Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * - 7 votes

The Ancient Alien Theory Is True

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
10148 replies to this topic

#7621    Abramelin

Abramelin

-

• 18,085 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 03:24 AM

View Postzoser, on 24 February 2013 - 07:18 PM, said:

No ordinary earthquake produced that kind of disaster and you know it.

Fragments from that area can be found a mile away or more.

According to visitors to the area fragments of those blocks are scattered about like seeds.

It was a major event.  Look at pictures of the site.

Earthquake?

An extremely severe one, or more likely a flood of biblical proportions.

People would have know about that in NewYork never mind a dozen miles away.

No ordinary earthquake, but the area is known for many heavy earthquakes, and the strongest earthquake ever recorded was in Chile, 1960 (9.5 on the Richter scale). People were even killed on the other side of the Pacific.

These people have experienced many earthquakes and many strong ones throughout history. You should see the effect of some of them on the coast or on the mountains. They are used to it but of course not happy with it.

#7622    danielost

danielost

Forum Divinity

• 28,903 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 06:40 AM

View PostWearer of Hats, on 25 February 2013 - 01:21 AM, said:

the Flood is said to have killed all men except those of Noah's family.
so there could have been a nillion different types of man before the flood, but after it there was one. Noah's mob.
So if you accept the flood as fact, then any post-Deluvian humanity would be from Noah's stock. Pre-Deluvian is anoth matter, but Puma Punka etc are all realitvely modern and certainly "post-Flood".

I know about Noah, I used abraham because you mentioned Moses and the bible deals with isrilites mostly.

You could be correct, but the bible only talkes about Adam.

I am a mormon.  If I don't use mormons believe, those my beliefs only.
I do not go to church haven't for thirty years.
There are other mormons on this site. So if I have misspoken about the beliefs. I welcome their input.
I am not perfect and never will be. I do strive to be true to myself. I do my best to stay true to the mormon faith. Thank for careing and if you don't peace be with you.

#7623    third_eye

third_eye

_ M Ġ ń Ř Ī Ş_

• 6,957 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 07:35 AM

View Postdanielost, on 25 February 2013 - 06:40 AM, said:

I know about Noah, I used abraham because you mentioned Moses and the bible deals with isrilites mostly.

... and blaming Eve

' ... life and death carry on as they always have ~ and always will, only the dreamer is gone ~ behind the flow of imagination, beyond any effort to be still
dancing in the ebb and flow of attention, more present than the breath, I find the origins of my illusions, only the dreamer is gone ~ the dream never ends
'

GIFTS WITH NO GIVER - a love affair with truth ~ Poems by Nirmala

third_eye ' s cavern ~ bring own beer

#7624    Sir Wearer of Hats

Sir Wearer of Hats

Is not a number!

• 9,669 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 07:52 AM

View Postdanielost, on 25 February 2013 - 06:40 AM, said:

eading between the lines gives us "tribes" who aren't like Adam and Eve, bu they all die in the Flood.

#7625    danielost

danielost

Forum Divinity

• 28,903 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 09:26 AM

View PostWearer of Hats, on 25 February 2013 - 07:52 AM, said:

eading between the lines gives us "tribes" who aren't like Adam and Eve, bu they all die in the Flood.

Actually, the bible makes a point that cains tribe survived the flood.  One of Noah's daughter-in-laws was a cainenite.

I am a mormon.  If I don't use mormons believe, those my beliefs only.
I do not go to church haven't for thirty years.
There are other mormons on this site. So if I have misspoken about the beliefs. I welcome their input.
I am not perfect and never will be. I do strive to be true to myself. I do my best to stay true to the mormon faith. Thank for careing and if you don't peace be with you.

#7626    TheSearcher

TheSearcher

Coffee expert extraordinair

• 3,845 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 12:43 PM

I still don't understand why people still believe EVD, the man is a self confessed liar and fraud, who had no compunction fabricating evidence or plainly lying about certain facts. He himself admitted making some of the stories up.
In the wiki page, the list or errors, admitted lies and frauds, etc, is longer than the life history part. In this article, there is an interview of him and also a NOVA documentary, where he himself admits that a lot of his writings are plain lies or grossly exaggerated. I did also find the elusive playboy article, where he admits to some more fraud.

