Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

California couple vanishes in Peru

Keel M.

I am sorry this couple seems to have been kidnapped, but they were warned, so why ignore the warnings?

Authorities in Peru have launched a search for a California couple reported missing while on a cycling trip through the Andean country in an area where U.S. citizens have been warned of kidnapping risks, U.S. Embassy officials in Lima, Peru, said Monday.

Families of the couple, Garrett Hand and Jamie Neal, said they last heard from the pair on Jan. 25, a day before they were expected to arrive in Lima after a journey of several hundred miles from Cusco, in the country's mountainous interior southeast of the capital, the embassy said in a statement.

"Embassy officers are ... in close contact with Peruvian authorities who are working diligently to find Mr. Hand and Ms. Neal," said the statement, furnished to Reuters by information officer Leslie Nunez Goodman.

Full story

• Like 1

I am sorry this couple seems to have been kidnapped, but they were warned, so why ignore the warnings?

its because they are part of that whole group of !diots, I mean people who believe it will never happen to them :whistle:

• Like 2

I'll never understand travel to certain countries. That housewife that got bludgeoned to death in Turkey, for example. She even went alone!

I wonder how many lives will be lost or impacted by attempts to rescue people either too stupid or too ignorant to keep themselves out of known danger.

• Like 1