Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

War Protesters

IrishGent

Hey guys i know that i am mainly just a smart a$$ funny guy but not now....i would really like to see what you guys think about the protesters

personaly i am against it, i dont think it is right to display such negativity when we have soldiers over seas protecting our country, i cant imagine how the soldiers families must fell to hear people protest sayin war is wrong..we tried everything else and it didnt work..war was the only option left..and i thik we are doing what we had and have to do..

i just wanted 2 know if im not the only one that feels this way

and i wish all the best to the soldiers and their families.

-edit-

Corrected topic title, putting the caps in the right place...

Edited by Phantom

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Homer

• Bizarro

• lil_kanga77

• Pale_Horse

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi MP wavey.gif Don't feel alone on this one, I agree with you.

I don't believe anyone wants to have a WAR but i think this had to happen and it's better to be now than later.

One thing I was wondering about is - Where were the protesters when Iraq attacked Kuwait, and where were the protesters when they slaughtered 100,000 or so Kurds ?

I feel the protesting is a good thing to do when your feeling deeply about something. On the other hand it's better to volunteer your time at an animal shelter, hospital or any other place that helps those in need. I for one support our troops they're the ones the help us when our country is in need.

Thats a very good question.

The war protesters, at least in the U.S., represent a very small minority, as this country is overwhelmingly in support of the war. However, this small minority is a representative of all that is wrong with this world, and they should be destroyed.

I'm so thankul they don't have these demonstrations where I live, or I swear by God, there will be a bloodbath on a scale that has never been seen before in this city. I will make it my goal to personally kill as many of these people as I can before I die. These people are terrorists, and they should be annihilated.

A terrorist bomb goes off, and rescue workers can't come to the rescue, because protesters are blocking the streets. A building is on fire, and the firetrucks can't come to the rescue, because protesters are blocking the streets. A pregnant woman can't make it to the hospital because the protesters are blocking the streets, and if she dies due to complications, who is liable? In New York, $900,000.00 of tax payer money goes to pay the overtime of law enforcement so the protesters can have their protest. This country is at war, with a terror threat level of high, and half of our law enforcement is protecting the streets from the protesters, instead of protecting the civilians from possible terrorists. How is that for an allocation of resources in time of war?!!

I am neither joking or exaggerating when I say that the killing wont stop until I am dead. These people are terrorists, and their destruction, should they assemble in my neck of the woods, will be my lifes goal.

Homer

The time for protesting was before the war, once this war started the line was drawn, no more protesting it's time to unite behind our troops. These brave men and women of the allied forces are dying over there for us and we owe our allegiance to them.

the protestors represent exactly what we are fighting for. i don't care how many idiots there are in the streets because i would die to defend their right to believe what they choose, regardless of if i believe it or not. that's why america is the great place it is.

I think it's very inapropriate and extremely direspectful of these people who continue they're anti-war marches in public while British and American soldiers are risking their lives down in Iraq. These protestors have nothing left to accomplish - the decision has been made about whether to go to war or not - the soldiers are hardly going to turn round a few miles from Baghdad and go home because of a few people on the streets in London or Washington.

This is the time to support the coalition forces in Iraq - not to parade around complaining about a decision that has already been made.

I am with Mental Patient and The Oracle on this! I don't really agree that war is the answer but how else would Saddam have been stoppped.

Although i would of rather war did not go ahead i have got to support my countries and our allies men and women that are out there now trying to make a change.

Here in England protests are still taking place although i generally think that a hell of alot of peoples attitudes are changing after seeing what has been shown on TV.

blink.gif

i agree ...all protests should stop.....get behind the troops......after all the troops did not decide to go into iraq....this is decided higher up the ladder,,,i.e mr bush and mr blair....i would also like to point out the majority of both countries voted these people in to do what they thought was best for their country and world peace...note to the protesters ,,,if iraq invaded your country who would you be looking to get them out...YES the same troops who are over in the gulf....so stop your moaning before we have an anti iraq syndrome like the us did with vietnam ,these men and woman are trained to do a job and do it they must ,whether they agree to it or not..

