Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* - - - - 1 votes

Did NASA delete evidence of UFOs?

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#16    Valdemar the Great

Valdemar the Great

Unsafe at Any Speed

• 24,078 posts

• Vampires are people too.

Posted 20 January 2013 - 11:13 AM

View Postzoser, on 20 January 2013 - 11:06 AM, said:

Even NASA take crappy pictures, and you expect better from the common man? We need Jim Oberg's expertise instant dismissal on this
So what it basically is then, is anyone who actually has experience of NASA and the space program is instantly dismissed, but anyone with stupid hair who presents TV shows claiming that everything is the work of Aliens is automatically believed.

Life is a hideous business, and from the background behind what we know of it peer daemoniacal hints of truth which make it sometimes a thousandfold more hideous.

H. P. Lovecraft.

Posted Image

#17    Valdemar the Great

Valdemar the Great

Unsafe at Any Speed

• 24,078 posts

• Vampires are people too.

Posted 20 January 2013 - 11:16 AM

As far as the Mystery and Enigmatic Pictures, I think it's generally agreed that that's a bit of debris that flaked off, isn't it? It's been seen many times before, at any rate.

* favourite comment: Aliens? Dude, that is clearly a falling whale, and if you look closely to its left, you'll see an annoyed bowl of petunias. :santa:

Life is a hideous business, and from the background behind what we know of it peer daemoniacal hints of truth which make it sometimes a thousandfold more hideous.

H. P. Lovecraft.

Posted Image

#18    zoser

zoser

Sapphire

• 10,009 posts

• It is later than you think.

Posted 20 January 2013 - 11:18 AM

View PostLord Vetinari, on 20 January 2013 - 11:13 AM, said:

So what it basically is then, is anyone who actually has experience of NASA and the space program is instantly dismissed, but anyone with stupid hair who presents TV shows claiming that everything is the work of Aliens is automatically believed.

Bias is easily detectable.  There is no evidence whatsoever that JO or for that matter the majority of people here exercise an open mind when discussing these issues.  Flat out dismissal without consideration of the evidence is the name of the game here.

It's been going on for at least a decade.

Posted Image

#19    JimOberg

JimOberg

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,811 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 12:49 PM

View Postzoser, on 20 January 2013 - 11:18 AM, said:

Bias is easily detectable.  There is no evidence whatsoever that JO or for that matter the majority of people here exercise an open mind when discussing these issues.  Flat out dismissal without consideration of the evidence is the name of the game here.

Here's more inconsiderate [to Zoser's cherished ego-boosting delusions] evidence here, where amateur visual satellite observers discuss, at the time it was happening, the pieces jettisoned from that exact shuttle mission:

contemporary accounts of jettisons, SatObs.org board:
http://satobs.org/se...1998/index.html

specific messages
http://satobs.org/se...-1998/0203.html
http://satobs.org/se...-1998/0215.html
http://satobs.org/se...-1998/0225.html

#20    ChrLzs

ChrLzs

Just a contributor..

• 2,960 posts

• I only floccinaucinihilipilificate
    when it IS worthless...

Posted 20 January 2013 - 01:10 PM

Zoser - We need Jim Oberg's expertise instant dismissal on this

Addendum, having just read that post:

Like the OP, the source, MacG and now Zoser have all proven, not many others will properly research this sort of stuff..

That was a priceless demonstration of that which we speak, Zoser.   Perhaps now (better late than never) would be a good time to read Jim's post and follow the links to these images - the ones that were NEVER removed, NEVER hidden..

Your comments about dismissal without consideration of the evidence are some of the purest irony I have seen..

___
All my posts about Apollo are dedicated to the memory of MID - who knew, lived and was an integral part of, Apollo.

#21    DONTEATUS

DONTEATUS

Forum Divinity

• 17,045 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 07:49 PM

Jim its like talking to a wall on this topic ! There is no proof that NASA did anything to cover up anything ! "RIGHT " ?

This is a Work in Progress!

#22    ChrLzs

ChrLzs

Just a contributor..

• 2,960 posts

• I only floccinaucinihilipilificate
    when it IS worthless...

Posted 20 January 2013 - 11:14 PM

View PostDONTEATUS, on 20 January 2013 - 07:49 PM, said:

Jim its like talking to a wall on this topic ! There is no proof that NASA did anything to cover up anything ! "RIGHT " ?

Exactly - that is 'the' NASA archive, it's been there for many, many years, and those images have been there since the day they were processed - and it's relatively easy to prove that.

And the nail in the coffin is a very simple observation of the claim..  Did anyone note that at no point did the claimant explain:
- what 'archive' site they were supposedly deleted from.
- when and how they got the images before the supposed deletion
- what the image references were (every similar nasa image file is named in a way that makes it easily identifiable)

And why do you suppose they didn't do any of that?  Just laziness?  Or could it be that by actually giving details, they knew their own lies would be exposed?

