Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Voynich manuscript partially translated

Zargoza

Havent seen this anywhere, i did a quick search but may have missed it, my apologies if this is a duplicate thread but....

I stumbled on this this evening and was quite intrigued....

http://www.bbc.com/news/science-environment-22975809

your thoughts? has the cipher finally been broken?

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mentalcase

• spud the mackem

• Zargoza

• qxcontinuum

Top Posters In This Topic

Here is something interesting. I am able to read some of the letters written in the manuscript

Edited by qxcontinuum

Yeah, intriguing but, not this article. I hate when "writers/reporters" sensationalize the crap out of something, when all they are really doing is recycling news. They just add a new twist to it. Utter rubbish...

If the people who wrote this wanted to say somethng important, why did they write it in their language instead of putting it in uncypherable script,which makes me feel that someone in the past decided to play a joke....f..gyha..y..dlj..zykrjs....(i want a new laptop)...another prophesy maybe of doom and gloom but if no one can read it we are going to miss out.

I tend to agree with the experts at the end of the article...

"There have been numerous encrypted texts since the Middle Ages and 99.9% have been cracked. If you have a whole book, as here, it should be 'quite easy' as there is so much material for analysts to work with. That it has never been decrypted is a strong argument for the hoax theory."

Though he has found a pattern, what the words mean remains a mystery. The very fact that a century of brilliant minds have analysed the work with little progress means some believe a hoax is the only likely explanation.

"I don't think there's much chance that the Voynich manuscript is simply an unidentified language, because there are too many features in its text that are very different from anything found in any real language."