Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * - - 4 votes

More NASA UFO's?

ufo nasa

• Please log in to reply
1528 replies to this topic

Poll: Are these UFO's? (51 member(s) have cast votes)

Do these videos contain images of UFO's?

1. Yes (22 votes [43.14%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 43.14%

2. No (29 votes [56.86%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 56.86%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1381    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 31,215 posts

• If you stop to think, Remember to start again

Posted 21 November 2012 - 02:01 AM

View PostJimOberg, on 21 November 2012 - 01:44 AM, said:

Goddard? I missed the story about him and UFOs.  Did you mean von Braun?

No, I just seem him bundled with Oberth and Konstantin Tsiolkovsky on a regular basis on the UFO sites, and Edgar Mitchell made reference to him in a radio interview on Larry King's show on Independence Day, last year... I think?

But no UFO stories that I know of.

Edited by psyche101, 21 November 2012 - 02:02 AM.

Things are what they are. - Me Reality can't be debunked. That's the beauty of it. - Capeo If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants. - Sir Isaac Newton Let me repeat the lesson learned from the Sturrock scientific review panel: Pack up your old data and forget it. Ufology needs new data, new cases, new rigorous and scientific methodologies if it hopes ever to get out of its pit. - Ed Stewart Youtube is the last refuge of the ignorant and is more often used for disinformation than genuine research.  There is a REASON for PEER REVIEW... - Chrlzs Nothing is inexplicable, just unexplained. - Dr Who

#1382    DONTEATUS

DONTEATUS

Forum Divinity

• 17,446 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 02:02 AM

Well At least we all can agree on one thing ! Goddard,And Von-Braun really are the Fathers of our Space Age ! :tsu:

This is a Work in Progress!

#1383    TheMacGuffin

TheMacGuffin

Government Agent

• 4,159 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 02:06 AM

View PostJimOberg, on 21 November 2012 - 01:59 AM, said:

Sure he sounds knowledgeable to the unknowledged, which are his target audience. See the little red target illuminator dancing on your chest?

Ken was never a pilot of any kind -- that was a tall tale. Grumman says they checked their 'test pilot' list and he wasn't on it. He claims the Smithsonian LM was 'his' ship but he was never in it [the test engineers who were are all documented -- his name isn't on any list].

But he seems to have assumed that nobody in his target audience would ever know the diufference, or care. Seems he gauged you accurately, MacG.

How does it feel for the confabulators to have so little respect for your intelligence, and to prove them right?

Well, what you say and what's really true are two different things, although I realized long ago that this is just your job.  I've never seen one NASA UFO witness yet who you didn't attack savagely, so whatever you say always comes with a large discount as far as I'm concerned.

I'll keep looking for more information about him if it's all the same to you.

Edited by TheMacGuffin, 21 November 2012 - 02:07 AM.

#1384    TheMacGuffin

TheMacGuffin

Government Agent

• 4,159 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 02:26 AM

Anyway, I don't know if Ken Johnston actually claimed to be an astronaut, but he did get to wear a spacesuit at NASA.  I bet Oberg never got to wear a spacesuit.

Posted Image

Edited by TheMacGuffin, 21 November 2012 - 02:26 AM.

#1385    TheMacGuffin

TheMacGuffin

Government Agent

• 4,159 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 02:28 AM

No spacesuit for Oberg there, just a wannabe space cadet.

Posted Image

Edited by TheMacGuffin, 21 November 2012 - 02:28 AM.

#1386    JimOberg

JimOberg

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,812 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 02:30 AM

View PostTheMacGuffin, on 21 November 2012 - 02:06 AM, said:

Well, what you say and what's really true are two different things, although I realized long ago that this is just your job.  I've never seen one NASA UFO witness yet who you didn't attack savagely, so whatever you say always comes with a large discount as far as I'm concerned.

I'll keep looking for more information about him if it's all the same to you.

You can FOIA his military records, if you dare.

#1387    TheMacGuffin

TheMacGuffin

Government Agent

• 4,159 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 02:40 AM

By the way, when did Oberg get promoted to "NASA Rocket Scientist", like it says here in this article?  

http://www.google.co...9,r:8,s:0,i:112

#1388    Pericynthion

Pericynthion

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 865 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 02:50 AM

View PostTheMacGuffin, on 21 November 2012 - 12:53 AM, said:

The blue lights do not seem to appear in every picture from film roll 66 on Apollo 14.  I don't see any in this one, for example.
No, they don't.  I never said they did.  They're pretty random.

View PostTheMacGuffin, on 21 November 2012 - 01:07 AM, said:

Here were have Ken Johnston at the Smithsonian, talking about his career and NASA fakery and image manipulation.  It looks like he is just visiting the Smithsonian here, not giving an official lecture, but I think he has some interesting stories to tell.
Well, yes, he does have some 'interesting' stories, but I think Jim Oberg has done a fine job here and elsewhere pointing out the flaws in those stories.  Have you found anything yet dealing with his claims that the blue spots in the Apollo 14 photos are some sort of ship?

