Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Area 51: Declassified photos, Google Maps

A supersecret military base on the southern shore of Nevada’s Groom Lake has been the object of speculation over UFOs, and aliens for decades. It hasn’t helped that the government has barely acknowledged the site’s existence.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/blogpost/post/area-51-declassified-photos-google-maps-unravel-some-of-the-mystery/2011/06/03/AGzVp0HH_blog.html

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/technology/2011/06/area-51-national-geographic-spy-plane.html

http://www.businessinsider.com/cia-area-51-spy-plane-national-geographic-a-12--2011-6

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• citoyendumonde

• Old Hippie Blogger

• Just Dave

• Spark Plug

A supersecret military base on the southern shore of Nevada’s Groom Lake has been the object of speculation over UFOs, and aliens for decades. It hasn’t helped that the government has barely acknowledged the site’s existence.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/blogpost/post/area-51-declassified-photos-google-maps-unravel-some-of-the-mystery/2011/06/03/AGzVp0HH_blog.html

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/technology/2011/06/area-51-national-geographic-spy-plane.html

http://www.businessinsider.com/cia-area-51-spy-plane-national-geographic-a-12--2011-6

They test air crafts that might one day save your life. They won't officially admit to a craft until it's been in operation for several years. Roswell was most likely a broken top secret project that fell out the sky by accident rather then 'aliens'. OR a Russian high altitude spy plane that crashed. The US top brass lot are not likely to put in the local paper what they just got their hands on, are they now?

Plus they are not gonna turn round and say 'Yeah, you nerd, your right, this IS a top secret testing facility' It's why they do most their testing in the night now, cos u dont see much!

ALSO, they only build and fabricate 'alpha' test ships now, I think they break them down, fit them onto a big passenger plane and send them to one of them tiny secret landing strip islands (left over from WW II and the cold war) and thest hem over thousands of miles of empty sea.

OR I'm just making this up as I go along, either way, just be glad they are on OUR side!!! :P

They test air crafts that might one day save your life. They won't officially admit to a craft until it's been in operation for several years. Roswell was most likely a broken top secret project that fell out the sky by accident rather then 'aliens'. OR a Russian high altitude spy plane that crashed. The US top brass lot are not likely to put in the local paper what they just got their hands on, are they now?

OR I'm just making this up as I go along, either way, just be glad they are on OUR side!!! :P

Nice post i must say! Loving the Roswell explaination and im now believing your explaination since its most logical to me. But i dont like the part they're are on your side. If you havent noticed your military is sticking their noses everywhere even on foreign lands. They greet them back at US as heros, but they were murders in those foreign lands... So all this high tech gear is nothing but a tool of destruction and death...saving lives is just an excuse to keep making them. Not even one country on the world is a threat to US. You will say its is China or Russia, if you do you are very wrong...Understand that US has probably ( well it has ) lots of fancy sattelites, airplanes, arsenal which has never been seen before. So there isnt any threat, but US... :huh:

Area 51 is such an annoying topic.

The military has several secret army, navy and airforce bases as does every other nation around the world. This one attracts the loonies like moths are attracted to light. They live in a fantasy world when it comes to alien ufos and need to get a grip.

The military need secret bases as they're home to special forces regiments the public dont know about.

Area 51 is such an annoying topic.

The military has several secret army, navy and airforce bases as does every other nation around the world. This one attracts the loonies like moths are attracted to light. They live in a fantasy world when it comes to alien ufos and need to get a grip.

The military need secret bases as they're home to special forces regiments the public dont know about.

I admire the way you think. Good to see someone else living in reality.

With or without you, i can't live...with or without you - Bono once sang.

:sleepy: Yup, 51 is dead as far as UFO's are concerned. Thanks for posting, Persia, anyway.

Yee of little faith , Area51 is just that an Icon,A Specila idea put into play in the cold war years ! We do need such places. As for E.T and Other world beings and craft out there I highly doubt it too they have bunkers and Little greys working underground.

Ive been told by my Friend Mothers brother-n-law That They moved them to the L.A. Howard Johnson`s near downtown L.A. dur to the blend and Hide in Plane sight theroy !

Ever out in L.A. just ck it Out ! For Real ! Aliens even walking on every corner !

