to see any animal dressed up in clothes, or doing so called party tricks.

I agree. Dogs are dogs. You should like them because they are dogs, not little fuzzy humans who poop on the lawn. Respect an animal for what it is, in my opinion.

I agree with the Kennel Club. Their Twisting is cute and harmless but their Foxtrot is degrading and usually ends in tears. (specially for the fox)

I agree with everything banned excepted the 'degrading' by dressing the dogs up part.

I don't think a dog feels degraded wearing a conservative costume because they are not human and do not feel human emotions.

I think they feel emotions as a dog lover I do but I don't think embarrassment from a sparkly vest is one of them.

• Like 1

I think I'll stick with my dogs party trick... He's always high-fived, and now does it to the command "What up" like on How I Met Your Mother :P

Although he can stand on his back legs for quite a while. Never asked him to do it, he just likes to see what I'm cooking

• Like 1

I think they feel emotions as a dog lover I do but I don't think embarrassment from a sparkly vest is one of them.

Does this guy look embarrassed?

tutu.jpg

I say YES! (lol)