Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Tea Party Fireworks: Speaker Rips McCain

Ryinrea

The opening-night speaker at first ever National Tea Party Convention ripped into President Obama, Sen. John McCain and "the cult of multiculturalism," asserting that Obama was elected because "we do not have a civics, literacy test before people can vote in this country.

arrow3.gifRead more...

Face palms! How arrogant to say that the ones who voted for Obama do not know anything about civics, or government. =

The other thing, is the literacy test.

Doesn't he not understand it's a disgrace to our civil liberties?

Edited by Ryinrea

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• eqgumby

• Startraveler

• Ryinrea

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I see your point, but that's just a tiny piece of that article.

The real story is that a grassroots movement, about distaste for big government and rich people spending taxpayers money without representation, has been hijacked by...the Republican Party! Yay! :angry2: I hate politicians...

I wonder if that speaker knows as much about history and civics as he seems to think he does. If so, then I assume the connotations of the "literacy tests" bit couldn't have escaped him and thus must at some level be intentional. "If Jim Crow laws were still in effect in this country, Obama would've never been elected!"

I wonder if that speaker knows as much about history and civics as he seems to think he does. If so, then I assume the connotations of the "literacy tests" bit couldn't have escaped him and thus must at some level be intentional. "If Jim Crow laws were still in effect in this country, Obama would've never been elected!"

:lol:

Yup.

Maybe it was a veiled reference to our lack of civics classes that hold any real weight or encourage any real debate. If it was, he did it poorly.