Didnt youz guys ass MIB ? :w00t:

Nice post i must say! Loving the Roswell explaination and im now believing your explaination since its most logical to me. But i dont like the part they're are on your side. If you havent noticed your military is sticking their noses everywhere even on foreign lands. They greet them back at US as heros, but they were murders in those foreign lands... So all this high tech gear is nothing but a tool of destruction and death...saving lives is just an excuse to keep making them. Not even one country on the world is a threat to US. You will say its is China or Russia, if you do you are very wrong...Understand that US has probably ( well it has ) lots of fancy sattelites, airplanes, arsenal which has never been seen before. So there isnt any threat, but US... :huh:

I'd like to point out that almost every nation's government has secret facilities everywhere, not just the United States.. And there ARE major threats to humanity in the world (ie North Korea, Iran/extremists in the middle east).. Are you suggesting that no one should explore greater forms of tech? Espionage is 100% necessary, do I really need to point out the countless times where it could've saved millions and millions of lives? This is a topic regarding ET/UFOs, not one to express your horribly skewed views of the United States and the rest of the world for that matter. Just remember that next time.

I only posted to point out how terribly wrong you are.

Edit: The username you chose makes your statement all the more hilarious.

Edited by Legaia

Maybe what he is trying to say is: US is an imperialistic country with demesurate military power compare to the rest of the world(budget of US military = budget of the 20 next countries on the list- Russia,China-France-England.........etc). But Rome, Spain, France or England for exemple have done the same and that's why they were dominating the world at their time (imposing their ideologies too), nothing new under the sun. Where i am a little bit disapointed ......human being is not going to change anytime soon.

LOL. The US military does nothing without being told to do so by the civilian command, so no, the US Military is not sticking it noses in everywhere. I would agree that the US should not be the world's policemen, but everytime there is a crisis, Europe (with the exception of the UK) pleades for the US to do the work and sacrifice life and money to clean up messes that Europe should be doing (RE: the Balkans).

Which part of Europe are you from? The part whose asses the US saved or the part whose asses the US kicked?

LOL. The US military does nothing without being told to do so by the civilian command, so no, the US Military is not sticking it noses in everywhere. I would agree that the US should not be the world's policemen, but everytime there is a crisis, Europe (with the exception of the UK) pleades for the US to do the work and sacrifice life and money to clean up messes that Europe should be doing (RE: the Balkans).

Which part of Europe are you from? The part whose asses the US saved or the part whose asses the US kicked?

Come on, Give me one conflict where the US entered without having any interest!! as i said before everybody do that but no hypocrisy please.

for exemple why do you think that France helped the States to become a free country.....just by interest too (they did not want to see the archifoe Britton expanding their empire and power)and the US did the same in WW2 when the Nazi became a threat to their sphere of influence....before that, they did not really care about Europe being invaded by A H.......the world politics is an ugly thing. There is no place for sentimentalism we know that but at least we should not be agree with it and don't denied it( i am far away to be proud about the involvment of the French military in Africa for pure interest disguised and sell as a humanitary operation to the masses).

• 2 weeks later...

NavyDoc, the user do get their noses into everything. The only reason they went into Iraq was to get the oil, same for the UK. There was no "Weapons of Mass Destruction", it is all a lie for the oil. Kill the dictator to get the oil.

The US blew up the twin towers to cover something up.

I have a pet theory (mere speculation really) that the UFO stories surrounding Groom Lake were put around by or are actively encouraged by the US military to deflect from what they're really up to (testing the likes of the latest Skunk Works toys). They'd much rather have been speculating wildly about UFOs and greys than investigating their real activities.

I have a pet theory (mere speculation really) that the UFO stories surrounding Groom Lake were put around by or are actively encouraged by the US military to deflect from what they're really up to (testing the likes of the latest Skunk Works toys). They'd much rather have been speculating wildly about UFOs and greys than investigating their real activities.

You are not alone in this thinking. Many have speculated about "Govt. Misinformation" and Groom lake. And the fact that the military tests new planes there is no real secret. But I seriously believe that there is more to Groom Lake than testing of new planes, but won't go so far as to say they have an "Alien" craft junk yard there. I worked in Las Vegas for a long time, and I have seen the transports that take people from there to ??? every day and then return. I believe that Govt. testing is part of that facility that goes beyond the testing of new planes, but so what? The Govt. has to have SOME location for testing their far out and futuristic ideas. If you have ever driven through that area, you know how remote it really is, and it seems like a good place for a testing facility to me.

