Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Congressman says bomb Mecca if US attacked

• Please log in to reply
324 replies to this topic

#16    Babs

Babs

Alien Abducter

• 4,663 posts

• "Truth will first be ridiculed, then violently opposed, and finally accepted as self-evident" A. Schopenhauer 1788-1860

Posted 18 July 2005 - 05:31 PM

QUOTE(final flight @ Jul 18 2005, 11:24 AM)
The US can barely handle the Iraqi insugents if they bomb mecca the entire muslim population will attack the them. Theres no way they could win by bombing macca they would secure their defeat and collapse as a super power.

View Post

I'm sure the U.S._collapsing as a super power_ doesn't worry you, so why the protest? cool.gif

"The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation"

Henry David Thoreau...

#17    morpheas

morpheas

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,298 posts

Posted 18 July 2005 - 05:33 PM

-Post removed-

be true to yourself first, then you can be true with others.

#18    final flight

final flight

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 424 posts

Posted 18 July 2005 - 05:35 PM

But not every musil is anti-american in fact there are many muslims who live peacfully within the US. Attacking mecca would set off the peacful muslims. You cannot attack there most holy city because of a few radical muslims.

Posted Image
You Might Be Canadian If...

-You know that the Royal Canadian Mounted Police (RCMP) don't always look like that.
-You can eat more than one maple sugar candy without feeling nauseous.
-You think -10 C is mild weather.
-You know the ingredients for poutine.  
-You die a little inside if you can't get your Tim's double-double every morning.  
-You know the difference between real snow and "television" snow -- the white stuff that passes for snow on tv and in films. You scream, "For Christsake! That should be sticking to their pants!" and "Lookit, it's not melting! That's *so* not snow!" when watching 'Winter' scenes.
-You understand the phrase "Could you pass me a serviette, I just dropped my poutine, on the chesterfield."

#19    Pyxis

Pyxis

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 531 posts

• Well I guess alone is better than dead.

Posted 18 July 2005 - 05:51 PM

No you can't.  Attacking the holy sites would be a major mistake.  Not only would the Muslims be ready for war, but our allies probably wouldn't look at it very favorably either.

"That blog is gonna cause nothing but trouble."

If a broken heart could kill, I'd be long gone.

"Paul Bunyon didn't fight Rodan."

#20    Babs

Babs

Alien Abducter

• 4,663 posts

• "Truth will first be ridiculed, then violently opposed, and finally accepted as self-evident" A. Schopenhauer 1788-1860

Posted 18 July 2005 - 05:58 PM

final flight....A few???

...remember 911?? "A few" of them took out 3,000 of our people. ohmy.gif  angry.gif

I am not talking about innocent people, here.....EXCEPT.... the terrorists 'did' kill 'our' innocent people. blink.gif If they kill our innocents, we should kill their innocents. Fair?......and the best place to hit the terrorists would be where their 'terrorist' philosophy starts, in their religion.

Edited by Babs, 18 July 2005 - 05:59 PM.

Henry David Thoreau...

#21    Pyxis

Pyxis

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 531 posts

• Well I guess alone is better than dead.

Posted 18 July 2005 - 06:04 PM

They kill our innocents, so we go kill theirs.  That's the way to do things.  Hmmm, that's stooping to their level.

"That blog is gonna cause nothing but trouble."

If a broken heart could kill, I'd be long gone.

"Paul Bunyon didn't fight Rodan."

#22    final flight

final flight

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 424 posts

Posted 18 July 2005 - 06:07 PM

A couple thousand radicals out of millions is a few. Also many of those radical muslims are brainwashed into the terrorist way of thinking.

Posted Image
You Might Be Canadian If...

-You know that the Royal Canadian Mounted Police (RCMP) don't always look like that.
-You can eat more than one maple sugar candy without feeling nauseous.
-You think -10 C is mild weather.
-You know the ingredients for poutine.  
-You die a little inside if you can't get your Tim's double-double every morning.  
-You know the difference between real snow and "television" snow -- the white stuff that passes for snow on tv and in films. You scream, "For Christsake! That should be sticking to their pants!" and "Lookit, it's not melting! That's *so* not snow!" when watching 'Winter' scenes.
-You understand the phrase "Could you pass me a serviette, I just dropped my poutine, on the chesterfield."

