Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * - 3 votes

Crop circles are not the work of hoaxers

greg jefferys crop circles

• Please log in to reply
162 replies to this topic

#91    AlienDan

AlienDan

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 308 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 06:25 AM

View PostOverSword, on 28 January 2013 - 03:30 PM, said:

I was on another web-site a few years back and there was a thread posted by a retired pilot who had owned a sky tour company that would take tourists up in small planes to see the crop circles from the air.  According to his anonymous confession he and the owners of other planes had a few 'artists' they would pay to create crop circles for them to show, which explains why crop cicles went from a basic crop circle years ago to the relatively complicated designs that we see now.  Even so some defy that explanation IMO.

Crop circles have turned into a business. The "researchers" are cashing in on it, with seminars and documentaries. Just look at the ridiculous prices of "crop circle tours" HAHA

http://www.cropcircl...signup13uk.html
"The price for this eight day trip is US $2750.00 *"

View PostNemoMysterio, on 29 January 2013 - 02:50 PM, said:

How could you explain 'hoaxers' detailing the Torus and Vector Equalibrium? Are not these 'hoaxers' often local drunks?

They're not all hoaxers, most of them are secret artists who are passionate about this. They enjoy the attention they get through them, and the experiences they give to people. Plus making bigger and better designs is quite the chalange, no different than an architectures passion for designing bigger and stronger buildings.

View PostMrSerendipity, on 29 January 2013 - 05:23 PM, said:

I have watched documentaries in the past in which it was stated that the genetic structure of the flattened wheat was changed and that the stalks weren't snapped just bent. Hoaxers with wooden boards and ropes don't account for this at all.

Mostly sensationalized BS. BLT research is full of frauds and wannabe scientists. They don't do scientific studies, they do confirmation biased and conflicted data studies. Just look at the fake psychic Robert van den brooke they're affiliated with. :w00t: And stalks don't break from pushing them over with boards.

View PostAstral Hillbilly, on 29 January 2013 - 05:27 PM, said:

Abremelin, they didn't have night vision goggles in the 40's or 50's did they ? How do you explain that away ?

Step out in a open field at night when the moon is out. Let your eyes adjust for 15 minutes. Now is it hard to believe you dont need night vision?

View PostProfessor Buzzkill, on 30 January 2013 - 11:08 PM, said:

So in 1678 someone created a circle with some ropes and boards. Then spontaineously 300 years later, someone else did the same, which gained some attention and started the worldwide craze. I am glad we sorted that one out. No more discussion! My mind is closed!
(please read the above with sarcasim)

I don't know if there are any "real" circles or not. What i do know is that; you don't know either.

Interresting how it might of started, but maybe no one took notice and bothered to make lots of them like today because of the low population and virtually no means of communication compared to the last 20 years? And you can know, if you've done enaugh research you know what to look for, here's just some examples:

#92    TheSearcher

TheSearcher

Coffee expert extraordinair

• 3,845 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 05:17 PM

Nice post AlienDan. I do like the vid as well. A rather good explanation and one that makes more sense than ET.

It is only the ignorant who despise education.
Publilius Syrus.

So god made me an atheist. Who are you to question his wisdom?!

#93    andy hair candy

andy hair candy

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 74 posts

• slowly slipping away...

Posted 11 February 2013 - 05:24 PM

The art and marhmatics that goes into them is beautiful... Id love to think they are supernatural but i can appreciate then as human works of art... Whod have thought of usin crops as a medium?

#94    OverSword

OverSword

Forum Divinity

• 12,810 posts

• When the power of love overcomes the love of power then humanity can evolve

Posted 11 February 2013 - 06:15 PM

View Postharleyblueswoman, on 29 January 2013 - 01:10 PM, said:

I personally do not think all crop circles are hoaxes...there are some that is done so perfectly and others that it is obviously done by humans.  There is someone trying to relay messages to us and we are too full of ourselves to get the messages. How can some of these that are so intricate just pop up over night?
Yes, because pressing down patterns in the grass is just how a race of beings who have crossed interstellar distances would choose to communicate with another advanced or semi-advanced species on another planet. :whistle:

#95    angi chiesa

angi chiesa

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 273 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 07:11 AM

Well yes its a great way for an alien to give us a message..so what is the message and how do we reply.Angi

#96    Frank Merton

Frank Merton

Blue fish

• 13,456 posts

• fmerton.blogspot.com

Posted 24 March 2013 - 07:24 AM

I feel sorry for the farmers hit by these things, but I do appreciate the art in some of them.

