Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

U.S. Fire Arms laws and regulations

guns control regulations ammo constitutional rights

• Please log in to reply
600 replies to this topic

#271    questionmark

questionmark

Cinicus Magnus

• 35,411 posts

• In a flat world there is an explanation to everything.

Posted 17 December 2012 - 05:56 PM

View Postdmurdock36, on 17 December 2012 - 05:52 PM, said:

you people fail to realize that this shooter tried to obtain a gun of his own legally and was turned away, so he stole his mothers guns and did the job, so the gun laws did no good at all.

Because the gun laws have a flaw: They lack a controllable provision to force owners to secure their guns when not in their direct control.

A skeptic is a well informed believer and a pessimist a well informed optimist
The most dangerous views of the world are from those who have never seen it. ~ Alexander v. Humboldt
If you want to bulls**t me please do it so that it takes me more than a minute to find out

about me

#272    dmurdock36

dmurdock36

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 523 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 05:56 PM

he killed her and stole the guns, this is what criminals do they dont care about gun laws.

#273    Cassea

Cassea

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,064 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 06:00 PM

I posted this in my feed.   I took time to write it carefully.

This idea that banning assault weapons will prevent law abiding citizens to protect themselves makes no sense. When is the last time any law abiding citizen you know went to the movies, mall or school or work with an assault weapon? The only one who shows up in those places with them are the criminals anyway. So the argument that it offers protection is not true. The accessibility of assault weapons for criminals needs to be made more difficult. If they can't get them legally their evil fantasy may just remain a fantasy rather than something that can be enacted by a trip to Walmart or breaking into a gun cabinet in someone's home.   It is illogical to suggest that these mass shootings would be prevented by allowing everyone access to such weapons.  If a person came into the school to shoot, a regular gun would stop them.  A regular handgun would stop them. There is no need for assault weapons with the ability to shoot massive numbers of rounds in seconds.   The only people who seem to use them are criminals anyway.   By limiting access, it makes it much harder for the criminal to get the gun.

Understanding Traumatic Brain Injury communication issues.   http://www.asha.org/.../#comm_problems

#274    questionmark

questionmark

Cinicus Magnus

• 35,411 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 06:00 PM

View Postdmurdock36, on 17 December 2012 - 05:56 PM, said:

he killed her and stole the guns, this is what criminals do they dont care about gun laws.

if she had those guns secured, and being aware that her son had Aspergers disorder it was criminally temerary not to do so, she would be alive and so would 20 children be.

The most dangerous views of the world are from those who have never seen it. ~ Alexander v. Humboldt
If you want to bulls**t me please do it so that it takes me more than a minute to find out

about me

#275    AsteroidX

AsteroidX

Government Agent

• 3,570 posts

• it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security

Posted 17 December 2012 - 06:01 PM

I dont know  that we know that she did or did not have them secured. That is a good question.

ConnecticutLaw:

No person shall keep or store any loaded firearm on any premises under his control if he knows or reasonably should know that a person under 16 is likely to gain access without a parent’s or guardian’s permission, unless it is in a location which a reasonable person would believe to be secured, is carried on the person or within close proximity, or is in a locked container.

Edited by AsteroidX, 17 December 2012 - 06:04 PM.

#276    dmurdock36

dmurdock36

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 523 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 06:02 PM

question mark you have to be the most brainwashed person I have ever run across, facts mean nothing to you.

#277    questionmark

questionmark

Cinicus Magnus

• 35,411 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 06:03 PM

View PostAsteroidX, on 17 December 2012 - 06:01 PM, said:

ConnecticutLaw:

No person shall keep or store any loaded firearm on any premises under his control if he knows or reasonably should know that a person under 16 is likely to gain access without a parent’s or guardian’s permission, unless it is in a location which a reasonable person would believe to be secured, is carried on the person or within close proximity, or is in a locked container.

Ehm, yes. And because there is no control people just disregard it, as we have just learned.

about me

#278    Sakari

Sakari

tohi

• 12,334 posts
  • Location:Safford, Arizona...My heart and soul are still on the Oregon Coast.

• Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Posted 17 December 2012 - 06:05 PM

View Postquestionmark, on 17 December 2012 - 06:00 PM, said:

if she had those guns secured, and being aware that her son had Aspergers disorder it was criminally temerary not to do so, she would be alive and so would 20 children be.

You people do not read other people replies. that is obvious.Especially when they make sense.

I had my guns locked in a fire proof safe, with trigger locks.....They were stolen.

Our Wolf's Memorial Page

http://petsupports.com/a04/sakari.htm

#279    questionmark

questionmark

Cinicus Magnus

• 35,411 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 06:11 PM

View PostSakari, on 17 December 2012 - 06:05 PM, said:

You people do not read other people replies. that is obvious.Especially when they make sense.

I had my guns locked in a fire proof safe, with trigger locks.....They were stolen.

I would sue the safe manufacturer...unless you left the key hanging beside the safe as I do (but I never have anything worth stealing in there, it is just there to safeguard my papers in case of fire). Even cheap safes, properly mounted and filled with sand, cannot be opened without considerable work, to the point that it makes hardly any sense to start drilling it unless very desperate for a gun or you have Prince Albert's duel guns in there) . And a metal cabinet, even with a combination lock (mostly as cheap as the metal cabinet) is NOT a safe. It is a metal cabinet.

about me

#280    questionmark

questionmark

Cinicus Magnus

• 35,411 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 06:16 PM

View Postdmurdock36, on 17 December 2012 - 06:02 PM, said:

question mark you have to be the most brainwashed person I have ever run across, facts mean nothing to you.

Facts mean a lot to me, that is why I know that my manhood does not depend on a gun nor would five guns make me any safer than one gun.  You shoulkd try some reality instead of CSI and Law&Order on TV.

about me

#281    Cassea

Cassea

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,064 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 06:16 PM

Why filled with sand?

Understanding Traumatic Brain Injury communication issues.   http://www.asha.org/.../#comm_problems

#282    questionmark

questionmark

Cinicus Magnus

• 35,411 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 06:20 PM

View PostCassea, on 17 December 2012 - 06:16 PM, said:

Why filled with sand?

Two reasons, sand is a bad heat conductor, which makes trying to weld open a safe difficult and second in case of fire it keeps the content without damage for a much longer time than if there was just a inner hollow. Most safes come with instructions that require they are filled with sand to obtain the manufacturer's security guarantees.

about me

#283    AsteroidX

AsteroidX

Government Agent

• 3,570 posts

• it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security

Posted 17 December 2012 - 06:26 PM

The facts are the Constitution is being eroded piece by piece. The 2nd Amendment is just a biting point for many. Nor do I own a gun.

I dont watch those TV shows you listed. There for sheeple.

#284    Sakari

Sakari

tohi

• 12,334 posts
  • Location:Safford, Arizona...My heart and soul are still on the Oregon Coast.

• Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Posted 17 December 2012 - 06:58 PM

View Postquestionmark, on 17 December 2012 - 06:11 PM, said:

I would sue the safe manufacturer...

Of course you would.....America, home of frivolous lawsuits and high insurance.....

I posted the story in this topic, or another one you are posting a lot in on how they were stolen. As I said, a lot here in the gun debate, just like to post, and not read replies....

Posted Image

It is damn near impossible to have discussions on this issue because of this....I need to try to step out of it.

I am getting beat by experience........

Edited by Sakari, 17 December 2012 - 07:00 PM.

Our Wolf's Memorial Page

http://petsupports.com/a04/sakari.htm

#285    aztek

aztek

Majestic 12 Operative

• 5,879 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 06:59 PM

View Postquestionmark, on 17 December 2012 - 05:56 PM, said:

Because the gun laws have a flaw: They lack a controllable provision to force owners to secure their guns when not in their direct control.
lol, there was noting wrong with laws, authorised owner was in the house, his mother, she got killed, we don't know how, but she might have been trying to stop him. so gun laws were not broken. hey there were cases where crooks killed cops with their own guns, what laws are you gonna blame for that?

RESIDENT TROLL.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users