BTW, that last one seems to be the commonest deception used by these nasa-haters.  They don't give anything away about the images, especially not filenames or dates/times (and they often crop or process them) and then hope like hell that no-one can find the original source.   Thanks to Jim (and other tools that are now available like Google's reverse image search), they are no longer getting away with it.

It just shows who the real liars and frauds are.

These fraudsters should be despised by genuine ufo researchers, but no, the naive and the biased often accept this garbage with open arms.

___
All my posts about Apollo are dedicated to the memory of MID - who knew, lived and was an integral part of, Apollo.

#23    Slave2Fate

Slave2Fate

Bloodstained Hurricane

• 6,414 posts

• If you don't believe the sun will rise
    Stand alone and greet the coming night
    In the last remaining light -Audioslave

Posted 20 January 2013 - 11:23 PM

View PostChrlzs, on 20 January 2013 - 11:14 PM, said:

These fraudsters should be despised by genuine ufo researchers, but no, the naive and the biased often accept this garbage with open arms.

That is something I would dearly love to see overcome. Not just for the field of UFOlogy but to make it difficult for these hucksters to ply their trade. I don't like to see anybody taken advantage of regardless of whether or not we agree on any given topic.

"You want to discuss plausibility then you have to accept reality." -Mattshark

"Don't argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level then beat you with experience." -Obviousman

You know... the plural of ``anecdote'' is not ``data''. Similarly, the plural of ``random fact'' is not ``mystical symbolism''. -sepulchrave

#24    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 30,745 posts

• If you stop to think, Remember to start again

Posted 20 January 2013 - 11:24 PM

View Postzoser, on 20 January 2013 - 11:18 AM, said:

It's been going on for at least a decade.

Bias is detectable, and your's stands out like a sore thumb. Trashing people like JO is silly because you are not even so much as a pimple in his behind.

Illustrate the flat out dismissal Zoser, I dare you, yet again like I have so many times, and like you have ignored so many times. We can see what your opinions is based on. Ignorance, again, you have not even read the posts. The OP said the photos had been deleted, and Jim provided links to the so called deleted photos on line. The only bias being shown is your continually amazing deliberate ignorance and refusal to read posts you comment on. You have now resorted to attacking professionals and lying about claims. Not that such was unexpected. This is where the woo woo train always goes.

What is flat out dismissal if not complaining about a post that has been answered right in front of you? The claimed missing data is not missing. Now what Zoser?

And what you are doing has been going on for more than a decade. Nothing to be proud of though.

Edited by psyche101, 20 January 2013 - 11:26 PM.

Things are what they are. - Me Reality can't be debunked. That's the beauty of it. - Capeo 'If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants.' - Sir Isaac Newton. "Let me repeat the lesson learned from the Sturrock scientific review panel: Pack up your old data and forget it. Ufology needs new data, new cases, new rigorous and scientific methodologies if it hopes ever to get out of its pit." Ed Stewart. Youtube is the last refuge of the ignorant and is more often used for disinformation than genuine research.  There is a REASON for PEER REVIEW... - Chrlzs. Nothing is inexplicable, just unexplained. - Sir Wearer of Hats.

#25    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 30,745 posts

• If you stop to think, Remember to start again

Posted 20 January 2013 - 11:38 PM

View Postthe L, on 20 January 2013 - 07:17 AM, said:

I wouldnt know.

Now you do ;)

During spacewalks debris, both small and large, are often thrown off the station for convenience, although sometimes tools unintentionally slip away.  Such was the case in December 1998  when a slidewire carrier and a worksite interface were lost by the STS-88 crew while conducting an extravehicular activity (EVA) for ISS.  These objects were large enough to be tracked by the U.S. SSN and were cataloged (U.S. satellite numbers 25564 and 25565).  Three other objects were also released by STS-88 spacewalkers, one inadvertently (an insulation blanket) and two by design (antenna spools), although only the former was officially cataloged (Debris, 1999)

LINK

Things are what they are. - Me Reality can't be debunked. That's the beauty of it. - Capeo 'If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants.' - Sir Isaac Newton. "Let me repeat the lesson learned from the Sturrock scientific review panel: Pack up your old data and forget it. Ufology needs new data, new cases, new rigorous and scientific methodologies if it hopes ever to get out of its pit." Ed Stewart. Youtube is the last refuge of the ignorant and is more often used for disinformation than genuine research.  There is a REASON for PEER REVIEW... - Chrlzs. Nothing is inexplicable, just unexplained. - Sir Wearer of Hats.

#26    JimOberg

JimOberg

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,811 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 12:08 AM

Here's more on that mission. The SatObs group was discussing the exact items thrown overboard and how they were being tracked.

contemporary accounts of jettisons, SatObs.org board:
http://satobs.org/se...1998/index.html

http://satobs.org/se...-1998/0203.html
http://satobs.org/se...-1998/0215.html
http://satobs.org/se...-1998/0225.html

PAO image gallery including spacewalks:
http://www.spaceflig...lery/search.cgi

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users