Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * - 5 votes

What is the scariest movie?

• Please log in to reply
601 replies to this topic

#541    DancingCorpse

DancingCorpse

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,613 posts

• Finite to fail, infinite to venture!

Posted 06 July 2013 - 01:19 AM

I tried watching another Paranormal Activity the other night, it was painful. There were about two decent moments, the rest was a cobbled together mess of scenes and ideas stolen from other far far superior horror movies, with dreadful acting performances and hideous progression of story. It was the fourth installment and jeez, the way they attempted to suggest a link between that and the third was hilarious. This franchise really devalues the concept of horror and gives absolutely no wisdom or opinion or viable interpretation to the paranormal aspect. It makes NO sense!!

Overhead the albatross hangs motionless upon the air and deep beneath the rolling waves, in labyrinths of coral caves, The echo of a distant tide comes willowing across the sand and everything is green and submarine...

You're neither. You're an errand boy, sent by grocery clerks, to collect a bill.

#542    Thinkbeforeyoucomment

Thinkbeforeyoucomment

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 06:47 AM

View PostTrent_6, on 08 March 2011 - 01:48 PM, said:

Definitely The Exorcist

that movie was not scary.disturbing as to what they made the actress do, but not scary

#543    ReaperS_ParadoX

ReaperS_ParadoX

“What’s wrong with accepting madness?

• 2,521 posts

• The boundaries which divide Life from Death are at best shadowy and vague. Who shall say where the one ends, and where the other begins?

Posted 06 July 2013 - 03:06 PM

View PostDancingCorpse, on 06 July 2013 - 01:19 AM, said:

I tried watching another Paranormal Activity the other night, it was painful. There were about two decent moments, the rest was a cobbled together mess of scenes and ideas stolen from other far far superior horror movies, with dreadful acting performances and hideous progression of story. It was the fourth installment and jeez, the way they attempted to suggest a link between that and the third was hilarious. This franchise really devalues the concept of horror and gives absolutely no wisdom or opinion or viable interpretation to the paranormal aspect. It makes NO sense!!
Those movies make a TON of money lol iv never liked them

COME WITH ME. OVERWHELMING POWER AND MADNESS AWAIT

THAT IS NOT DEAD WHICH CAN ETERNAL LIE AND WITH STRANGE AEONS EVEN DEATH MAY DIE

#544    Maz1

Maz1

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 07:51 PM

I saw The Human Centipede the other night, i was really disappointed. I had so many people saying how scary it is so i rented it out with high hopes.

One film that really made me jump is Rec.

#545    The Silver Thong

The Silver Thong

Forum Divinity

• 30,254 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 08:20 PM

View PostMaz1, on 06 July 2013 - 07:51 PM, said:

I saw The Human Centipede the other night, i was really disappointed. I had so many people saying how scary it is so i rented it out with high hopes.

You can still rent movies there. Video stores here have gone the way of the dodo.  As a kid the cartoon Watership down really creeped me out.

Sittin back drinkin beer watchin the world take it's course.

The only thing god can't do is prove he exists ?

#546    ReaperS_ParadoX

ReaperS_ParadoX

• 2,521 posts

• The boundaries which divide Life from Death are at best shadowy and vague. Who shall say where the one ends, and where the other begins?

Posted 07 July 2013 - 04:54 PM

View PostMaz1, on 06 July 2013 - 07:51 PM, said:

I thought that movie was just grotesque, not scary at all. Rec was a good one though

THAT IS NOT DEAD WHICH CAN ETERNAL LIE AND WITH STRANGE AEONS EVEN DEATH MAY DIE

#547    EllJay

EllJay

Poltergeist

• 2,666 posts

• Today We Are Creating Tomorrow's Yesterday

Posted 07 July 2013 - 05:38 PM

The most scariest, twisted, grotesque, sick and deranged movie I've never seen is A Serbian Film.
They say 8mm is a Disney movie in comparison, and it seems that way.
I would never defile my senses by watching this movie, I've heard enough of it retold to me so that I can dub it the most scariest and sick movie I've never seen.

"Opinions are like a**holes, everyone seems to have one" - Dirty Harry

"All those who believe in psychokinesis, raise my hand... "

"I have a black belt in Feng Shui, the subtle martial art. I go home to you and move a lamp and a chair... twelve years later you lay there on the floor with broken kneecaps and destitute."