#23    Thanato

Thanato

Government Agent

• 4,358 posts

Posted 18 July 2005 - 06:10 PM

Terrorists dont have innocents, they dont have a country, they dont have a face. And you bomb Mecca, not only do you have the entire Muslim world jumping to attack America, you also got your allies and other non muslim countrys that would not like that, and you would be conferming that is a Holy War, and not a war against Terrorism. You would be playing right into there hands and securing the downfall of your country. And not only that, your soldiers in Iraq would be over run, same with your soldiers in everyother middle eastern nation, so basicly you would be condeming 10s of thousands of US citizens to death, or torture.

~Thanato

"Your toast has been burnt, and no amount of scrapping will remove the black parts!" ~Caboose

"I will eat your unhappyness!" ~Caboose

"Freedom isn't bought in stores, it is bought on battlefields." ~Thanato

#24    sanchera1978

sanchera1978

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 702 posts

Posted 18 July 2005 - 06:11 PM

Yeah bombing them would definitely help out on the war on terror.  Right now you have a few isolated extremists go bomb Mecca and see how many you have after that. The entire middle eastern world would unite and i dont think we would be able to handle that.

Your so against them Babs and yet you are no different then them . You promote fear, hate and violence just like they do.

What ever happened to 2 wrongs dont make a right?????

#25    __Kratos__

__Kratos__

-Staring-

• 25,876 posts

• As darkness falls, night unfolds ebony wings to wrap the world in it's dark embrace.

Posted 18 July 2005 - 06:54 PM

laugh.gif I had to laugh at this. Just the stupid things our officals say some days... yeah... lets go after ISLAM instead of TERRORISTS!  rolleyes.gif

He is just sick of seeing people killed in the name of religion for Jihad and killing infidels. Around here, that is what nearly eveybody thinks, I have just given up on trying to show them it is not all Islam, just ones that twist the Koran's teachings into terrorism. Sure, if you go through the Koran there is some iffy quotes (the ones that mainly get twisted) but it really isn't their way of life.

If you attak Mecca, it will be indeed a cause nearly every 1 billion + muslims will stand up for... then we are all in a world of ****!

Edited by __Kratos__, 18 July 2005 - 06:55 PM.

"Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away." ~Philip K. Dick

"Passion, peace. Strength, knowledge. Power, serenity. Victory, harmony. Freedom, the Force." ~Ashara Zavros

#26    Mr Ed

Mr Ed

Duff

• 4,672 posts

Posted 18 July 2005 - 06:56 PM

QUOTE(Thanato @ Jul 18 2005, 06:10 PM)
Terrorists dont have innocents, they dont have a country, they dont have a face. And you bomb Mecca, not only do you have the entire Muslim world jumping to attack America, you also got your allies and other non muslim countrys that would not like that, and you would be conferming that is a Holy War, and not a war against Terrorism. You would be playing right into there hands and securing the downfall of your country. And not only that, your soldiers in Iraq would be over run, same with your soldiers in everyother middle eastern nation, so basicly you would be condeming 10s of thousands of US citizens to death, or torture.

~Thanato

View Post

Thanato has made an excellent point here. If they did this then all of the worlds Muslim population, the religion was the second largest following, would become enemies of the USA.

Forum Boy

#27    Babs

Babs

Alien Abducter

• 4,663 posts

Posted 18 July 2005 - 06:56 PM

QUOTE(Pyxis @ Jul 18 2005, 12:04 PM)
They kill our innocents, so we go kill theirs.  That's the way to do things.  Hmmm, that's stooping to their level.

View Post

You know what...I don't think walking over body parts in a subway or on a double-decker bus is something to get moral about.

I don't care about stooping.........you and your high morals.  no.gif

Don't you care about life?

Henry David Thoreau...

#28    sanchera1978

sanchera1978

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 702 posts

Posted 18 July 2005 - 07:01 PM

yes she does care about life she's just smart enough to realize that bombing Mecca would not only kill thousands of innocents muslims it would ensure a global war which would kill millions and millions of innocent people inlcuding Americans.  We will never get rid of terrorist by violent means. The more we attack them the stronger their determination becomes and us bombing innocent places will only lead to more and more followers.

#29    Babs

Babs

Alien Abducter

• 4,663 posts

Posted 18 July 2005 - 07:03 PM

That sounds reasonable, sanchera. Do you really believe that?

Henry David Thoreau...

#30    sanchera1978

sanchera1978

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 702 posts

Posted 18 July 2005 - 07:37 PM

Yes I do. Do you really believe us bombing Mecca would be a smart choice?  I dont see us making any real progress against terrorism in the last few years do you?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users