#1389    TheMacGuffin

TheMacGuffin

Government Agent

• 4,159 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 02:54 AM

Here are some lunar photos that Ken Johnson said were airbrushed by NASA.

#1390    TheMacGuffin

TheMacGuffin

Government Agent

• 4,159 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 03:09 AM

Ken Johnston's interview on Coast-to-Coast AM begins at 39:00 minutes.  This was one occasion where he talked about the blue flares in the Apollo 14 pictures.  The way he describes his job, he was not just a mail clerk either.

Edited by TheMacGuffin, 21 November 2012 - 03:10 AM.

#1391    DONTEATUS

DONTEATUS

Forum Divinity

• 17,446 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 03:11 AM

NASA is busy doing what NASA does best ! Explore ! Keep it up NASA ! :tsu:

This is a Work in Progress!

#1392    synchronomy

synchronomy

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,124 posts

• Facinating

Posted 21 November 2012 - 03:22 AM

I'm not convinced about the reports of "structures" being discovered on the Moon.
When I first heard of this years ago, I had to wonder, if this were true, why did NASA not plan a manned mission to the far side to investigate.
I can't help but think that if such structures existed, at a minimum, at least robotic landings would have been planned and completed long ago.

At the heart of science is an essential balance between two seemingly contradictory attitudes--an openness to new ideas, no matter how bizarre or counterintuitive they may be, and the most ruthless skeptical scrutiny of all ideas, old and new.
This is how deep truths are winnowed from deep nonsense. -- Carl Sagan

#1393    TheMacGuffin

TheMacGuffin

Government Agent

• 4,159 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 03:28 AM

One thing Ken Johnston did say in the C2C interview was that he was friends with James Oberg at NASA at discussed many of these things with him at the time, but when he went public Oberg turned on him, and even warned that his life might be in danger.

That doesn't surprise me a bit.

Johnston says that far from being a "rocket scientist", Oberg's master's thesis was on propaganda and mass media indoctrination.  He describes Oberg as a kind of "hit man" who helped get him kicked out of NASA.  Then he lied about Johnston having no credentials and not being employed in the jobs he had said he'd held.

According to Johnston, he donated some of the pictures to his college in Oklahoma City and they later went "missing".

Edited by TheMacGuffin, 21 November 2012 - 03:40 AM.

#1394    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 31,215 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 03:38 AM

View PostTheMacGuffin, on 21 November 2012 - 02:28 AM, said:

No spacesuit for Oberg there, just a wannabe space cadet.

Posted Image

Hrrmmz, that link shows James actively working on the Shuttle program, and goes on to confirm what he has said about Story Musgrave, and herald Jims accomplishments.

I am not sure it has the effect you might have hoped for? It paints Jim in very good light indeed.

Oberg was in Mission Control at the Johnson Space Center in Houston on April 12, 1981, for the very first shuttle launch. Designated STS-1, the Columbia shuttle spent just two days in space, orbiting Earth 37 times with its two-man crew of John W. Young and Robert L. Crippen. The main mission of that maiden flight was to make sure the shuttle could achieve orbit and return safely to Earth.

After working the first two shuttle missions, Oberg moved on to specialize in orbital rendezvous missions and is considered a pioneer in the development of space shuttle rendezvous techniques.

Edited by psyche101, 21 November 2012 - 03:39 AM.

Things are what they are. - Me Reality can't be debunked. That's the beauty of it. - Capeo If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants. - Sir Isaac Newton Let me repeat the lesson learned from the Sturrock scientific review panel: Pack up your old data and forget it. Ufology needs new data, new cases, new rigorous and scientific methodologies if it hopes ever to get out of its pit. - Ed Stewart Youtube is the last refuge of the ignorant and is more often used for disinformation than genuine research.  There is a REASON for PEER REVIEW... - Chrlzs Nothing is inexplicable, just unexplained. - Dr Who

#1395    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 31,215 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 03:41 AM

View Postsynchronomy, on 21 November 2012 - 03:22 AM, said:

I'm not convinced about the reports of "structures" being discovered on the Moon.
When I first heard of this years ago, I had to wonder, if this were true, why did NASA not plan a manned mission to the far side to investigate.
I can't help but think that if such structures existed, at a minimum, at least robotic landings would have been planned and completed long ago.

They are claimed to be big enough to spot with a telescope.

Posted Image

Dead set, that is mystery solved. No such thing is on the moon, and anyone can look for themselves.

Much paredolia about some god awful messed up photos. Surely people are not taking this seriously??

Edited by psyche101, 21 November 2012 - 03:43 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users