Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Possible Thunderbird Experience

Search for the Truth

When I was at my friend Andrew's house we had to take his nephew, Cory, home. He did live in the same neighborhood but the trip was pretty far even on foot. It was about 7:30 so of course it was dark out. So about half-way there Andrew stops and asks if I had heard something. I replied "no" mainly because all I heard was Cory rambling on about "skylanders". Anyway we just kept walking. Then Andrew asked if I had heard it that time. In fact, I actually did hear something, but it was too faint to make out. After we dropped off Cory we started to head back home. Then I heard it. It was like an Eagle screeching really far away. Of course we didn't care about some bird so we kept on. A few minutes later, the same terrible screech louder than ever, when we see a shadow swoop over our heads in the streetlight's light. Wind actually blew my hair when it passed over us. We both ducked and looked around asking each other frantically "what was that"? Foolishly, we continue on (walking) chatting about the strange occurrence. "What was that?" I would ask. "It was like a bird or something," Andrew would say. So about ten minutes later it happens again and I can actually make out a HUGE bird's silhouette in the sky. So this time we run but Andrew drops his bag. He starts to go get it when the bird screeches again and we dive behind a bush. Then it swoops over his bag. We look up, and the bag is GONE. We run to his house, slam and lock the door, and walk in to his room exhausted. I did some research and found some interesting information on the "thunderbird", a Native American legend of a bird so large when it flaps it's wings it creates THUNDER. Do you believe in the thunderbird? I'm still not so sure, but I know one thing. That was WAY to big to be an eagle.

What no pics?

• Like 1

Ender, (welcome to UM)

When did this take place and more importantly where did this take place?

I've had a few Thunderbird experiences myself... them was the days. :)

One bottle between twelve of us etc. lol

• Like 1

I've had a few Thunderbird experiences myself... them was the days. :)

One bottle between twelve of us etc. lol

:rofl:
  • Like 1

Another story from an underaged+boredomed kid. They like UM.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

And here I was hoping that Gerry Anderson was making a come back!

Hopefully alot better than that disgrace of a film.

If he's only posted once, maybe it got him.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Interesting story. But if it was at night it could have been an owl? Idk?

I used to be interested in birds a lot when I was 10 and i still know a thing or two about them.

I think i've experienced something like the Thunderbird before.

This story is from my deviantart, i posted my experience on there.

I don't want to exaggerate or anything but I think I might have saw the Thunderbird. Im not saying this for attention.

I've been reading some Urban Legends for my project for school and I thought id do the Thunderbird. I've read about it when i was 11. I read about it again and most of the witnesses have described it as a dinosaur looking creature.

In October, me,my mom and my siblings were at the park across from MVES (school). My siblings were playing and me and my mom were resting on the grass hill. We were watching the jets go by. Strange thing is, I noticed a bird flying wayyyyyyyy up high almost touching the jets. My mom saw it too and she asked me what kind of bird is that. I guessed it was a vulture since there are a lot of turkey vultures here in the desert. But i've never seen one fly that high before. It was more than 500 ft high in the air. I could see it was like a dark-brown-black color with long looong straight wings and a small tail and a semi-long neck. It kept soaring straight, not moving around or anything. Just flying straight. It didn't look like a plane and usually a plane that high would release smoke. It cast a shadow and the shadow was huge. It looked like a bird but It didn't seem to have feathers. Me and my mom kept watching it and when it was half way across the park it flapped once and flew straight towards the white tanks. We didn't follow it to see. We didn't have the car with us. My dad had it at work. Weird. I wish i took a picture but i didnt have a phone then.

I'm not exaggerating or making this up. It was a weird bird. My mom thought it was a robotic bird that is sent to film whatever's going on i guess. But i dont think thats likely. Earlier before that, there were two red-tailed hawks and one turkey vulture circling over the park. Im a bird freak. "Bird Girl". I know about birds. Vultures do not fly straight without moving. The soar around. Same with hawks. Hawks have wider wings than vultures and are lighter colors. Vultures have pink heads. I didnt see anything on the creature. And it was not a plane. It would release smoke or make a loud noise. This creature didnt do anything. It only flapped once and continued gliding towards the mountains...

weird...

http://xxflightlessxx.deviantart.com/

I'm not exactly believing that Thunderbird is real, i dont really believe in Legends.

Especially aliens. Lol, screw them. Aliens are completely unrealistic.

• 2 weeks later...

Obviously he went out with a camera like you asked and got taken by the Thunderbird.

You all have blood on your hands, I hope you're happy now!

• Like 2

Maybe he was a were-Thunderbird. Those exist, right?

• 8 months later...

I noticed on my recent "Thunderbird" post that there were some supporters, skeptics, and even some hecklers. I, in fact, am not at all surprised. Due to my lack of evidence what-so-ever, I should have known that people wouldn't believe. Well, first of all, everything that I said happened did happen and I didn't leave out a single detail. However, I must debate the comment someone made stating, and I quote, "What? No photos?". Firstly, "Mr. Skeptic", I don't have a camera on me at all times. I wasn't on some sort of expedition to find this alleged thunderbird. Secondly, only a fool would waste time turning on his camera during what seems to be a life-threatening situation! Never-the-less, I do apologize for my lack of evidence. I will try my hardest to include evidence in my next topic. Thank you for reading, and please excuse my ridiculous name. (It was an old YouTube channel of mine) :)

"What? No photos?". Firstly, "Mr. Skeptic", I don't have a camera on me at all times.

That sounds susciously like something I'd say.

would you care to hear my reply to your rebuttal?

"what? No phone?".

Holy moly! I'm off the interwebs for a while and all of the sudden I'm bombarded with all of these comments! Give me a break! No, I wasn't taken by the thunderbird and I know that story sounds really skeptical. But honestly, I AM telling the truth. You want evidence? I'll go find some!

So, you were in a city when the creature appeared, and nobody else reported seeing a giant screeching bird aggressive enough to attack a few humans? Yeah... highly unlikely.

I noticed on my recent "Thunderbird" post that there were some supporters, skeptics, and even some hecklers. I, in fact, am not at all surprised. Due to my lack of evidence what-so-ever, I should have known that people wouldn't believe. Well, first of all, everything that I said happened did happen and I didn't leave out a single detail. However, I must debate the comment someone made stating, and I quote, "What? No photos?". Firstly, "Mr. Skeptic", I don't have a camera on me at all times. I wasn't on some sort of expedition to find this alleged thunderbird. Secondly, only a fool would waste time turning on his camera during what seems to be a life-threatening situation! Never-the-less, I do apologize for my lack of evidence. I will try my hardest to include evidence in my next topic. Thank you for reading, and please excuse my ridiculous name. (It was an old YouTube channel of mine) :)

:huh:

At least once in our lives we see something...inexplicable, and in good time, explain it away to our own satisfaction, more-or-less. Yet, in the back of our minds, the wonderment of it persists. Let us be charitable and allow the OP hIs own very personal moment, as well.

• 4 months later...

So, you were in a city when the creature appeared, and nobody else reported seeing a giant screeching bird aggressive enough to attack a few humans? Yeah... highly unlikely.

Ok, buddy. I don't live in the city!!! And everyone was asleep! You happy now!?

Given the fact you were busted in the UFO and Extraterrestrial forum yesterday for using a clip from a show/film and passing it off as your own and use for fake evidence.How can you expect to be taken seriously with these claims?

• Like 2