Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Curiosity rover photographs anomalies on Mars

mars rover curiosity space life

• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

#1    chimaybliss

chimaybliss

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 105 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 06:37 PM

Could it really be possible that Mars once had life on it?  Although numerous theories and questionable evidence has indicated that the answer could be yes, there really has been no conclusive proof to date that Mars ever had life originate on the planet.  NASA’S most recent rover mission (Curiosity) is aiming to prove once and for all, if the red planet could have had the conditions favorable for life to develop at any time in its past.  So far, the results are not conclusive one way or the other, but some intriguing images have come back that are making researchers question exactly what Curiosity has found.
Check out some of the most intriguing images here:  http://goo.gl/FYyhH

#2    squidboy

squidboy

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 46 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 07:08 PM

So curiosity is finding dead mice and sandals on mars? :D

The word "pareidolia" suddenly springs to mind...

#3    JesseCuster

JesseCuster

Secret Jesus

• 3,089 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 07:32 PM

View Postchimaybliss, on 18 November 2012 - 06:37 PM, said:

some intriguing images have come back that are making researchers question exactly what Curiosity has found.
Check out some of the most intriguing images here:  http://goo.gl/FYyhH
Researchers?  That's a very grand title for people on the Internet looking at rocks on Mars and going "look, it's a finger/gerbil/birdman!"

Seriously, those are rocks.

And the photo of the 2 supposed UFOs in the sky has been shown to be dead pixels.

"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself and you are the easiest person to fool." - Richard P. Feynman

#4    orangepeaceful79

orangepeaceful79

Poltergeist

• Closed
  • 2,461 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 07:35 PM

Lots of things look like other things - especially when you REALLY, REALLY want them to.  Come on.  Are there seriously people with nothing better to do than to pore over images like this being sent back, desperately trying to see something, ANYTHING that will support the beliefs they already hold that Mars once harbored (or still is harboring) life?  Egads.

#5    freetoroam

freetoroam

Honourary member of the UM asylum

• 7,518 posts

• If you didn't see it with your own eyes, or hear it with your own ears, don't invent it with your small mind and share it with your big mouth!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 07:55 PM

A human finger, a guiney pig and a sandal. (excuse me while i just wipe the tears from my eyes)

Anyway:
I find it interesting that they have managed to stay in such good shape.
Any chance of finding the other sandal, 1 is no good on its own, what size is it and is it leather?

In an ideal World a law would be passed were NO guns were allowed and all those out there destroyed, trouble is the law makers are not going to take a risk of trying to pass that without making sure they are armed first.

#6    pallidin

pallidin

Telekinetic

• 7,388 posts

• "When life gets you down... swim with a dolphin"

Posted 18 November 2012 - 08:36 PM

View Postfreetoroam, on 18 November 2012 - 07:55 PM, said:

A human finger, a guiney pig and a sandal. (excuse me while i just wipe the tears from my eyes)

Anyway:
I find it interesting that they have managed to stay in such good shape.
Any chance of finding the other sandal, 1 is no good on its own, what size is it and is it leather?

Ever notice how you find only one shoe on the road? Or missing one sock from the dryer?
It's some kind of darn cosmic conspiracy I tell ya. :passifier:

#7    GreenmansGod

GreenmansGod

Bio-Electric sentient being.

• 9,799 posts

• May the laughter ye give today return to thee 3 fold.

Posted 18 November 2012 - 08:56 PM

:lol:  Expert Pages.  :rofl:

"The moment you declare a set of ideas to be immune from criticism, satire, derision, or contempt, freedom of thought becomes impossible." Salman Rushdie

#8    freetoroam

freetoroam

• 7,518 posts

• If you didn't see it with your own eyes, or hear it with your own ears, don't invent it with your small mind and share it with your big mouth!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 08:59 PM

View Postpallidin, on 18 November 2012 - 08:36 PM, said:

Ever notice how you find only one shoe on the road? Or missing one sock from the dryer?
It's some kind of darn cosmic conspiracy I tell ya. :passifier:
I reckon there is a planet out there full of odd socks, OUR odd socks and NASA know all about it, but the government will not allow them to tell us, hence we keep buying more socks!!!

In an ideal World a law would be passed were NO guns were allowed and all those out there destroyed, trouble is the law makers are not going to take a risk of trying to pass that without making sure they are armed first.

#9    freetoroam

freetoroam

• 7,518 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 09:00 PM

View Postorangepeaceful79, on 18 November 2012 - 07:35 PM, said:

Lots of things look like other things - especially when you REALLY, REALLY want them to.  Come on.  Are there seriously people with nothing better to do than to pore over images like this being sent back, desperately trying to see something, ANYTHING that will support the beliefs they already hold that Mars once harbored (or still is harboring) life?  Egads.
I bet you a tenna the Virgin mary is up the somewhere in those rocks.

#10    orangepeaceful79

orangepeaceful79

Poltergeist

• Closed
  • 2,461 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 09:05 PM

not to mention jesus on a slice of toast.......

#11    DONTEATUS

DONTEATUS

Forum Divinity

• 17,838 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 11:47 PM

The Level of intelligent replies boggles the grey matter. Never mind It dont Matter ! :whistle: :no:

This is a Work in Progress!

#12    freetoroam

freetoroam

• 7,518 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 01:22 PM

View PostDONTEATUS, on 18 November 2012 - 11:47 PM, said:

The Level of intelligent replies boggles the grey matter. Never mind It dont Matter ! :whistle: :no:
We didn`t start the story about the sandal, guiney pig, half a finger sitting on the surface of Mars, we were just elaborating on it. :whistle:

#13    ShadowBoy86x

ShadowBoy86x

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 252 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 02:22 PM

if i see that stupid hamster rock again, im gunna freak!!! :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :rofl:

people think rocks are anything now adays, a sole? hamster? pyramid?

Edited by ShadowBoy86x, 19 November 2012 - 02:24 PM.

#14    Amerix

Amerix

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 747 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 03:58 PM

This is what the face on mars really is.  The government is covering it up!

Posted Image

#15    mfrmboy

mfrmboy

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 520 posts

• Beam Moo Up!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 05:53 PM

I would like to see the pics in succession.  If there is another pic it snapped right after the first one and what ever it is has moved then I would be more inclined to believe it.

One man's TOOL is another man's TOY ! :tu:

Also tagged with mars, rover, curiosity, space, life

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users