Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Apparently, Obama has a new title...

Mantis914

Wow, I didn't know that Obama has now sincerely reached the level as a "messiah" really.

I could list a ton of other adjectives but "Lord and Savior"? Whoa...

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/11/27/jamie-foxx-obama-lord-and-savior-furor-soul-train-awards_n_2199439.html

I will never knowingly do anything this point on to support the career of this man. I once thought of him, and for that matter Samuel L Jackson as awesome actors but never again. Obama has the ability to do great things for his constituency for the next four years. The CHANGE America asked for is well on it's way.

• Like 1

Its not like Obama claimed this title. What others call him is not his problem. Otherwise i could cliam that he has the title of *snip*

Edited by Daughter of the Nine Moons
Removed crude remark- profanity filters are there for a reason
  • Like 1

I hope this next 4 years he will be such a great president that we all think of him that way.

Hmm does this mean everything that actors and comedians say about any President from now on is factually accurate? Last time I checked actors and comedians don't have omnipotent powers.

• Like 1

Its not like Obama claimed this title. What others call him is not his problem. Otherwise i could cliam that he has the title of *snip*

True, now if only he turned down that Nobel Peace Prize he "earned" from last term...

edited quote
  • Like 1

I hope this next 4 years he will be such a great president that we all think of him that way.

He didn't do anything the first four years, what makes you think the next 4 will be any better?

*snip*

Removed crude remark
  • Like 1

*snip*

Come on JT...like the Dems wouldn't be nearly rioting in the streets (as some threatened) if Romney had won? It's the right of any citizen to speak their mind about what they perceive to be wrongheaded leadership. Having said that, I accept him as my president. My "neighbors" around the US chose him and I pray for his wisdom. I just don't trust him. Edited by Daughter of the Nine Moons
Removed crude quote
  • Like 2

I will never knowingly do anything this point on to support the career of this man. I once thought of him, and for that matter Samuel L Jackson as awesome actors but never again. Obama has the ability to do great things for his constituency for the next four years. The CHANGE America asked for is well on it's way.

Alternate universe: Sam Jackson on Air Force One about Barack and company~ *snip* Edited by Daughter of the Nine Moons
removed crude movie quote
  • Like 2

Thread cleaned.

The expectation in this thread is civil and courteous behavior. Please refrain from the adolescent crudities which if they continue will get this thread closed

• Like 1

Hmm does this mean everything that actors and comedians say about any President from now on is factually accurate? Last time I checked actors and comedians don't have omnipotent powers.

Omnipotent powers, No. Tremendous power over public opinion? Yes! That is what counts in society.

• Like 3

Thread cleaned.

The expectation in this thread is civil and courteous behavior. Please refrain from the adolescent crudities which if they continue will get this thread closed

Oh no! what did I miss?

:huh:

• Like 1

He didn't do anything the first four years, what makes you think the next 4 will be any better?

Apparently, he did enough to convince the majority of America to re-elect him. I'd say that's something.

Apparently, he did enough to convince the majority of America to re-elect him. I'd say that's something.

I could argue he didn't do enough to sway anybody either. He changed nobodies mind towards him one way or the other and both parties lost millions of votes telling me the only minds he changed were the several million who decided not to vote this time. Hardly an achievement. Hardly a mandate either.

Edited by -Mr_Fess-
  • Like 4

. Hardly an achievement. Hardly a mandate either.

REally? 61% electoral college margin. 3.52% popular vote margin - more than GWB (0.51%, 2.46%). Increased seats in House and Senate. That is clearly a mandate.

Direct elections

In most presidential systems, the president is elected by popular vote, although some such as the United States use an electoral college (which is itself directly elected) or some other method. By this method, the president receives a personal mandate to lead the country,

https://en.wikipedia...idential_system Edited by ninjadude

REally? 61% electoral college margin. 3.52% popular vote margin - more than GWB (0.51%, 2.46%). Increased seats in House and Senate. That is clearly a mandate.

https://en.wikipedia...idential_system

No. Ronald Reagan had a mandate. He even gained 10 million votes. FDR had a mandate. Eisenhower, Nixon too. They were all incumbents who had crushing victories and electoral knockouts. http://www.infoplease.com/ipa/A0781450.html

So, would you say Bill Clinton had a mandate?

No way. Not compared to the guys I mentioned. He had average wins.

He gave the exact same speech this time as he did 4 years ago. So he couldn't have done nay of those things he said he would. lol

The reason he got re elected is because he is a celebrity.

Edited by Coffey

I'd just say Romney didn't connect with a lot of the voters and they chose the lesser of 2 evils...

• Like 1

So, would you say Bill Clinton had a mandate?

I'm not sure. I know for a fact he had plenty of womandates

• Like 5