Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * - - - 3 votes

U.S. planned to blow up the MOON

• Please log in to reply
101 replies to this topic

#16    little_dreamer

little_dreamer

Poltergeist

• 3,230 posts

• We did not understand it all, but somehow we survived.

Posted 26 November 2012 - 12:22 AM

Also, blowing up the moon would have ruined a lot of songs.  Moon River, Bad Moon rising, etc. ;)

I am another anonymous face in the crowd. I am just another tiny wheel in the machinery of the world I live in.

#17    Ashotep

Ashotep

Telekinetic

• 7,150 posts

• Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway-John Wayne

Posted 26 November 2012 - 12:49 AM

The US also has plans in case of an alien invasion.  I seriously doubt it would of been attempted even if they could of done this.

#18    Simbi Laveau

Simbi Laveau

Overlord A. Snuffleupagus

• 8,245 posts

• ~So what's all this then ?!

Posted 26 November 2012 - 12:57 AM

View PostCoffey, on 25 November 2012 - 11:17 PM, said:

I can't really think of one government that is any better to be honest.

It's sad that these people think they represent the people of the country they govern.

It's like IF some alien race cam down, I hope they don't judge us all by our governments.
How far back you wanna go ?
Let's start with the native Americans ....where are they all ?
Oh yeah,we slaughtered bunches of them . Lest we not forget wounded knee and AIM.

The slave trade .Hunting humans ,in Africa ...Roots ,the story ,is fact based .
The war with Mexico to STEAL Tejas ...Texas .

The decimation of the American buffalo .

The Japanese internment camps during WW2,of american Japanese ,and then sending our enlisted American Japanese to Europe to fight the most dangerous battles,but if they died,eh..who cares .Then,bombing Hiroshima and Kyoto ,which was all civilians and women and children .

Allowing Chinese immigrants to build our railroads,for pennies a day .Die doing it,and once it was built ,making it ILLEGAL for them to have a job or give a Chinese a job,as they were heathens as per the govt.

Duping the Sioux Indians off their land,and shoving them into reservations ,so we could steal the gold that was theirs in the black hills
Which is very similar to what we do in the middle east for oil today .
Any other indians we forced on to reservations ,to take their land..
And these are just a small outline of America's history.
The entire nations history ,is built on the blood of other people .

No,there is no other government quite like ours.
It ,of course,does not reflect the people as a whole ,but no one cares .

Miss me?

#19    freetoroam

freetoroam

Honourary member of the UM asylum

• 6,515 posts

• If you didn't see it with your own eyes, or hear it with your own ears, don't invent it with your small mind and share it with your big mouth!

Posted 26 November 2012 - 01:11 AM

Simbi Laveux,
yes the Americans have done their fare share of it,  the African, Asians and the Europeans are not innocent of slaughtering their fellow man either, it just seems that the Americans made more films about it than the rest of the world.

In an ideal World a law would be passed were NO guns were allowed and all those out there destroyed, trouble is the law makers are not going to take a risk of trying to pass that without making sure they are armed first.

#20    Sakari

Sakari

tohi

• 11,828 posts

• Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Posted 26 November 2012 - 01:38 AM

View PostNeognosis, on 26 November 2012 - 12:05 AM, said:

I always more embarrassed that we have a public education system that graduates people from the 8th grade who don't know that this "report" is OBVIOUSLY false.

I even more embarrassed that this lack of critical analysis translates to our electoral process.

That times a million !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Shows some people believe anything they are told...... :blush:

For folks that do not check facts.........The " Daily Mail " is a tabloid paper......Like " The National Enquirer "......I almost feel sorry for people that see these things and believe them right away.

Key word....Almost.

Edited by Sakari, 26 November 2012 - 01:41 AM.

Our Wolf's Memorial Page

http://petsupports.com/a04/sakari.htm

#21    Sakari

Sakari

tohi

• 11,828 posts

• Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Posted 26 November 2012 - 01:41 AM

View PostSimbi Laveau, on 25 November 2012 - 10:50 PM, said:

I always so embarrassed to be American . I love my country ,as its my birth place ,but so many things are so ....disgusting...
The average Joe pisses and moans about all the foreigners hating us ,are just jealous,etc,have no clue.No clue at all.

America gives you the right to leave this Country whenever you want....... :yes:

Also, this story is false, from a tabloid newspaper.....

Our Wolf's Memorial Page

http://petsupports.com/a04/sakari.htm

#22    Simbi Laveau

Simbi Laveau

• 8,245 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 01:50 AM

View PostNeognosis, on 26 November 2012 - 12:05 AM, said:

I always more embarrassed that we have a public education system that graduates people from the 8th grade who don't know that this "report" is OBVIOUSLY false.

I even more embarrassed that this lack of critical analysis translates to our electoral process.
It was actually a general statement . The story ,true or not,does not detract from America's need to dominate everyone else ,and control the fate of the world .
And gosh ,I would leave ,but every other country has much more comprehensive immigration laws than the USA .
Go figure .

Miss me?

#23    Simbi Laveau

Simbi Laveau

• 8,245 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 02:02 AM

View Postfreetoroam, on 26 November 2012 - 01:11 AM, said:

Simbi Laveux,
yes the Americans have done their fare share of it,  the African, Asians and the Europeans are not innocent of slaughtering their fellow man either, it just seems that the Americans made more films about it than the rest of the world.
Oh ,I never said everyone else is innocent ,and it has nothing to do with films .It's all out there in black and white,quite literally.
I mean which country had a civil war ,to end slavery of blacks ,that we went to Africa to catch ,like they were wild animals ?

