Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Man dies 'playing Russian roulette'

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1    ExpandMyMind

ExpandMyMind

Telekinetic

• Closed
  • 6,628 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 05:43 PM

Police are investigating the death of a man who had apparently been playing Russian roulette.
Emergency services were called to a house on Hogg Avenue in Johnstone, Renfrewshire, on Saturday following a "firearms" incident.
Alan McWilliams, 41, was found seriously injured and taken to the Southern General Hospital in Glasgow for treatment but died on Sunday.
A neighbour told the Scottish Sun newspaper that Mr McWilliams had been "playing Russian roulette with a pal and the gun went off".

http://news.uk.msn.c...ussian-roulette

Wow. If this story is accurate then we have another contender for a Darwin Award. Incredible.

#2    freetoroam

freetoroam

Honourary member of the UM asylum

• 6,810 posts

• If you didn't see it with your own eyes, or hear it with your own ears, don't invent it with your small mind and share it with your big mouth!

Posted 05 March 2013 - 05:50 PM

Why spend tax payers money on this? he was playing Russian roulette with a pal and the gun went off...end off!

In an ideal World a law would be passed were NO guns were allowed and all those out there destroyed, trouble is the law makers are not going to take a risk of trying to pass that without making sure they are armed first.

#3    Valdemar the Great

Valdemar the Great

Commander in the Secret Space Fleet

• 24,550 posts

• Vampires are people too.

Posted 05 March 2013 - 06:00 PM

Man dies playing 'Russian roulette'? Perhaps it's not one of Rihanna's more upbeat songs, but I didn't think it was that bad.

:-/

Life is a hideous business, and from the background behind what we know of it peer daemoniacal hints of truth which make it sometimes a thousandfold more hideous.

H. P. Lovecraft.

Posted Image

#4    MoorWalks

MoorWalks

My freestyle rapping career didn't work out, so I came back

• 6,293 posts

• The illegitimate love-child of Strategy and Creativity. Sex God, Entrepreneur, Super Hero, Rapper, Table Dancer.

Posted 05 March 2013 - 06:11 PM

View Postfreetoroam, on 05 March 2013 - 05:50 PM, said:

Why spend tax payers money on this? he was playing Russian roulette with a pal and the gun went off...end off!

I guess it could be an un-licensed, un-registered firearm or he may have been killed and it was made to look like “Russian Roulette” gone wrong.

This game never appealed to me, I think I will stick to "Hungry Hippo’s" although you can get a nasty nip on your fingers playing that… I guess all games are played with an element of risk.

Posted Image

#5    wolfknight

wolfknight

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,658 posts

• There is nothing to Fear, but fear itself

Posted 05 March 2013 - 06:15 PM

Can you say DUMBA55. :gun:

#6    CrimsonKing

CrimsonKing

Psychic Spy

• 1,355 posts

• "It does not require a majority to prevail,but rather an irate,tireless minority keen to set brushfires in peoples minds" Sam Adams

Posted 05 March 2013 - 06:19 PM

Hmmmm......Man dies playing russian roulette.Who could have ever seen this coming :whistle:

Sorry tried thinking of a witty joke but some things are so dumb they speak for themselves :blink:

"If it is not advantageous,do not move.If objectives can not be attained,do not employ the army.Unless endangered do not engage in warfare.The ruler cannot mobilize the army out of personal anger.The general can not engage in battle because of personal frustration.When it is advantageous,move;when not advantageous,stop.Anger can revert to happiness,annoyance can revert to joy,but a vanquished state cannot be revived,the dead cannot be brought back to life." Sun-Tzu

#7    CrimsonKing

CrimsonKing

Psychic Spy

• 1,355 posts

• "It does not require a majority to prevail,but rather an irate,tireless minority keen to set brushfires in peoples minds" Sam Adams

Posted 05 March 2013 - 06:20 PM

View PostLord Vetinari, on 05 March 2013 - 06:00 PM, said:

Man dies playing 'Russian roulette'? Perhaps it's not one of Rihanna's more upbeat songs, but I didn't think it was that bad.