IF THE PROTESTERS REALLY WANT THIS TO END,,TAKE IT TO THE TOP.....

I.E GO TO YOUR LOCAL HOLY PLACE AND PRAY TO GOD FOR PEACE..

in this county, the good ol usa, everyone has the right to voice their opinion. calling them terrorist and wishing them malice seems like something the media image of sadam would do. and yes the country for the most part is behind this conflict, but its kinda scary those that are against the war all the sudden are against the country.

as far as protesting during desert storm / desert shield, there were protest just not as many or not as well covered in the media.

this idea that anyone that does not agree with what the government is spoon feeding them is a terrorist reminds me of something i, and i am sure every one else, studied in history, the bandwagon effect.

Edited by Hobo

I just want to ask why are there no Pro-war demonstrators...

I'd definitely go to one of those marches.

My other views on the war are arguing inside me.

I hope that Iraq is restored to a "democracy" soon.

The reasoning behind the war seems sound,in my opinion.

A democracy is not perfect, but I prefer it to the alternative

nobody said we were supposed to say if we were for or against the war...

but our opinion on the war protesters...which we have done...wether we are for or against the war,,,,that's another topic smile.gif

There have been some Pro-war demonstrations , we had one in Atlanta a couple of weekends ago. I guess it wasn't , (what's the word I'm looking for ) controversial enough for them. And is it just me, but I find all these celebrities that are protesting and speaking out against the war highly annoying. I'm all for freedom of speech, but as it was mentioned earlier, the time for protesing is over.

Hobo,

Terrorist = One that engages in acts or an act of terror

Terror = Violence committed or threatened by a group to intimidate or coerce a population, as for military or political purposes

Have you ever heard that saying 'a rose by any other name is still a rose?' The same applies to the so-called peace demonstrators. You can call them whatever you like, but they are still terrorists. Wishing terrorists malice is not only a good thing, but to not wish it is wrong. Have you not read my previous post? What part did you not understand? To have a peaceful demonstration is a right in this country and many other countries as well, and nobody is against that in principle. Now that war has begun, to protest it is morally wrong, regardless of ones belief. But the type of protests that have been going on is morally wrong at any time, and that is also regardless of ones belief. I am all for true peaceful demonstrations, but that is not the issue anymore. The issue is the unruly mobs that claim to be peace demonstrators. They are terrorists despite what you may want to call them.

Further examples of this fact, that was not included in my previous post, is a small business owner is afraid to open his business because of the mob. Too bad for him if his business is barely making a profit. Certain parts of the city are closed off, and you can't even drive your car down certain streets because the mob wont let you. There are mobs outside daycare centers to prevent people from dropping their children off. In all these situations, your right to work and commute has been taken from you. If you are a consumer interested in buying something from areas where the mob is, forget about it, because that right has been taken from you as well. Most importantly, and one I already mentioned, is the allocation of resources. There is no safe place within the city because law enforcement is too busy with crowd control, to preserve the rights of terrorists, so your rights can be taken.

In Seattle, for example, residents are specifically being told that if they aren't in IMMEDIATE danger, don't call the authorities, as they are busy with crowd control. My first post was by far more profound than this one, yet you fail to grasp the importance. It's not about everyone having a right to voice their opinion. That has never been in question. It's about these terrorists taking your rights and safety and freedom away, and calling it a demonstration.

You said: "this idea that anyone that does not agree with what the government is spoon feeding them is a terrorist reminds me of something i, and i am sure every one else, studied in history, the bandwagon effect."

Nobody has ever said that, whether in the forum or in the media, so I think you're on your own with that 'idea' of yours rolleyes.gif

Just to let everyone know, I will be leaving the forum for awhile. With this post I will say 'see you later', and that I had to go out with another example of my intellectual superiority over those that think they know what they are talking about.