Oh and I found this little thing, the largest stone ever moved by man, is the thunder stone (found in Lakhta, 6 km inland from the Gulf of Finland in 1768), which now serves as pedestal for the Bronze Horseman statue on the  Senate Square in Saint Petersburg .
It was moved during winter, when the ground was frozen. They then dragged the large stone over the frozen ground to the sea for shipment and transport to the city. The labour was done entirely by humans; no animals or machines were used in bringing the stone from the original site to the Senate Square.
If you can read french, read the bit here.

It is only the ignorant who despise education.
Publilius Syrus.

So god made me an atheist. Who are you to question his wisdom?!

#7627    Abramelin

Abramelin

-

• 18,085 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 01:06 PM

The Thunderstone has already been mentioned, Searcher.

But to no avail....

#7628    Harte

Harte

Supremely Educated Knower of Everything in Existence

• 8,760 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 01:30 PM

View Postzoser, on 24 February 2013 - 04:28 PM, said:

The site in ruins.  It's been ruined for millenia.  

Half of it is still buried under mud.

Puma Punku that is.  Not Tiwanaku.

Neither was it constructed by pot smoking indians whose ultimate art was tapestry and the teepee.

Yes, they were too brown to be able to do anything that whitey can do.

Harte

I've consulted all the sages I could find in yellow pages but there aren't many of them. - The Alan Parsons Project
Most people would die sooner than think; in fact, they do so. - Bertrand Russell
Ignorance is preferable to error; and he is less remote from the truth who believes nothing, than he who believes what is wrong. - Thomas Jefferson
Giorgio's dying Ancient Aliens internet forum

#7629    Myles

Myles

Government Agent

• 4,017 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 01:33 PM

View Postzoser, on 24 February 2013 - 07:21 PM, said:

That no one recalls the build or the demise is too fantastic to be credible.

Sorry but it just is the case.

Some wag would surely have some story or legend.

Yet there is nothing.
You are so far out there.   Ask most people in central US if they know of the massive earthquake that hit in 1811 and 1812.   It rocked 50,000 square miles.    The Mississippi had waves flowing north.  Yet without doing research, no-one knows of this just 200 years later.  
You are hitching your wagon to the wrong thoughts.

#7630    Myles

Myles

Government Agent

• 4,017 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 01:35 PM

View Postzoser, on 24 February 2013 - 07:26 PM, said:

Good enough to do accurate designs with?

Sounds like science fiction to me.

Also Mr O is there a precedent anywhere in history for Indians producing architecture to the precision?

I'll let you have a chew on that for a while.
Once again he proves he was lying about his engineering background.

#7631    TheSearcher

TheSearcher

Coffee expert extraordinair

• 3,845 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 01:48 PM

View PostAbramelin, on 25 February 2013 - 01:06 PM, said:

The Thunderstone has already been mentioned, Searcher.

But to no avail....

Dammit.....then again, after 509 pages, one cannot expect anybody to remember all the things said or retorted.
I still hold it to Humanity 1 - Soft Stone Boy 0.
1200 ton blocks were moved by manual labor, evidence is given. Logistics are given. Just listen to the stones, they tell the story...... :whistle:

View PostMyles, on 25 February 2013 - 01:35 PM, said:

Once again he proves he was lying about his engineering background.

Doesn't really surprise anybody I bet.....

It is only the ignorant who despise education.
Publilius Syrus.

So god made me an atheist. Who are you to question his wisdom?!

#7632    third_eye

third_eye

_ M Ġ ń Ř Ī Ş_

• 6,957 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 01:52 PM

View PostHarte, on 25 February 2013 - 01:30 PM, said:

Yes, they were too brown to be able to do anything that whitey can do.

Harte

'greenie' Mr HArte, they were too brown to be able to do anything that greenie can do, or wuz it bluey?