Not even south Africa has the ku Klux clan .

Edited by Simbi Laveau, 26 November 2012 - 02:03 AM.

Miss me?

#24    freetoroam

freetoroam

• 6,515 posts

• If you didn't see it with your own eyes, or hear it with your own ears, don't invent it with your small mind and share it with your big mouth!

Posted 26 November 2012 - 02:07 AM

View PostSimbi Laveau, on 26 November 2012 - 02:02 AM, said:

Oh ,I never said everyone else is innocent ,and it has nothing to do with films .It's all out there in black and white,quite literally.
I mean which country had a civil war ,to end slavery of blacks ,that we went to Africa to catch ,like they were wild animals ?

Not even south Africa has the ku Klux clan .
the blacks were not the first slaves on this planet, why do some people think that??? Please remember that many of those black slaves were sold to the spanish by their own families then taken to America.
also there was a time when the celts and pagans got slaughtered because of a religion, the Americans had nothing to do with that.
I am not actually sticking up for the Americans, i am just saying that throughout history the Americans were not the worse.

In an ideal World a law would be passed were NO guns were allowed and all those out there destroyed, trouble is the law makers are not going to take a risk of trying to pass that without making sure they are armed first.

#25    Simbi Laveau

Simbi Laveau

• 8,245 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 02:10 AM

Numerous other news wires have the story ,not just tabloids.
Google it .
Ahem.

. http://www.wopular.c...ights-over-ussr

Miss me?

#26    freetoroam

freetoroam

• 6,515 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 02:13 AM

View PostSimbi Laveau, on 26 November 2012 - 02:10 AM, said:

Numerous other news wires have the story ,not just tabloids.
Google it .
Ahem.

. http://www.wopular.c...ights-over-ussr
its probably not the last time either. Guarantee they are not alone.

#27    Simbi Laveau

Simbi Laveau

• 8,245 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 02:14 AM

View Postfreetoroam, on 26 November 2012 - 02:07 AM, said:

the blacks were not the first slaves on this planet, why do some people think that??? Please remember that many of those black slaves were sold to the spanish by their own families then taken to America.
also there was a time when the celts and pagans got slaughtered because of a religion, the Americans had nothing to do with that.
I am not actually sticking up for the Americans, i am just saying that throughout history the Americans were not the worse.
I never said they weren't other slaves. The ancient Romans had slaves . That was actually due to the caste system . You were born into it .

This was ships,full of white Americans ,sailing to Africa ,and CATCHING HUMANS,as if they were animals ,loading dozens of them on a,boat,and shipping them to the new world  .
Forcing them to accept their god .Giving up their language ,freedom and religion ,which is,what they did to the Indians .
We slaughtered the Indians for refusing to accept Christianity in some cases.

The crusades ,luckily ,are on the Europeans ....

Miss me?

#28    freetoroam

freetoroam

• 6,515 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 02:29 AM

View PostSimbi Laveau, on 26 November 2012 - 02:14 AM, said:

I never said they weren't other slaves. The ancient Romans had slaves . That was actually due to the caste system . You were born into it .

This was ships,full of white Americans ,sailing to Africa ,and CATCHING HUMANS,as if they were animals ,loading dozens of them on a,boat,and shipping them to the new world  .
Forcing them to accept their god .Giving up their language ,freedom and religion ,which is,what they did to the Indians .
We slaughtered the Indians for refusing to accept Christianity in some cases.

The crusades ,luckily ,are on the Europeans ....
"Some African states played a role in the slave trade. They would sell their captives or prisoners of war to European buyers" the Americans were not the first to have the slaves from Africa, remember slavery in Africa among themselves came well before that.
There is no condoning any of it, but its a global thing, not just an American thing, personally I think they are all bad and would not single out just one continent.
As for the religious aspect of it, well that is what has caused the most wars and its still going on today.
As an none follower of any cult, i despise those who killed others in the name of religion.....and still do today!

#29    coldethyl

coldethyl

~☆~Public Animal #9~☆~

• 16,331 posts

• ~*★*~I'm not in this world to live up to your expectations and you're not in this world to live up to mine.
    Bruce Lee~*★*~

Posted 26 November 2012 - 02:42 AM

View PostLady Kasey, on 26 November 2012 - 12:13 AM, said:

When there's a write up from somewhere other than the Daily Mail, I'll give the story more thought. Until then....not so much.

Ditto.

Daily Mail has no credence here.  It's like believing in Batboy.

#30    Simbi Laveau

Simbi Laveau

• 8,245 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 02:48 AM

I

View Postcoldethyl, on 26 November 2012 - 02:42 AM, said:

Ditto.

Daily Mail has no credence here.  It's like believing in Batboy.
oH
A bunch of other newswires has it .Wait for a foreign agency to get ahold of it,because no American news source will touch it is my guess.
I would say it was possible . It was the 50s,and we are also in a space race with Russia ,for the moon . Who knows .

Edited by Simbi Laveau, 26 November 2012 - 02:49 AM.

Miss me?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users