#548    DancingCorpse

DancingCorpse

Psychic Spy

• 1,613 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 11:55 PM

View PostThinkbeforeyoucomment, on 06 July 2013 - 06:47 AM, said:

that movie was not scary.disturbing as to what they made the actress do, but not scary

Linda was extemely well protected and informed on set and many of the more gruesome and unsightly things were done by a double, it was most definitely a demanding role and to deal with the fallout and maturity of the role, she sure had to be a resolute and resplendent young woman!

Overhead the albatross hangs motionless upon the air and deep beneath the rolling waves, in labyrinths of coral caves, The echo of a distant tide comes willowing across the sand and everything is green and submarine...

You're neither. You're an errand boy, sent by grocery clerks, to collect a bill.

#549    Asadora

Asadora

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 677 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 11:55 AM

For me its: Threads. A BBC production.

I will admit that I wasn't able to watch the entire thing. I stopped watching when a woman started eating a radiated dead sheep. Didn't cook it and she used her hands as utensils.:/

Edited by Asadora, 09 July 2013 - 11:58 AM.

"From time to time there appear on the face of the earth men of rare and consummate excellence, who dazzle us by their virtue, and whose outstanding qualities shed a stupendous light. Like those extraordinary stars of whose origins we are ignorant, and of whose fate, once they have vanished, we know even less, such men have neither forebears nor descendants: they are the whole of their race."  -- Jean de la Bruyere 1645-1696.

#550    quasar_kid

quasar_kid

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 233 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 12:27 PM

lol @ A Serbian Movie, that's just plain wrong. I think by mentioning this flick, it breaches several terms of agreement on these boards :whistle: 120 Days of Sodom is pretty effed up, the Guinea Pig series, The ABCs of Death.

#551    Doctor manhattan

Doctor manhattan

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 147 posts

• What progress we are making. In the Middle Ages they would have burned me. Now they are content with burning my books.
    -sigmund frued

Posted 10 July 2013 - 02:33 AM

I cant wait to see the conjuring, It actually looks scary. The advert for the movie made jump a little, and thats never happened to me before.

#552    ReaperS_ParadoX

ReaperS_ParadoX

• 2,521 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 05:40 PM

I don't know if Session 9 was ever mentioned but that movie creeeeeeeeped me out, big time.  I also thought Shutter Island was phenomenal, not really scary though

Edited by R4z3rsPar4d0x, 10 July 2013 - 05:46 PM.

#553    DancingCorpse

DancingCorpse

Psychic Spy

• 1,613 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 02:39 AM

Session 9 was very interesting, just thinking about the line 'I live in the weak and wounded, doc' just gave me the goosebumps eek! I really love the place it was filmed too, the infamous Danvers State Mental Hospital, riveting history as with all buildings of that era.

Shutter Island is a brilliant movie, whilst the plot is not particularly fresh now, the execution and little nuances are really stimulating and Di Caprio's performance with the ending being the stand out for me, is phenomenal. Under rated actor when you think about the depth of the man's career so far.

I am slightly interested in The Conjuring also. I saw a couple trailers and the scares seem above the average that are around in horror recently. The 'BASED ON A TRUE STORY' puts me off though. I doubt the plot will be all that interesting but a few scenes may be worth the watch from what I gather.

#554    ReaperS_ParadoX

ReaperS_ParadoX

• 2,521 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 05:22 PM

Yeah Session 9 is kind of a hard movie to figure out, I'm still not positive but believe it was  a demon that was the one that said ' I live in the weak and wounded doc' its creepy nevertheless,

I loved Shutter Island and own it, I will say Di Caprio is pretty underrated, Along with James Franco. they both can be pretty diverse in the roles they take on.

#555    DancingCorpse

DancingCorpse

Psychic Spy

• 1,613 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 10:05 PM

Yeah I think it was the same demon as the case or session that was ongoing through the film that the guy was listening to. There's a couple of films that seem to be zeroing in on filming in old asylums, I hope it doesn't become the new quick buck trend. One of the ones I saw was called Grave Encounters or something, it was pretty dumb and mostly relied on the ambience of the setting to make it interesting.

I think Di Caprio would be very convincing if he took on a (REAL) horror film, I suppose the premise (and reward ratio) would have to be intriguing and able to make a lot of money to interest him. Shutter Island was more a thriller of course but he was certainly not in a comfort zone, one of the reasons I respect his acting skills.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users