Take care everyone smile.gif

And stay cool cool.gif

Homer, youre wrong when you call a peace demonstrator a terrorist. what violence are demonstrators threatening? i see them as fools myself, but i dont feel they are a threat to anyone or anything. if they are halting business or some other service, they are arrested and taken to jail. they arent threatening anyone, if a business closes it is not due to threats but to the fears of the owner that it might be damaged. have these demonstrators attacked businesses? i havent seen that happen yet.

i think you are failing to grasp that you live in a democracy. by the very nature of that democracy there will be fringe elements who believe in all types of things. if we seek to silence them, we are not a democracy at all. just because the war is begun doesnt change their belief in peace, so they have the right to continue expressing it. i do agree with you that a great deal of these protestors are just kids jumping on a bandwagon because its the cool thing to do but i know that they all arent. many of the protestors you see on TV are idiots just out to get some press, but there are also many who just hold quiet vigils night after night and get no press as well.

these people are not morally wrong! gimme a break. they know they will be arrested and they know the risks they take to get their opinions out. non-violent protest is their way of doing that. most of them believe they are HELPING the troops by trying to bring them home.

what is morally wrong is that you expect our entire country to be united under your belief that this war is justified. we would be no better than Iraq in that case. in a democracy there is no such thing as agreement. between the extremes you will find the sensible voice of the majority. that sensible voice is all that keeps us from being nazis or communists.

I am neither joking or exaggerating when I say that the killing wont stop until I am dead. These people are terrorists, and their destruction, should they assemble in my neck of the woods, will be my lifes goal.

Terrorist = One that engages in acts or an act of terror

would not threatening a group of people make you a terroist?

i dont see how you having a different opinion makes you mentaly superior, your unwilingness to accept that others may think differently says something else entirely.

btw: i hope a heated argument has not led you to you decision to make a hiatas, after all they are only words...

Edited by Hobo

Guest Guest

Many of these so called 'peace' protestors who are against the war are runnig around rioting in their countries causing trouble with the police etc. so it is a bit ironic that the very reason they are marching for they can't adhere to.

id like to add that once someone starts to destroy property, acting violently, what have you, they are no longer a protester, but a criminal taking advantage of a situation. and they should be treated accordingly.

is this what it has come to? arguing about arguments made in an argument!! mad.gif

dear friends, family members, etc.... are dying right now!. as we speak. does anyone disagree? if you were in HELL, as they are,would you like to think that people are behind you? or would you rather think that americans are arguing in a forum about a things that they cant control. what everyone needs to do right now is hit their knees, and pray to GOD that we win this war. the protests are wrong. before, they were ok. now its wrong. lets leave it at that. hostility * hostility= more hostility, and hard feelings. supports the troops, dont bash the President, stand as a nation that has pride. we are only as strong as our weekest link in the chain.

CASTOR

Stock purchase tip: I heard that the companies that make those plastic hand cuffs can't keep up with the demand. My idea of irony is to fine all the arrested unruly protesters $1000. and direct that money toward the war effort. And as for post war protesting, if you try to talk me out of a fight before I start you are my friend but if you harass me while I'm fighting....you're my enemy.

umm. this is exactly why its so hard to fight wars as a democracy.

i agree with you, Castor, but you can't demand that others do. people aren't arguing about things they can't control, since in a democracy we choose our leaders. if you don't think this argument matters, youre mistaken. just wait until the next election if this war is still going on, and i guarantee you will see just how these arguments show up there as well.

argument is a major component of democracy, we are over there sacrificing our young people for our safety, but also to give the iraqis the ablity to argue and to stand up and say that 'i have my own opinion'.

NO NO NO, im saying that you cant go out and just stop the protesting. that you cant stop. and if you think voters control whats going on, you live in a dream world. but i think we do see eye to eye on a lot of things and i enjoy your thought provoking ideas. do you have an IM on AOL? if so, i am on all the time and would like to discuss topics frequently. mine is maverick27hoya

CASTOR

ps. what is up with that lady from the dixi chicks(however you spell it) saying what she did about our President?

ya, voters control nothing. we are really controlled by old white men who meet every so often in hidden rooms in London and talk about global domination while sipping tea.

i guarantee you that if this war goes badly, Bush and all those Republicans will not be back in Washington- but im just going to continue living in my dream world. mad.gif

im glad that Dixie Chick said how she felt. it doesn't bother me at all.