' ... life and death carry on as they always have ~ and always will, only the dreamer is gone ~ behind the flow of imagination, beyond any effort to be still
dancing in the ebb and flow of attention, more present than the breath, I find the origins of my illusions, only the dreamer is gone ~ the dream never ends
'

GIFTS WITH NO GIVER - a love affair with truth ~ Poems by Nirmala

third_eye ' s cavern ~ bring own beer

#7633    scowl

scowl

Government Agent

• Closed
  • 4,111 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 05:39 PM

View Postzoser, on 24 February 2013 - 08:52 PM, said:

Very doubtful that the AA hypothesis is doing anything but escalating.

You must be young or you weren't paying attention back in the 70's. That's when convicted criminal Von Daniken got rich writing "Chariots of the Gods". Millions of people bought this nonsense and believed that aliens in space suits flew to Earth from distant stars using chemically propelled rockets, crudely stacked rocks on top of each other, and then left. The commercial success of this book led to other books with even more incredible claims, several movies, and a popular syndicated television series called "In Search Of...".

At least back then we had some excuses. The mainstream media ate this stuff up and didn't bother talking to actual archeologists who had dull explanations for most of Von Daniken's astounding claims. Some of the mysteries in the book really were mysteries at the time and it took years of actual investigation to explain them. We were still excited about having landed on the Moon. The Chariots of the Gods movie said with no doubt that men would be landing on Mars by the end of the century so interstellar travel seemed pretty likely in a hundred years. The Ancient Astronauts idea didn't seem that crazy.

But today there is no excuse for any educated person to believe these claims. Most of armchair investigator Von Daniken's claims were shattered by existing evidence and other claims became jokes of muddled thinking (aliens travelling from a distant star wouldn't need artificial landmarks to know where to land!). The rest of his claims were eventually explained by archaeologists investigating the claims.

People now know that ancient humans were just as smart as we are. They figured out how to build things using techniques that we no longer use. These days anyone who claims that aliens must have built something is admitting they're ignorant of what humans can do.

#7634    Slave2Fate

Slave2Fate

Bloodstained Hurricane

• 6,414 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 05:53 PM

View Postscowl, on 25 February 2013 - 05:39 PM, said:

People now know that ancient humans were just as smart as we are. They figured out how to build things using techniques that we no longer use. These days anyone who claims that aliens must have built something is admitting they're ignorant of what humans can do.

^ This.

I believe that the problem solving skills of ancient cultures possibly surpassed our own today. Necessity is the mother of invention after all. The cognitive and reasoning abilities of ancient cultures is every bit as good then as it is in us today. The people who believe that the ancients sat around in the mud and grunted at each other (metaphorically speaking) are completely clueless and more than a little insulting.

Edited by Slave2Fate, 25 February 2013 - 05:55 PM.

"You want to discuss plausibility then you have to accept reality." -Mattshark

"Don't argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level then beat you with experience." -Obviousman

You know... the plural of ``anecdote'' is not ``data''. Similarly, the plural of ``random fact'' is not ``mystical symbolism''. -sepulchrave

#7635    seeder

seeder

Nut Cracker

• 8,994 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 05:55 PM

so what will it be this evening then? Shall we say for certainty,. more re-posts of pics of zosers walls? And circular arguments going over all the old ground again. No new evidence, in fact there has NEVER been any evidence but that wont stop him.

NO mention of ancient aliens. Complete ignoring of the skeptics posts. Claims that there are 'numerous experts' who now believe this is the way it is. Dismissal of earthquakes, tidal waves, lightening storms, tsunamis, you know things that destroy stuff on earth,  because a nuclear bomb 'actually'  ruined the site even though they had lazers but they mustn't have been strong enough so it was nuked. (Did he forget the theory that when the aliens ship blasted off it actually blew the walls down too?)

Not to mention we KNOW the site was pillaged for its stones to be made into houses elsewhere, and this also is a reason some rocks are found a long way off, people got tired of dragging them and prolly left them where they got tired

Then at some point when he watches another segment of the AA series, or gets an update off Foresters FB page - that it will be proudly posted,  like that will clinch it for everyone.

Have I missed anything else that will happen on the never ending groundhog days we spend here?

Edited by seeder, 25 February 2013 - 06:11 PM.

Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored
It's not the depth of the rabbit hole that bugs me... It's all the rabbit poop you stumble over on your way down...
“It's easier to fool people - than to convince them that they have been fooled.”  Mark Twain