Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

In Fight for Independence, Kurds

Uncle Sam

We should be helping the Kurdish government in this current conflict, they are pretty much an middle east country that works with other nations and establish trade routes, wants to grow as an society and they are not bias against any other religions, they respect their citizens rights, and they also focus on establishing infrastructures that are needed. Kurd's are also fighting the ISIS and have made great strides against this radical organization. They are an flourishing country that actually respects America and other European nations. They don't want to attack Israel, they don't want to start a holy war, they are not supporting terrorists, and they are willing to sit down to negotiate. They want peace above all and want to be able to get along with others. Only problem at the moment is they haven't been recognized as an state by other Middle East countries, because technically they are still part of Iraqi. Because their undeclared nation is stable and U.S. could rely on them during the Iraqi war, we should support their right for statehood and offer them aid to help protect their small nation from the ISIS who wants to incorporate them into the Islamic State. The Kurdish government is also taking up Christian Refugees that are fleeing from the ISIS in Iraqi, I think it is time to give them what they earned, their independence and their right to be an nation.

In a riveting report from Vice's Sam Koebrich, Kurds in Erbil, Iraq-- the capital of Iraqi Kurdistan and among the most stable cities in the nation-- tell the magazine that they appreciate the work of American soldiers in stabilizing the country and ridding it of Saddam Hussein. Erbil, Koebrich writes, was largely protected by American forces during most of the second Iraq War, and Kurds were able to establish international trade in their region and keep it relatively free of the influence of jihadists, Baathist Saddam Hussein supporters, or the Shi'ite Iraqi government.

The result of this Kurdish support for America, in pictures, is what appears to be an interminable Fourth of July happening in a country the left in the media argue has been destabilized and inured into hating the United States. Kitschy American flag t-shirts and car decals abound, as do portraits of George W. Bush. Koebrich himself experienced it: "On one occasion a man told me he went to California on vacation for two weeks—'the best two weeks in my whole life.'”

The Kurdish tie to America is especially important in their fight against the Islamic State, formerly the Islamic State of Iraq and al-Sham (ISIS). Under George W. Bush, the Kurdish regions of Iraq, particularly Erbil, were kept at a distance from the main fighting between Hussein's forces and what became the Maliki government. That distance allowed the Kurdish regions of Iraq to flourish, both economically and culturally.

http://www.breitbart...ica-for-Support

Edited by Uncle Sam
  • Like 1

We should be helping the Kurdish government in this current conflict, they are pretty much an middle east country that works with other nations and establish trade routes, wants to grow as an society and they are not bias against any other religions, they respect their citizens rights, and they also focus on establishing infrastructures that are needed. Kurd's are also fighting the ISIS and have made great strides against this radical organization. They are an flourishing country that actually respects America and other European nations. They don't want to attack Israel, they don't want to start a holy war, they are not supporting terrorists, and they are willing to sit down to negotiate. They want peace above all and want to be able to get along with others. Only problem at the moment is they haven't been recognized as an state by other Middle East countries, because technically they are still part of Iraqi. Because their undeclared nation is stable and U.S. could rely on them during the Iraqi war, we should support their right for statehood and offer them aid to help protect their small nation from the ISIS who wants to incorporate them into the Islamic State. The Kurdish government is also taking up Christian Refugees that are fleeing from the ISIS in Iraqi, I think it is time to give them what they earned, their independence and their right to be an nation.

I started saying this in 2003. They were the ONLY group in the country where US troops were really welcomed. We should have built the mega-embassy there and established relations with them. Had we done this we would have a secure long term footprint there with which to offset Iran.

You clearly know close to nothing about Kurds Sam

I would agree with establishing Kurdistan. However, there is one small problem. Kurdistan occupies much of Eastern Turkey, Western Iran, a portion of Northern Syria (French Mandate) and Northern Iraq (British Mandate). The Treaty of Sèvres (10 August 1920) would have allocated a Kurdistan in Turkey but the Treaty of Lausanne (July 24, 1923) superseded it and Turkey retained today’s borders. Therefore, Kurdistan would remain a dream divided between four entities.

I would agree with establishing Kurdistan. However, there is one small problem. Kurdistan occupies much of Eastern Turkey, Western Iran, a portion of Northern Syria (French Mandate) and Northern Iraq (British Mandate). The Treaty of Sèvres (10 August 1920) would have allocated a Kurdistan in Turkey but the Treaty of Lausanne (July 24, 1923) superseded it and Turkey retained today's borders. Therefore, Kurdistan would remain a dream divided between four entities.

Doesn't have to take away from the other nations, just offer them an small nation and official borders. Then as they grow, they could negotiate buying land back from those three nations if they choose through purchases like America did.

• Like 1

I would agree with establishing Kurdistan. However, there is one small problem. Kurdistan occupies much of Eastern Turkey, Western Iran, a portion of Northern Syria (French Mandate) and Northern Iraq (British Mandate). The Treaty of Sèvres (10 August 1920) would have allocated a Kurdistan in Turkey but the Treaty of Lausanne (July 24, 1923) superseded it and Turkey retained today's borders. Therefore, Kurdistan would remain a dream divided between four entities.