#97    Night Walker

Night Walker

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,053 posts

• We're all storytellers. We all live in a network of stories. There isn't a stronger connection between people than storytelling.

J.M. Smith

Posted 24 March 2013 - 09:37 AM

Well I'm sorry to have to burst the Australian expert's bubble so soon after his discovery, but it might have helped had he done *any* research at all. He would have discovered that the 'crop circle' near Tatton is no such thing. For one thing Tatton Hall and its grounds are parkland with deer, and not crop fields (this 'formation' actually was only a few hundred yards NE of the Hall, and right in the center of the extensive grounds). The deer park was created by royal charter as long ago as 1290.

But more to the point, he could easily have discovered from Wiki that *this very area* was used extensively during WW2 for parachute training. It housed barrage balloons from which drops were made, and also aircraft passes from which paratroopers practiced real jumps. They are known to have been dropped in tree areas for realistic experience in preparation for actual war drops in enemy territory. The park even contains a special monument dedicated to the paratroopers who trained there before losing their lives (photo at Wiki).

So unfortunately this "crop circle" is no such thing at all - it is a marked-out target area for parachute drops - the "formation" not consisting of flattened crops at all (since there aren't any) but of targets painted in white for clear visibility. Perhaps that is why the circles look like parachutes!

http://www.cropcircl...ie-is-born.html

Previous follies promoted by Greg Jeffreys include the Gympie Pyramid and the Stradbroke Island Galleon. Seems he has found an international audience with his latest crop circle nonsense...

Posted Image Yes! Canada's most fearsome predator. The Kodiak Marmoset – it's the world's largest smallest primate. "My God! He's killing us..."

The Yowie-ocalypse is upon us...

#98    bison

bison

Psychic Spy

• 1,176 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 03:52 PM

View Postangi chiesa, on 24 March 2013 - 07:11 AM, said:

Well yes its a great way for an alien to give us a message..so what is the message and how do we reply.Angi
Some will dispute the assertion that crop circles are a great way for extraterrestrials to give us messages. They apparently think it too ambiguous, too roundabout an alternative to simply and fully revealing their presence all at once. Perhaps ETs prefer to make our acquaintance in a very gradual manner. Judging by the way humans seem to fear the 'other'-- intelligent life housed in an unfamiliar physical form, such a policy appears wise.
I have been trying to discern the meaning of various crop circles, and responding in an (I hope) constructive way for some years. Sometimes they appear to contain mathematical themes. At other times they appear to use somewhat familiar symbols. There can also be a good deal of three dimensional diagram-like content, depicted in two dimensions. This often requires a good deal of interpretation, almost as if our perceptual abilities were being assessed. I try to work with whatever is given and convey a possible tentative understanding in my radio wave mediated replies.
I do not assume that any particular crop circle is the product of an extraterrestrial intelligence. I merely respond to some of the more interesting patterns, as if this could be the case.

Edited by bison, 24 March 2013 - 03:56 PM.

#99    Black Red Devil

Black Red Devil

Mean as Hell

• 2,328 posts

• I would if I could
    But I can't, so I won't

Posted 27 March 2013 - 08:53 AM

LOL, from the OP article, "The American male lost half his sperm count due to a warning from a 200 foot penis from outer space."  These aliens must be from the planet Promiscuous.