:-/

:lol:

"If it is not advantageous,do not move.If objectives can not be attained,do not employ the army.Unless endangered do not engage in warfare.The ruler cannot mobilize the army out of personal anger.The general can not engage in battle because of personal frustration.When it is advantageous,move;when not advantageous,stop.Anger can revert to happiness,annoyance can revert to joy,but a vanquished state cannot be revived,the dead cannot be brought back to life." Sun-Tzu

#8    freetoroam

freetoroam

Honourary member of the UM asylum

• 6,810 posts

• If you didn't see it with your own eyes, or hear it with your own ears, don't invent it with your small mind and share it with your big mouth!

Posted 05 March 2013 - 06:40 PM

View Postxsas, on 05 March 2013 - 06:11 PM, said:

I guess it could be an un-licensed, un-registered firearm or he may have been killed and it was made to look like “Russian Roulette” gone wrong.

This game never appealed to me, I think I will stick to "Hungry Hippo’s" although you can get a nasty nip on your fingers playing that… I guess all games are played with an element of risk.
i would imagine it is unlicensed, I do hope that anyone with a license to own a gun does not do anything as irresponsible as this!
Could well be murder, still early doors to tell. if the gun does turn out to be the victims, and the lab can not tell if it was murder or an accident, then this could well be an unsolved case.

In an ideal World a law would be passed were NO guns were allowed and all those out there destroyed, trouble is the law makers are not going to take a risk of trying to pass that without making sure they are armed first.

#9    CuriousGreek

CuriousGreek

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 583 posts

• Dang!

Posted 05 March 2013 - 06:43 PM

Why should people lose their lives like that? That's just...not logical

Αν ανάμεσα σ’ όλον τον κόσμο,
νιώθεις πως δεν υπάρχουνε λύσεις,
τότε μόνο δυο μάτια μπορούνε,
να σε κάνουν να θέλεις να ζήσεις.

#10    Oppono Astos

Oppono Astos

Overlord of Delgon

• 2,089 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 06:47 PM

Can never quite work out if this is winning or losing in such a contest

Who is the skeptic: the realist who won't accept belief, or the believer who won't accept reality?

#11    Himawari69

Himawari69

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 304 posts

• No matter how hard I grip the crown, in the end,it won't matter, because I will not die a queen

Posted 05 March 2013 - 06:52 PM

The stupidity of man never ceases to amaze me...

#12    ExpandMyMind

ExpandMyMind

Telekinetic

• Closed
  • 6,628 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 07:21 PM

He must have been a Deer Hunter fan.

(Great film).

#13    Sweetpumper

Sweetpumper

Heatseeker

• 10,592 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 08:30 PM

He lost his mind.

"At it's most basic level, science is supposed to represent the investigation of the unexplained, not the explanation of the uninvestigated." - Hunt for the Skinwalker

"The ultimate irony of the Disclosure movement is that it deeply distrusts officialdom, while simultaneously looking to officialdom for the truth." - Robbie Graham Silver Screen Saucers

#14    shrooma

shrooma

doesn't have one screw fully tightened.....

• 3,516 posts

• Live.
    Sin.
    Die.

Posted 06 March 2013 - 02:28 AM

a prime example that guns don't kill people....
stupidity does.

- - - - -disclaimer- - - - -    
all posts- without exception- are humourous.
if you fail to grasp the sublety, then don't whine on like a mardy-arsed
bĦt˘h due to your lack of understanding.

#15    BiffSplitkins

BiffSplitkins

Vertically Challenged

• 7,103 posts

• We all have a song inside us, it tells us who we are.

'John Doeber' fellow musician

Posted 06 March 2013 - 01:20 PM

Sounds like this guy watched 'The Deer Hunter' one too many times.

"The problem with internet quotes is that you cant always depend on their accuracy" -Abraham Lincoln, 1864

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users