I would agree with establishing a Lakota Homeland right on top of your house.

• Like 2

I kind of feel like setting up another nation would just cause lots of problems.

I kind of feel like setting up another nation would just cause lots of problems.

Kurdistan existed before, but with the chaos and trouble happening in the area. The region where the Kurdish governing and protecting is the most stable region in the whole middle east. They are less violent in nature and more peace loving compared to their other counter-parts in Iraqi, so rewarding them statehood would be great step towards calming the region. Gives an base of stable region for nations to step in and end the chaos. Their role in this would earn them the right to become an full statehood, even if it is an small portion of Iraqi we see today. Now if Turkey and Kurdish Government could get along, we would see an major leap and bounds in this region. I think we need to focus on establishing an statehood for Kurdistan, then normalize ties between Turkey and Kurdish Government so they would become allies instead of foes. Of course we would need to be weary of Iran's meddling in the affairs of the newly establish nation. I have a feeling Iran would immediately send proxy agents to attack Kurdistan, but as we have seen, they are very capable fighters and good enough to protect themselves against an radical element that has crippled Syria and Iraqi.

If Syria falls and Iraqi falls, Kurdistan statehood should be fast tracked and recover previous borders they lost after World War I in Syria and Iraqi. From there the united forces of Coalition can stage attacks on ISIS and driving them out of the region while helping the neighboring nations regain their stable government. Kurdistan is able to defend herself, but add with Coalition of troops from different nations, this will allow for us to focus on the offense while Kurdistan focuses on the defense. I hope Iraqi and Syria had their eyes open to the ISIS threat, how vulnerable they can be without the aid of other nations. You can't protect your nation with ill-trained and ill-equipped troops against Islamic Proxies used by other nations.

Edited by Uncle Sam
  • Like 1

The responsible foreign policy would be no foreign entanglements unless your country is attacked. And a clear and defined objective agreed on by your Congress. Lead by example. No buts. Stick to your principles.

Those who try to tell others what "we" should be doing in other countries I say this to you: Pack your bags. Quit your job. Grab the wife, kids and a rifle. You go there and fight if that's what you want.

I'm sick of psychos telling everybody what "we" should be doing. You do it. Lead the charge!

Edited by acidhead
  • Like 2

this is a wonderful idea, I think we should give them a country in america Kurds have suffered a lot and they deserve to be mobilized, it make since a land with no people for people with no land

Edited by the-Unexpected-Soul
  • Like 2

Please people note that many are supporting to establish Kurdistan and those who support that doesn't support a Palestinian state.Why is that do you know?

Well Kurds have been sponsored by Israel and if a Kurdistan is established that would be a puppet of Israel

• Like 3

When there's no longer any magic lines drawn by governments to treat other people on the other side of differently, we can all be truly independent in mind and spirit. But we're a long, long way away from such an evolution in the human species as that.

The lines still get way too much respect. As if the governments who drew them deserve it.

Well, neither Syria or Iraq are in any position to argue. As for Turkey..... pfffft.... they've been getting a bit bolshy of late, and are overdue for a bit of a slapping. Perhaps we'll threaten to kick them out of Cyprus. That only leaves Iran. Hmmm.........

I would agree with establishing a Lakota Homeland right on top of your house.

I think the planning permission for that would be a bit tricky ? It took me 8 weeks just to get permission to extend my garage (into Hebron)..... I shudder to think how long it would take Ravenhawk to get permission to build a complete autonomous Republic on his roof ?

• Like 1

I think the planning permission for that would be a bit tricky ? It took me 8 weeks just to get permission to extend my garage (into Hebron)..... I shudder to think how long it would take Ravenhawk to get permission to build a complete autonomous Republic on his roof ?

He can still live in his house perhaps, he just has to walk in between the correct fences and it's likely we'll have to manage his calories and put him on a diet. That'll be good for him. The power lines are going to be Lakota, and so I don't know what the future of his electricity is going to be. If he buys his own lines, he might be able to hook up to the grid. He's going to lose most of his yard during the development process. We're going to use his property to dump waste and stock building supplies in his front yard. His trees are going to have to be torn down with bulldozers. He might have a few years left at home but when the Lakota are ready to expand to his yard he's going to have to move and his house is going to get demolished. If there's any bad behavior out of him during all this, we might have to smash him up, some of his family might get killed, but that's okay we just want him to leave, we don't want any trouble.

Is he allowed to fire rockets ? :P

His right to bear arms will be terminated, effective immediately. He will be allowed to live, if he can live in peace.

Meh... the Lakota homeland has a fatal flaw at its centre.

RH can smoke them out any time he wants.... by just lighting his living-room coal fire. The chimney will do the rest. :D

Things are taking an turn for the worst for Kurds, ISIS is making great strides against the Kurdish government who were more capable fighting force against the Iraqi military.

http://news.yahoo.com/islamic-state-captures-iraqi-town-oil-field-witnesses-075411716.html

When there's no longer any magic lines drawn by governments to treat other people on the other side of differently, we can all be truly independent in mind and spirit. But we're a long, long way away from such an evolution in the human species as that.

The lines still get way too much respect. As if the governments who drew them deserve it.

Don't disagree. But as you say a long way off.