I believe that it is us who are responsible for the majority of this so-called 'disinformation'. Speculation about the unknown soon turns to conspiracy and before long you have all sorts of hacks dreaming up their own 'theories'. Most conspiracies arise because the truth is more mundane. You're not allowed in A51 because its top secret, they test experimental new aircraft - its location suggests that it is for public safety in case one of them crashes. The infamy of A51 should be starring you in the face, they wouldn't test anything that allegedly is alien in origin with so many tourists pointing their cameras up at the sky.

Its not just A51 - there are a few locations in the UK that allegedly have captured alien craft. Or that's the conclusion drawn by a UFO 'research' team who were turned away by security at RAF Rudloe Manor. Of course they'd be turned away, not military station is just going to allow you to wander in, but obviously they didn't want them to see the spaceship.

I think if the US does indeed have some form of back-engineered technology or something highly advanced from their own creation, Nevada wouldn't be the place to start throwing it about. I would be thinking more southern - Antarctica would be an ideal place, yes its mighty cold but if your craft runs on a lot of electricity...the colder the better.

NavyDoc, the user do get their noses into everything. The only reason they went into Iraq was to get the oil, same for the UK. There was no "Weapons of Mass Destruction", it is all a lie for the oil. Kill the dictator to get the oil.

The US blew up the twin towers to cover something up.

Totally agree with you 100%.

I believe that it is us who are responsible for the majority of this so-called 'disinformation'. Speculation about the unknown soon turns to conspiracy and before long you have all sorts of hacks dreaming up their own 'theories'. Most conspiracies arise because the truth is more mundane. You're not allowed in A51 because its top secret, they test experimental new aircraft - its location suggests that it is for public safety in case one of them crashes. The infamy of A51 should be starring you in the face, they wouldn't test anything that allegedly is alien in origin with so many tourists pointing their cameras up at the sky.

Its not just A51 - there are a few locations in the UK that allegedly have captured alien craft. Or that's the conclusion drawn by a UFO 'research' team who were turned away by security at RAF Rudloe Manor. Of course they'd be turned away, not military station is just going to allow you to wander in, but obviously they didn't want them to see the spaceship.

I think if the US does indeed have some form of back-engineered technology or something highly advanced from their own creation, Nevada wouldn't be the place to start throwing it about. I would be thinking more southern - Antarctica would be an ideal place, yes its mighty cold but if your craft runs on a lot of electricity...the colder the better.

You are so correct, however, I think that the SEED of disinformation was planted by the Govt. knowing full well that it would bloom and the public would take it from there. Seeding disinformation to the public by the Govt. is nothing new. The problem of any type of reverse engineering location is the mass of people required for such an effort. They have to have a place to live. They have to have a place for their families. At A51, most of the employees live in the Las Vegas area, and go to and from A51 by jet daily out of the airport. How could you deal with the numbers of people is the location were in Antarctica, or some remote Pacific island? Not that I don't believe that the Govt. would try to do something like that, they have done too many crazy things in the past, but the logistics of such a facility seem to be overwhelming.

Plus they are not gonna turn round and say 'Yeah, you nerd, your right, this IS a top secret testing facility' It's why they do most their testing in the night now, cos u dont see much!

ALSO, they only build and fabricate 'alpha' test ships now, I think they break them down, fit them onto a big passenger plane and send them to one of them tiny secret landing strip islands (left over from WW II and the cold war) and thest hem over thousands of miles of empty sea.

But surely a top secret aircraft, however top secret, would have been easily recognisable as a plane, even if the 509th Bomb Group hadn't been let in on the fact that such a thing was being tested in their vicinity, and if that was the case, why hasn't it been declared that that was what it was long ago? it would make no sense at all to still keep it secret, unless they just wanted to keep the mystery going in the interests of the Roswell tourist industry. And as for the Russian suggestion, the objections to that are many and manifold, but that they hadn't anything capable of anything like the range needed to get halfway across the US (and, presumably, back to the Motherland) will do for now, even if we don't go on to the implications of intruding in US airspace.