The media may have lost interest in them, but crop circles are still out there. Last year provided a bumper harvest, with 18 recorded in August alone.
Reg, the country’s best known circle investigator, believes the striking agricultural artworks are messages from space.
Twenty years ago, he shocked the world by revealing: “A 200 foot long penis turned up in a crop formation just by Chequers.
“Everybody laughed – so did I.
“But one week after that appeared near the Prime Minister’s home, we discovered that the American male had lost half of his sperm count.
“Two months after that it came out that we’re losing it over here, too.
“I don’t believe that crop formation was a hoax. I think somebody was trying to tell us something.
“It’s all so bloody weird.”

We are each our own devil, and we make this world our hell

- Oscar Wilde

#100    Frank Merton

Frank Merton

Blue fish

• 13,456 posts

• fmerton.blogspot.com

Posted 27 March 2013 - 08:58 AM

What's bloody wierd is that people think these things are aliens trying to give us messages.  By the way, do these things ever occur other than in Britain (I've heard of a couple in the states but this seems to be mainly a British hobby).

#101    Black Red Devil

Black Red Devil

Mean as Hell

• 2,328 posts

• I would if I could
    But I can't, so I won't

Posted 27 March 2013 - 05:59 PM

View PostFrank Merton, on 27 March 2013 - 08:58 AM, said:

What's bloody wierd is that people think these things are aliens trying to give us messages.  By the way, do these things ever occur other than in Britain (I've heard of a couple in the states but this seems to be mainly a British hobby).

Yeah, it does appear this phenomenon happens to occur mostly in Britain, although, there have been cases of crop circles popping up on the moon too. :yes:

Posted Image

We are each our own devil, and we make this world our hell

- Oscar Wilde

#102    Sir Wearer of Hats

Sir Wearer of Hats

Is not a number!

• 10,032 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 10:35 PM

View PostBlack Red Devil, on 27 March 2013 - 05:59 PM, said:

Yeah, it does appear this phenomenon happens to occur mostly in Britain, although, there have been cases of crop circles popping up on the moon too. :yes:

Posted Image
Well that's me convinced. :innocent:

#103    Abramelin

Abramelin

-

• 18,098 posts
  • Location:"Here the tide is ruled, by the wind, the moon and us."

• God created the world, but the Dutch created the Netherlands

Posted 29 March 2013 - 10:31 AM

View PostFrank Merton, on 27 March 2013 - 08:58 AM, said:

I think it is because farmers in the US are allowed to carry rifles, but farmers in the UK are not.

#104    Oppono Astos

Oppono Astos

Overlord of Delgon

• 2,066 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 11:38 AM

View PostAbramelin, on 29 March 2013 - 10:31 AM, said:

I think it is because farmers in the US are allowed to carry rifles, but farmers in the UK are not.
UK farmers do carry and brandish shotguns; been threatened with a shotgun a few times down the years while out on skywatches.

Edited by Oppono Astos, 29 March 2013 - 11:39 AM.

Who is the skeptic: the realist who won't accept belief, or the believer who won't accept reality?

#105    Harte

Harte

Supremely Educated Knower of Everything in Existence

• 8,920 posts

• Skeptic

Posted 31 March 2013 - 01:14 AM

View PostProfessor Buzzkill, on 30 January 2013 - 11:08 PM, said:

So in 1678 someone created a circle with some ropes and boards. Then spontaineously 300 years later, someone else did the same, which gained some attention and started the worldwide craze. I am glad we sorted that one out. No more discussion! My mind is closed!
(please read the above with sarcasim)

I don't know if there are any "real" circles or not. What i do know is that; you don't know either.

Can no one even pause for a moment to note that the 1678 report clearly states that the oats were mown, not flattened?

Are we not going to go by what reports actually say, preferring to make up our own versions of the testimony?

Harte

I've consulted all the sages I could find in yellow pages but there aren't many of them. - The Alan Parsons Project
Most people would die sooner than think; in fact, they do so. - Bertrand Russell
Ignorance is preferable to error; and he is less remote from the truth who believes nothing, than he who believes what is wrong. - Thomas Jefferson
Giorgio's dying Ancient Aliens internet forum

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users